In Nagua, of 100 PCR tests, 90 test positive

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You're kidding right lol. They just killed the narc chief in a late night bust (Sanchez). The place is literally a zoo. One of the worst drug and murder spots in North Coast. But at least you can go to chori pan and see live bachata singing on the weekends. Come on man
Nagua is a laid back and relaxed spot.
I used to spend a lot of time there when
living in El Pozo. Many a Saturday night at
their local area watching local basketball.
Friends with the owner's of Hotel Central.
Town is nicknamed Cuidad de Dios. Not
uncommon to see it written on license plate
covers in and around the area. So many infections,
so few deaths. Who's tracking the regular cases
of influenza over there? How many cases...
or is it all 100% covid???

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
If your immune system never gets exposed to these viruses then how would mankind have ever existed up until now? Granted, if you have pre-existing conditions taking precautions is probably a good idea. However, imho you will Still be exposed by people that don't even know they have it or have had it at some point.

IMO, one big problem here is that if this was "just the flu" as it was said very strongly a few months back, even we with the small kids in tow would think of this differently. However, what I'm mainly thinking are the symptoms/issues that come with time, as it has been reported. So while you may not suffer even if you have symptoms, what if the virus does long-term damage to your body, see below from another thread here:

My 20 year old daughter who is a rowing athlete had it 3 months ago and is now being evaluated for heart damage.

So the above is to say that if you get the virus, it might just be like the flu, but what if something "goes wrong"... Something that cannot be cured happens...
Adding to my second quote: Obviously, hoping for all the best for GringoRubio and his family and a speedy recovery...

Reactions: GringoRubio

Meat

Aug 3, 2020
DR
IMO, one big problem here is that if this was "just the flu" as it was said very strongly a few months back, even we with the small kids in tow would think of this differently. However, what I'm mainly thinking are the symptoms/issues that come with time, as it has been reported. So while you may not suffer even if you have symptoms, what if the virus does long-term damage to your body, see below from another thread here:

So the above is to say that if you get the virus, it might just be like the flu, but what if something "goes wrong"... Something that cannot be cured happens...
Adding to my second quote: Obviously, hoping for all the best for GringoRubio and his family and a speedy recovery...
No question as a parent I would worry also. However, when I just left the states the majority of issues were with people above 70 y/o and not with children at all. See Maine for example.
I came out of Texas which I have not looked at the statistics.
The real worry for me would be something Man made (such as a vaccine) that has been rushed through trials due to possible coming elections etc.
Do you really want to be the first one to step and take that vaccine shot since it really hasn't been tested long term at all? The synthetic man made version scares me more...actually, so much I have never even stepped up to a flu shot and never will.
Or maybe it's too many Zombie movies idk :)

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Do you really want to be the first one to step and take that vaccine shot since it really hasn't been tested long term at all? The synthetic man made version scares me more...actually, so much I have never even stepped up to a flu shot and never will.
Or maybe it's too many Zombie movies idk :)

The problem with older vaccines was that they had a "dead" or "weakened" version of the virus. I put it in quotes because too often it wasn't dead or weakened enough for all people.

The newer vaccines have synthetic proteins, so this is solved although an allergic reaction is still possible.

Meat

Aug 3, 2020
DR
Right, which is where the horror stories came from. Mostly allergic reactions, thank you.
Sorry to hear about your daughter I wish her the best.

Reactions: GringoRubio

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Nagua is a laid back and relaxed spot.
I used to spend a lot of time there when
living in El Pozo. Many a Saturday night at
their local area watching local basketball.
Friends with the owner's of Hotel Central.
Town is nicknamed Cuidad de Dios. Not
uncommon to see it written on license plate
covers in and around the area. So many infections,
so few deaths. Who's tracking the regular cases
of influenza over there? How many cases...
or is it all 100% covid???
Nobody really tracks cases of a flu, generally estimates are made and if some develops pneumonia (or dies from complications) that is listed as a cause of death, not the flu unlike CV19.