Importing a Nissan Murano 2004 to DR

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Wow

I would be using it in the Capital, sometimes I would go to the countryside in the southwestern part. I am about rethinking to send my car overseas. I don't want to pay us$9000 to export a car.
for more info about MPG
Search by Model

if the aduana wasnt going to milk you for $9k to bring that gold Murano in I would say bring it....nice choice in color, definately better looking than the CRV. If i see a gold murano in la capital i'll think of you LOL
whereabouts in the countryside do you go? i usually go visit my wife's family in Najayo whenever I go campo!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Una broma!

You may want to paint it before importing the vehicle to avoid stalkers!

locorecto

Mar 24, 2009
I usually go to Iguana, a small community around La Presa de Valdecia. I go to San Juan too. My father is from San Juan and My mother is From Iguana, Bani. I also like to go on daylong expeditions to different parts of the country.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
i'm just saying i havent seen one on my trips to DR, not saying they dont exist. all the time i drive in la capital i swear i've never seen one.
so next time i'm there i'll keep my eyes open, maybe i see you driving around! LOL, what color Murano did you end up buying? :cheeky:
Quite a few used ones are for sale in the capital:

Nissan Murano - Rep? Dominicana

-NALs

locorecto

Mar 24, 2009
he does have a point! LOL :cheeky:
GOLD colored car and everyone is coming after you! LOL

But What is the big difference??? At the end they cost the same... ohhh I was forgetting in the DR not everyone thinks they cost the same. People may think, meen that guy is millonario, look a Gold Murano... :laugh::laugh::laugh: lol

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
this is off topic but...in my many trips to DR I have also looked all over if any Honda Preludes were around....5th generation though 1997 - 2001, i thought not given the road conditions all over but to my amazement i saw one last year on carretera mella close to Mega Centro. silver colored! LOL someone actually DOES have one! not sure what condition its shocks must be in! LOL

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I A friend of mine send a Ford Explorer last year and he paid about USD$4500 including shipping.

I do not want to doubt what you say but the aduana website shows import tax for the cheapest Explorer 2004 as roughly $8 500. It is without cost of shipping.

Tasas
Gravamen : 112,610.11 20.00%
Selectivo : 0.00
Itbis : 108,105.70 16.00
Recargo : 0.00 0.00%
Placa/Marbete/Servicio : 95,718.59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estimado Impuestos a Pagar : 316,434.40

locorecto

Mar 24, 2009
Fuera de Chelcha

Anyway, What do you guys recommend me to do? Send the Murano???Buy it in DR??? Buy another vehicle and send it??? Buy Another vehicle in DR??

Tell me?

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
it's your call bro...although i wouldnt want to pay the duties on it [not worth it] even though a GOLD colored Murano.....sigh
sell it and buy another car in DR....sorry

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
If an opinion is allowed to be expressed...

You bought it for $9000 (excellent deal!)

Customs is $8500

Shipping $1000

Bribes/Dominican corruption $1000

Total: $19 500, let`s say $20G.

2004 Murano WITH NO DOMINICAN MILES will be sold privately in DR for $22G-$23G. You will make money. Not much, but still. But being without experience you will have to do some leg work. Begin with your local Dominican Consulate.

How does the CAFTA work if US made Explorer has the same import tax as Japanese Murano??!!

locorecto

Mar 24, 2009
it's your call bro...although i wouldnt want to pay the duties on it [not worth it] even though a GOLD colored Murano.....sigh
sell it and buy another car in DR....sorry

No problem, I haven't gotten excited with the color, maybe because I don't have this suv in the DR. But I think buying another car in the DR would be a good decition not only for the price but also because I don't want to deal with those unscrupulous people from Aduanas. There are a lot of buscones and I don't like to deal with them.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
How does the CAFTA work if US made Explorer has the same import tax as Japanese Murano??!!

Most cars sold in North America are assembled in NAFTA countries, usually the USA or Mexico. Even Japanese, Korean and European marks are manufactured (assembled) in NA.