In Nagua, of 100 PCR tests, 90 test positive

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Hospital-Dr-Antonio-Yapor-Heded-Nagua-N-Digital.png

An outbreak of Covid-19 infections is affecting the staff of the Dr. Antonio Yapor Heded hospital in northeastern Nagua, Maria Trinidad Sánchez province. The hospital director, Dr. Emmanuel Oscar Pérez, expressed his alarm that out of 45 tests carried out on 20 July at the hospital, 42 came back positive (7 doctors, 18 nurses, 16 administrative employees and one lab technician). He said what most concerns him is that most of the medical staff had no symptoms. They were tested because they had had contact with people who had tested positive.

Dr. Perez said since the beginning of the pandemic they have had 57 health care workers test positive. He said the hospital is not authorized for Covid-19 patients, but people show up at the emergency room and are attended to and referred to other centers.

Another 55 persons were tested on the same day. Of these 48 came...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
And not to go off topic, but here we have a perfect example , If even Trained Hospital Employees, who are following SOME KIND of Protocol , although obviously not perfect as it clearly did not work.. and they got infected.
what then makes the Average person , with just a mask think they can completely prevent themselves from being exposed to this Virus ?
At some point in the future when you least expect it , you WILL be exposed to it .
Yes, masks DO work, if used exactly as intended, 100% of the time .. otherwise , all bets are off .. If this Hospital scenario does not clearly demonstrate than , then nothing will .. A poster here went absolutely ballistic when I tried to explain this simple fact a while back . I hope they read this, and learn something.

Reactions: CaribeDigital
Sep 22, 2009
And not to go off topic, but here we have a perfect example , If even Trained Hospital Employees, who are following SOME KIND of Protocol , although obviously not perfect as it clearly did not work.. and they got infected.
what then makes the Average person , with just a mask think they can completely prevent themselves from being exposed to this Virus ?
At some point in the future when you least expect it , you WILL be exposed to it .
Yes, masks DO work, if used exactly as intended, 100% of the time .. otherwise , all bets are off .. If this Hospital scenario does not clearly demonstrate than , then nothing will .. A poster here went absolutely ballistic when I tried to explain this simple fact a while back . I hope they read this, and learn something.
I don't think they are 100% ever. It is, however, all about risk reduction.

Sep 22, 2009
Noooo Nagua normally is fine
You're kidding right lol. They just killed the narc chief in a late night bust (Sanchez). The place is literally a zoo. One of the worst drug and murder spots in North Coast. But at least you can go to chori pan and see live bachata singing on the weekends. Come on man

Sep 22, 2009
Better than a Chicago ghetto maybe, but it is like living in zombie central. And the cops shakedowns are famous. No thanks I avoid the place as do most people in DR. Even those Dominicans raised there won't admit it.
Finally CB, someone with sense. In my Cabrera days, we used to ride bikes on the weekend touring up Payita , Nagua, Factor, looking for the right catch lol. It's a zoo.

Meat

Aug 3, 2020
DR
"He said what most concerns him is that most of the medical staff had no symptoms. They were tested because they had had contact with people who had tested positive."
Which basically augments my theory of unstable virus strains(it makes copies of one self}. They will mutate until everyone is exposed and staying in your house in a bubble for the rest of your life is not really a great option.
If your immune system never gets exposed to these viruses then how would mankind have ever existed up until now? Granted, if you have pre-existing conditions taking precautions is probably a good idea. However, imho you will Still be exposed by people that don't even know they have it or have had it at some point.

Reactions: nanita