Import 10Kw Generator from the USA to the DR?

Catsegler

May 24, 2022
Las Terrenas
Hello

I wanted to buy a 250pounds 10KW Generator from Amazon USA and import it to he DR. Value is about 2000-4000$ depending on model. How can this wor? Any experience to have the safest way? Delivery can last 3-6 month? Thanks a lot

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Call a mudanza in MIA or NYC and ask about feasibility........ will be about a 3 week delivery or less and no tax
One price for the shipment - all inclusive

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Hello

I wanted to buy a 250pounds 10KW Generator from Amazon USA and import it to he DR. Value is about 2000-4000$ depending on model. How can this wor? Any experience to have the safest way? Delivery can last 3-6 month? Thanks a lot
Ship directly to Awilda in Queens NY. You will have it at your door in less than 6 weeks.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
If it's only an emergency generator 2-4k is way to much. I buy a duromax 13,000 Watt (peak) every 5-7 years and they work just fine.
Usually arround 1,000 and on Prime day below 800$. 2-4k for a 10kw must be a silent one.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If it's only an emergency generator 2-4k is way to much. I buy a duromax 13,000 Watt (peak) every 5-7 years and they work just fine.
Usually arround 1,000 and on Prime day below 800$. 2-4k for a 10kw must be a silent one.
I bought a Honda super silent inverter generator. I have it in a spare bedroom. When it runs I can't even hear it.

I've had my share of 4 cycle generators that get the job done but man, they are noisy.

I've also had a couple of Denyo super silent 15k generators. They are incredibly quiet as well.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I bought a Honda super silent inverter generator. I have it in a spare bedroom. When it runs I can't even hear it.

I've had my share of 4 cycle generators that get the job done but man, they are noisy.

I've also had a couple of Denyo super silent 15k generators. They are incredibly quiet as well.
Well well well..... you bought a "Mercedes" while i am talking about a "Hyunday" LOL

Reactions: JD Jones

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

JD, do you have a solar one?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
JD, do you have a solar one?
No, I don't have an environment that is receptive for that.
I used just generators for decades, then decided to try an inverter about 15 years ago. That has worked well for me, but I didn't feel
covered until I got another generator for running the house while I recharge batteries in case of an extended blackout.
That's probably the reason why the electric supply where I live is so good now; the generator is basically redundant. lol

Reactions: NanSanPedro

sosua10

Jan 17, 2010
Off topic, but since you folks are knowledgeable about generators - I have a 20KW Kohl generator and the noise is bothering the neighbors. I've been thinking about building 3 1/2 block walls (the 4th being partially open for maintenance) about 6 ft high , leaving about 2 ft between the generator and each wall, and no roof (sound being directional) to allow for plenty of ventilation. Make sense? - Danny Weiss

Reactions: Manuel01

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Just enclose it it completely and put your mind at ease.

On one of my previous generators I built 8 walls around it with a cement roof, so in effect, a room within a room with a 4 inch space between them.

On one end I had an opening for the radiator on the inside wall and the outside wall with open blocks at the top for ventilation.
The other end had a 48" door in each wall to be able to get the generator out if needed. The roof was 7 ft so I could hang an I-Beam from it to move the generator.

The inside width of the room was 60" wider than the generator, which gave me 30 inches on each side for movement. With inverters and batteries on the wall it was tight.

It was completely enclosed, and all you could hear when it was running was a very faint hum if you were less than 6 ft away.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Off topic, but since you folks are knowledgeable about generators - I have a 20KW Kohl generator and the noise is bothering the neighbors. I've been thinking about building 3 1/2 block walls (the 4th being partially open for maintenance) about 6 ft high , leaving about 2 ft between the generator and each wall, and no roof (sound being directional) to allow for plenty of ventilation. Make sense? - Danny Weiss
Good Idea but you need to take care of three things; Venilation, Ventilation and Ventilation. Most of the Generators shut off when the inside of your room exceeds arround 50 degree Celsius. Cover the inside with accoustic foam (amazon). This helps a lot !!!

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
BTW, don't forget to get a set of anti vibration foot pads or springs to deaden the vibration as well.

sosua10

Jan 17, 2010
Hopefully no roof and 1/2 open on one side will suffice for ventilation. It's great having electricity for the whole house 24/7.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Have never used them but Awilda doesn’t have to many stellar reviews. Have always had good experiences with Tonys shipping when shipping from New York.
I had problems with every shipper that I ever used. I had the least problems with Awilda. One time it was held up for a long time in the port because someone tried to ship something they should not have. Port delays are out of Awilda’s control. Other times they only delivered 4 of the 6 boxes, but they eventually got there a few days later.
The other shippers I used always damaged things or items were missing upon arrival. They promised to look into it. Those shippers and OJ Simpson are still doing a full investigation to find those responsible.

Reactions: Doogle

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Does it run so often that the neighbors should be bothered?
Maybe they complain because they are not connected?