Implicit Association test - What do you prefer, Black vs White?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyonline

Jun 29, 2013
troy, you understand irony, i hope? because that's where "white supremacist" stuff came from. and it's hard to see that in the pseudo-intellectual mash you are trying to feed me. spare me about human beauty. beauty is beauty, the same to all whose eyes can see. i am not interested in inner values, i look at the outside and i judge by the outside this is why strongly leaning towards white did not surprise me all all. i like white. that i do not find a black girl as attractive does not mean she is worse as a human being to me. only uglier, no more, no less. and i speak polish. narrow and exclusive enough for your hipster tastes?

Actually, I think the word you are looking for is sarcasm, not irony. By definition there was absolutely no irony in your comments. However, with you saying, "i am not interested in inner values, i look at the outside and i judge by the outside". Then there is no point in continuing this conversation. At this juncture the entire conversation becomes mute, useless, pointless, devoid of meaning, reason, and intellect without merit. Thank you for your time and good bye.

MJP35

Feb 5, 2013
Since I no longer generally classify people according to race I wasn't able to take the test. It is what should be expected after living in the DR for so ling.

It is clear though that this test is a good example of the warped American perspective on race, should we really have expected anything else?

Chip I would out of curiosity like you to take the test just to see your results. I bet you will be surprised.

To everyone else I think there is confusion it seems there are more than one test being taken one which rates your preference for different races in order and another called the RACE IAT. This is the one I intended for people to take. This was spurred by the video posted in the other forum about Dominican children being asked questions about two dolls in front of them. One black and one white.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Actually, I think the word you are looking for is sarcasm, not irony. By definition there was absolutely no irony in your comments. However, with you saying, "i am not interested in inner values, i look at the outside and i judge by the outside". Then there is no point in continuing this conversation. At this juncture the entire conversation becomes mute, useless, pointless, devoid of meaning, reason, and intellect without merit. Thank you for your time and good bye.

bonus point for the use of thesaurus, douchebag.

MJP35

Feb 5, 2013
Troyonline - while you have many valid points. The RACE IAT uses the words white person, black person, and good and bad which are then associated by the testee to words, evil, joy, peace, hurt etc. and pictures of a white persons face or a black persons face. This set up disallows any misunderstanding of the definition of White or black people because the definition is not what is being tested but rather the automatic associations people make with a black/negro/african face or whatever you want to or grew up saying or the word peace for example.

The whole point of this was to point out the flaw in society and especially Dominican society which associates lighter skinned people as being good or better. And darker skinned people (Haitians) as being bad. This is something that is part of most modern societies as a result of colonialism religion and numerous other factors, Not just american society.

mustang88

Jun 19, 2010
to mjp35.....leave my testies out of the discussion......to troyonline.....the word is moot, not mute.....with all due respect, me.

Beenaway

May 27, 2013
"All in all, from my experience it is white people that scare me the most."

Is that comment acceptable? - independent of its verisimilitude.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Since I no longer generally classify people according to race I wasn't able to take the test. It is what should be expected after living in the DR for so ling.

It is clear though that this test is a good example of the warped American perspective on race, should we really have expected anything else?

" No "

Status
Not open for further replies.