Immigration of a friend to US

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Hi,
I have been thinking of having a Dominican friend of mine come up and stay with me in the U.S. I was wondering if I take responsibility for his expenses and welfare while in US is their a way to get him in? He is not a wealthy person and I was wondering if their was a way. I asked an immigration lawyer hewr in St Pete Fla but she wasnt to hopefull Any advice??

Last edited:

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
It's very difficult for a Dominican to obtain a visitor's visa to the U.S. The U.S. Consulate in Santo Domingo knows that most applicants just want an entry into the U.S. to stay there permanently. The screening process is therefore very rigorous and sometimes arbitrary. Generally, applicants need to be well-to-do (titles to property and bank account statements are required) and married. Singles and young people in their 20's are usually rejected instantly.

A disclaimer: obtaining a U.S. visa for a Dominican national is a matter which pertains to U.S. immigration law and not to Dominican immigration law. It should be properly handled by a U.S. immigration attorney and not by a Dominican attorney like me.

Fabio J. Guzman
www.drlawyer.com

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks to all for their replys,
I have been reading as You suggested Delores the problemm is I
feel very close to this person and wanted to see if their was a permenat way to get him her to live. Its seems almost impossible
. Howerever thanks again for your input and also Dr Guzman.