Importing a car to DR

Jan 9, 2004
Or they might be of higher quality, depending on where they were built.
..........And that is a possibility too..............but I have yet to encounter an example of vehicles being of higher quality components that were specifically built for, and shipped to, emerging market countries,

Another example would be white goods (stoves, refrigerators etc.) built with thinner gauge metal and using lower quality compressors to meet certain price points. Ditto TV's. Lots of Dominicans import those items from the US even preferring used from there versus new in the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

QSAGHAR

May 3, 2019
I do not use a customs agent as I have my own "contacts" at the port.....if needed.
I'm planning on sending a 2016 vehicle to Port Sans Souci in SD. I'm willing to pay a competent customs agent (or You) for help in getting it out of customs with reasonable fees. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Jan 9, 2004
I'm planning on sending a 2016 vehicle to Port Sans Souci in SD. I'm willing to pay a competent customs agent (or You) for help in getting it out of customs with reasonable fees. Any suggestions? Thanks!
The only vehicles, that I am aware of, coming into San Souci are on the ferry from PR.

Do you mean Caucedo?

See Post #77 for a recommendation.

I only clear and transfer for auto dealer clients that usually bring/transfer from 10-20 cars each time. As I fly into the DR for that purpose, it would not be cost effective for either of us to handle one car.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2