Immigrant processing time at airport stateside

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
I knowthis may sound silly, but does anyone have any idea how long it takes for an incoming immigrant to be processed through the system upon arrival at the POE airport?
We, my wife and children, will be immigrating to the states in very short order since we have just received the final paperwork for the medicals and the interview a the Consulate in SDQ,
We intend to leave ASAP after the "Green Cards" are issued, but must change planes in either Miami or Orlando (depending on which carrier we use). Since noit much time is allocated between our arrival and departure times, we have decided the best solution would be to reamain overnight in whatever city we first arrive at.
Any educated guesses and/or positive feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Texas Bill

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I knowthis may sound silly, but does anyone have any idea how long it takes for an incoming immigrant to be processed through the system upon arrival at the POE airport?
We, my wife and children, will be immigrating to the states in very short order since we have just received the final paperwork for the medicals and the interview a the Consulate in SDQ,
We intend to leave ASAP after the "Green Cards" are issued, but must change planes in either Miami or Orlando (depending on which carrier we use). Since noit much time is allocated between our arrival and departure times, we have decided the best solution would be to reamain overnight in whatever city we first arrive at.
Any educated guesses and/or positive feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Texas Bill

You will need a least 2 hours, in a business airport like Miami the gateway of the Americas even more.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I landed in Miami at 10:45 am ln 2008, I was told to walk very fast toward the immigration office to get an early turn, at 12:00 pm I got my passport endorsed with one year residence visa.

Good luck.

JJ

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Thanks everyone.

We plan on entering through Ft. Lauderdale for the present.
That could change, depending on exactly when the visas arrive at our house.
Looking at Jet Blue, Spirit and AAL for travel arrangements. Will do the cheapest and most convenient way of getting to Texas.

Texas Bill

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I know this isn't the same, as it is for Canada, but my husband landed in Toronto and it only took him half an hour to be processed. Toronto is a very busy airport too but the flight came in later at night.