Imprudent truck drivers to face trial

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Coalicion-Camiones-Peaje-El-Dia.jpg

Drivers Elvis Angel Joaquín and Jose Veloz will be tried for reckless driving. The two truck drivers crashed into a toll booth on Duarte Highway on Saturday. They will also be penalized for causing damages to public property. The trucks are the property of Unipollo and Transporte Express. The event occurred around 6pm at the toll booth entering Santo Domingo. The photo of the two trucks in a tied photo finish went viral over the weekend. Other photos surfaced, showing several drivers of private cars in the same situation.

Read more in Spanish:El Dia

4 August 2020

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I cant believe they are actually going to enforce one of their traffic laws..Only time will tell if they carry through.

Reactions: aarhus

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
If there were two, one must have had the right of way...?

As in this country, you drive on the right side, should be the one on the right side if they were properly within the lane or if not, then the one that was properly within the lane... Important to note though, that "right of way" might be a bit vague concept here... Whoever either has a larger vehicle or is willing to damage their vehicle usually has the "right of way"...

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
If there were two, one must have had the right of way...?
No such thing. Sometimes when there is a game of chicken there are two losers. The DR isn't too bad as I've seen countries where taxis are more like a demolition derby. Only a fool would own a car there.

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
No such thing. Sometimes when there is a game of chicken there are two losers. The DR isn't too bad as I've seen countries where taxis are more like a demolition derby. Only a fool would own a car there.
Kind of lost me at the "DR isn't too bad". Route 5, is more or less, a 5 lane highway with cars passing on double solids on a blind hill all day long.