In the DR, There "Outta Be A Law....."!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
mrmike said:
Ahhh, Columbia, well excuse the hell outta me. Now THERE'S a pure fountain of wisdom the world would do well to heed!!! Give us more Columbian wisdom! Columbia has no campos or campesinos at all! There are illegitemate babies born all the time and all for a lack of Columbian proverbs telling us why people scratch themselves.

miguel said:
Again, go read my original post since you have no clue of what I was trying to say. It lost meaning in translation.

Listen, how can I educate anybody about "COLUMBIA" when the person that I would be educating can not even write the country's name correct. It would be to much for me and besides, I do not know much about COLOMBIA!. LOL.

Please don't educate me, Miguel.

OK I read your original post again, and I still think you are (being) a dumb-@ss. And by Dumb-@ss I mean you need to learn more about your own country.

You said you thought there should be a law to educate young people more and keep them from getting raped by older men.

I can assure you that there are laws here expressly prohibiting older men from raping young people.

I admit, when I was new here and just looking around for the first little while I didn't think there were statutory rape laws in this country either, and when I asked around about it because I couldn't believe what I was seeing (cleaning lady tried to hook me up with her 15 year old cousin - who had a 2 year old baby) some of the locals didn't seem to think so either.

But the fact is that there are. The age of consent in the DR is 18. Now like most laws in the DR it is very selectively enforced. So sorry Miguel, making a law isn't going to solve the problem of your barrio girls getting pregnant, since there is already a law and the problem is not solved.

As for the law to "educate young people more" (I assume this is a seperate piece of legislation) good luck with that, I am all for that although I doubt the DR government's ability to effectively define the terms "educate" "young" and "more" so most likely any such law would be just as inneffective as the one protecting underage girls from the advances of their uncles.

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
If the country is so damn clucked up and its people are so in denial and nothing will ever change then why are you there???

Criss Colon said:
All the Dominicans want somebody else to be resposible,not only to solve their cultural problems,but for the "Cause" of their problems!!!!
Ironic,but as I drove to work this morning,through some very poor "Barrios,I watched all the pretty teenage girls walking their babies along the streets.All by themselves! No man present,and he never will be! These girls wanted to get pregnant! THAT is the "Cycle" in the "Barrio". Their mother did it,their sisters did it,their aunts did it,now it's their turn!!!
You don't need "A Law" to make changes in the DR,you just need for Dominicans to begin to accept responsibility for their own actions!

See how many Dominicans attack "AZB" for pointing out their failures??? Dominicans don't accept that! I have never been to a Country where the entire population is in "Denial"!!!! A Country where it is ALWAYS someone elses FAULT!
The fact that AZB is of Pakistani descent,grew up in New York,and has lived in the DR for many years is not reason to fault or criticise him,but to look to him as someone who might know a little about "Life" from more than just one perspective!

Most Dominicans children are "Bastards"!
The DR has more women working abroad as "HOs"(Per Capita) than any other country in the World!And is in fourth place behind Brazil,Thailand,and the Philipines in raw numbers!
Dominicans don't "Steal",they just "Borrow" without the owner's permission!
Don't agree? Don't want to believe it? Sorry,all true!

So "Shoot" me! Make fun of my "heritage",my family,go right ahead."Shooting the Messenger",and being in "Denial" won't change a thing here in the DR!I don't expect anything to change,because I don't expect Dominicans to change! They will NEVER be willing to first recognize,and then accept personal,or Cultural ,responsibility for their actions!

That said,I just received a call from a young Dominicana who gave birth about 2 weeks aago.She wants to "Get Together".I know why,she has no money,and lots of "Leche Y Pampers" to buy!She called me last week too.Just a week after her delivery!I told her to call me after "Cuarenta Y Un Dias"!THe traditional day when "New Mothers,wash their hair,and start screwing again!!!
"What A Country!" Right "AZB"??????????????????????? ;)

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
You elitist jerks!!!

yeah so you think the problems of the poor are insignificant or that the poor will not change because "they dont want to"....WRONG. go take a psychology or a sociology class, the problem runs way deeper than denial, which I think is a crock. all you WHITE men and the all knowing PAKASTANI probably have no idea what its like to live in poverty and so you look down upon it. "son putas, cueros, bla bla bla... people who live in barrios ghettos whatever are some of the most humble and GOOD people that live on this earth. they havent yet been poisoned by the mean green :angry:. and dont give me the crock of me not living in the DR so I dont know the really real. if you seen poverty here, you've seen it there.

I am truly shocked, amazed, apalled, disgusted, you name it, at the opinions of some of you men.

PS: AZB, with AIDS killing people left & right in the DR I would not be surprised if you already had it & didnt even know it. are you like a magical being that you can just look at a person and know that she is not infected with the AIDS virus. I must point out to you again that you truly sound like an idiot (old as you are)

and yes folks (those of you who think the poor people in DR are a pack of uncivilized idiots) EDUCATION can change a country. HOW IN THE WORLD DO U THINK OUR WHOLE WORLD HAS EVOLVED???

through education (formal & informal)

You people dont give a Sh%t about the DR :disappoin :disappoin sigh..

yari

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
"The fact that AZB is of Pakistani descent,grew up in New York,and has lived in the DR for many years is not reason to fault or criticise him,but to look to him as someone who might know a little about "Life" from more than just one perspective!"
I speak rudely about AZB because he brings to every country his learned social behavior from his birth country. If he lived in 25 different countries he will NEVER be American or Dominican. He would never get laid by a virgin in a USA university. Heck he probrably did not get laid when he was a student. IF his little beauties were from rich classy Dominican families then their fathers would chase him off faster than chit according to Dominican culture.
Personally, I hope anyone who wants to has as much sex as they want (with consenting adults). I am not the judge of the world.
I do hope the slow season in the DR picks up soon. Some people will not be so bored and have to stir up the pot with passionate subjects to fill their down time.
I feel that as I write this I am making AZB feel almighty by handing him the power to enrage me. I guess I will let the men bicker with each other and take my power back.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Man!

MrMike said:
So sorry Miguel, making a law isn't going to solve the problem of your barrio girls getting pregnant, since there is already a law and the problem is not solved.
Man, you are a lost case!. Now I think that you are reading with your axx. Again, I said nothing about barrio girls.

Hear this and hear this good:

Why is it that MOST of you foreigners would go to the DR, bed whichever barrio girl gets on your way, marry them and then make believe that the ones that you guys married where the "top notch" of the barrio girls?.

I guess that I will have to go and re-read all of AZB's rants about foreigners and the "barrio girls that he sees all over the DR (Not Santiago, of course).!!.So let me this straight; they are good for some things but they are no good for other things, ummmm that's something!.

Last time I checked, I personally do not know of many foreigners married to a Lama or a Deschamps, or a Corripio, or a Jimenez, or a Leon, or a Giraldo or a Matos for that matter.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
miguel said:
Last time I checked, I personally do not know of many foreigners married to a Lama or a Deschamps, or a Corripio, or a Jimenez, or a Leon, or a Giraldo or a Matos for that matter.
Nor do I know of any married to ex-Dominicans from Washington Heights.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
HOWMAR said:
Nor do I know of any married to ex-Dominicans from Washington Heights.
Correct because sometimes SOME foreigners marry worse(in case you are trying to say that the people from WH are bad) people than those from WH!!.

Last edited:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
miguel said:
Correct because sometimes SOME foreigners marry worse(in case you are trying to say that the people from WH are bad) people than those from WH!!.
What I am saying is those who identify themselves as Dominicans, yet have lived most of their lives in Washington Heights. have far less comprehension of Dominican culture and values, than us foreigners who have lived in the DR for many years. Having a Dominican mama and a Dominican papa and living in Washington Heights, doesn't make you an expert on Dominican societal issues.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Listen here!

HOWMAR said:
What I am saying is those who identify themselves as Dominicans, yet have lived most of their lives in Washington Heights. have far less comprehension of Dominican culture and values, than us foreigners who have lived in the DR for many years. Having a Dominican mama and a Dominican papa and living in Washington Heights, doesn't make you an expert on Dominican societal issues.
I HAVE read some of your posts and you DO NOT sound like you talk out of you axx but are you trying to say that ALL dominicans live in WH?. If that is what you are saying, you do know that just about now you are sounding very immature, right?. If that is NOT what you are saying, my apologies!.

But this dominican (lived there unti I was 11 and have visited just about 75 times and have kept in contact with family and friends over the years), from dominican parents and foreign grandparents knows what goes on over there.

Btw, I have visited WH only a few times in my life and all the times, I could not wait to leave. That tells you that this "dominican" have never lived in WS nor any of his family members. Not that there's anything wrong with that, LOL!!!.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
miguel said:
I HAVE read some of your posts and you DO NOT sound like you talk out of you axx but are you trying to say that ALL dominicans live in WH?. If that is what you are saying, you do know that just about now you are sounding very immature, right?. If that is NOT what you are saying, my apologies!.

But this dominican (lived there unti I was 11 and have visited just about 75 times and have kept in contact with family and friends over the years), from dominican parents and foreign grandparents knows what goes on over there.

Btw, I have visited WH only a few times in my life and all the times, I could not wait to leave. That tells you that this "dominican" have never lived in WS nor any of his family members. Not that there's anything wrong with that, LOL!!!.
I appologize for referring to WH as part of the issue. WH is just the whipping boy as it is the second largest population center for Dominicans in the world. My real issue is that 'Dominicans", who live with all the benefits of American society, and think they know what is best for the DR. You propose that there should be a law for this, and a law for that. In the DR you can have three different people interpet the same law five different ways. This I am very familiar with as I deal with Labor Law every day.
If you really want to help these girls of the barrio, support some of the NGOs in the country that are trying to get these kids out of their situations. Any attempts at government reform is a waste of time and money.

May 31, 2005
AZB said:
I will be a lier to say I have no contact with them, but if I do go out with a barrio girl, I make sure she is worth the trouble. Which means, if she is beautiful enough and honorable looking then I will take her away to puerto plata or far away places where I will not be seen by santiagueros. After I am done having a good time, I will not go back to her. She knows this before hand from previous experience. We enjoy the time together but in the end, I go my way and she does the same. Our worlds are apart. I will never take a barrio girl to camp david and be seen with her drinking wine. I will not walk into any santiago bar/restaurant with a barrio chopa. I don't want anyone watching me. This is the custom of DR and this is the way decent folks conduct in public places. its all about protecting your reputation. No one is an angel.
If she is beautiful and honorable looking then what is the problem with having your friends in Santiago seeing you with her?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

HOWMAR said:
I appologize for referring to WH as part of the issue. WH is just the whipping boy as it is the second largest population center for Dominicans in the world. My real issue is that 'Dominicans", who live with all the benefits of American society, and think they know what is best for the DR. You propose that there should be a law for this, and a law for that. In the DR you can have three different people interpet the same law five different ways. This I am very familiar with as I deal with Labor Law every day.
If you really want to help these girls of the barrio, support some of the NGOs in the country that are trying to get these kids out of their situations. Any attempts at government reform is a waste of time and money.
I understand, completely, what you are saying but you, just like MrMike have the impression that I was talking about BARRIO GIRLS. I WAS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I WAS NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT BARRIOS GIRLS, I WAS TALKING IN GENERAL, AS IN ANYBODY. Should I say it in Chinese in order for some of you guys to understand that AZB was the one mentioning barrio girls, NOT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!.

Thanks AZB, you *&^%$#@*& you. LOL.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
miguel said:
I understand, completely, what you are saying but you, just like MrMike have the impression that I was talking about BARRIO GIRLS. I WAS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I WAS NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT BARRIOS GIRLS, I WAS TALKING IN GENERAL, AS IN ANYBODY. Should I say it in Chinese in order for some of you guys to understand that AZB was the one mentioning barrio girls, NOT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!.

Thanks AZB, you *&^%$#@*& you. LOL.

Go back and read MY posts and you will see why I insist you ARE talking about barrio girls, the Lamas and the Corripios are not the ones having babies at 12.

You may not realise you are talking about barrio girls, but this is no surprise since you have little idea what you are talking about.

miguel said:
Why is it that MOST of you foreigners would go to the DR, bed whichever barrio girl gets on your way, marry them and then make believe that the ones that you guys married where the "top notch" of the barrio girls?.

keep throwing out the insults there miguel, easier than making sense, isn't it?

miguel said:

You wont hear about it often but it does happen, usually they have to elope to another country to avoid the wrath of the in-laws, and often the offending child is disinherited. Wealthy families generally pimp their kids out to each other to keep the families wealthy, and become dangerously unhappy when they can't get their way. This happens in the DR and most other countries as well - I don't think Paris Hilton will be marrying a Dominican.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok!

MrMike said:
Go back and read MY posts and you will see why I insist you ARE talking about barrio girls, the Lamas and the Corripios are not the ones having babies at 12.

You may not realise you are talking about barrio girls, but this is no surprise since you have little idea what you are talking about.

keep throwing out the insults there miguel, easier than making sense, isn't it?

You wont hear about it often but it does happen, usually they have to elope to another country to avoid the wrath of the in-laws, and often the offending child is disinherited. Wealthy families generally pimp their kids out to each other to keep the families wealthy, and become dangerously unhappy when they can't get their way. This happens in the DR and most other countries as well - I don't think Paris Hilton will be marrying a Dominican.
Fine. I will tell you what you want to hear, maybe that way you can just go away. Si, I was talking about every single barrio girl in the DR.

Sorry my master, me been wrong, you not!. Happy now?. Cool. Peace my dominican "know it all" master.

Btw, we all know that Paris Hilton does not descriminate. To her, any "johnson" will do just fine!.

I hope that some of you dominincan know-it-all know what "OUTTA" (as in ought or should) means.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
You know what!!

Yari said:
yeah so you think the problems of the poor are insignificant or that the poor will not change because "they dont want to"....WRONG. go take a psychology or a sociology class, the problem runs way deeper than denial, which I think is a crock. all you WHITE men and the all knowing PAKASTANI probably have no idea what its like to live in poverty and so you look down upon it. "son putas, cueros, bla bla bla... people who live in barrios ghettos whatever are some of the most humble and GOOD people that live on this earth. they havent yet been poisoned by the mean green :angry:. and dont give me the crock of me not living in the DR so I dont know the really real. if you seen poverty here, you've seen it there.

I am truly shocked, amazed, apalled, disgusted, you name it, at the opinions of some of you men.

PS: AZB, with AIDS killing people left & right in the DR I would not be surprised if you already had it & didnt even know it. are you like a magical being that you can just look at a person and know that she is not infected with the AIDS virus. I must point out to you again that you truly sound like an idiot (old as you are)

and yes folks (those of you who think the poor people in DR are a pack of uncivilized idiots) EDUCATION can change a country. HOW IN THE WORLD DO U THINK OUR WHOLE WORLD HAS EVOLVED???

yari
You have to understand Yari, that SOME (NOTE TO MrMike: I said SOME, not all) of these expats are the same ones that are bedding barrios girls left and right. They tried to make believe that their barrio girl is the best thing that God created. And their familes, oh no, their families, even if they have lived in barrios all their lives, no, they are ALSO very nice and decent. All the others are bad but theirs if very good and decent and even if she has 50 kids, it's not her fault because she was too poor to understand that some tigues were taking advatage of her.

I know a few expats that are married to barrio girls that happen to have kids from other men. Does that make the barrio girls bad, to SOME here it does UNLESS they are the ones with them. Actually, I know of very FEW expats who married someone that DID NOT brought kid(s) to the relationship.

Btw, Yari, listen to this with caution:

To "hear: AZB on these forums is to hate the man but:

To spend time with the guy is to love the guy. Remember that this is a forum and MOST things are not said in a personal way.

That said, try to respect his, or anybody's opinions as for what they are" OPINIONS. It's your right to debate whatever you want. It's ok to "attack, shout, yell" at someone as long as it does not take a "out of this worl turn".

I, for one, disagree with alot of the things that AZB says here BUT since I have spent time with the man and I know what kind of heart he has, I can tell you that he is a very good-hearted man. Everybody is different and since we are, we will always have a difference in opinions. Why do you think that even dog do not want to be humans?. Because they go around sniffing each other's butt and they don't get mad at all, actually, they like it!. LOL.

That said, thanks for the debate and let's keep the "BOLAS ROLLING".

Btw, there "outta" be a law against AZBism. HAHAHAHA!.

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
hey miguel,
AZB may be a nice guy as you say "in person" but I think that our differences of opinion will never lead me to have a beer with this sexist man. He hasn't the slightest respect for women and although he might not show it in person, he sure screams it from the rooftops on this forum. & dont worry, I dont take any of this stuff personally and I do respect others' opinions, so long as they are respectable.

THIS GUY DEGRADES WOMEN TO THE FULLEST MAN. NOT COOL, NOT CUTE & NOT FUNNY. (soy mujer y puedes entender eso)

I also wanted to point put that all of my replies to him were pretty tame (I can get real nasty trust me but I dont want to look like an idiot.) but if u sound like a sexist pig or and idiot I will tell u and I will not lose sleep over it :).

I also thank you for the debate & yes there OUTTA be a law against AZBism... ;)

Yari

miguel said:
Btw, Yari, listen to this with caution:

To "hear: AZB on these forums is to hate the man but:

To spend time with the guy is to love the guy. Remember that this is a forum and MOST things are not said in a personal way.

That said, try to respect his, or anybody's opinions as for what they are" OPINIONS. It's your right to debate whatever you want. It's ok to "attack, shout, yell" at someone as long as it does not take a "out of this worl turn".

I, for one, disagree with alot of the things that AZB says here BUT since I have spent time with the man and I know what kind of heart he has, I can tell you that he is a very good-hearted man. Everybody is different and since we are, we will always have a difference in opinions. Why do you think that even dog do not want to be humans?. Because they go around sniffing each other's butt and they don't get mad at all, actually, they like it!. LOL.

That said, thanks for the debate and let's keep the "BOLAS ROLLING".

Btw, there "outta" be a law against AZBism. HAHAHAHA!.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Yari said:
all you WHITE men and the all knowing PAKASTANI probably have no idea what its like to live in poverty and so you look down upon it. "son putas, cueros, bla bla bla... people who live in barrios ghettos whatever are some of the most humble and GOOD people that live on this earth.
yari
People do not choose to be conceived and they don't pick where they will be born.

All of our ancestors particular eggs hooking up with all of those particular sperm resulting in our illustrious existence is truely miraculous.
One should not look down upon those whose miracle happened to occur in a less fortunate environment.

Malibook said:
I'm sure all of these compassionate and sensitive humanitarians would have risen out of the barrios to become the pompous elitist asses that they are today.

There are good and bad people everywhere and people are very much shaped by their environment.
Although many seem to assume that they would have been unique revolutionaries, the reality is more likely that most would have just fit right in.

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
you're right on the money sister :)

Malibook said:
People do not choose to be conceived and they don't pick where they will be born.

All of our ancestors particular eggs hooking up with all of those particular sperm resulting in our illustrious existence is truely miraculous.
One should not look down upon those whose miracle happened to occur in a less fortunate environment.

There are good and bad people everywhere and people are very much shaped by their environment.
Although many seem to assume that they would have been unique revolutionaries, the reality is more likely that most would have just fit right in.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Yari said:
hey miguel,
AZB may be a nice guy as you say "in person" but I think that our differences of opinion will never lead me to have a beer with this sexist man. He hasn't the slightest respect for women and although he might not show it in person, he sure screams it from the rooftops on this forum. & dont worry, I dont take any of this stuff personally and I do respect others' opinions, so long as they are respectable.

THIS GUY DEGRADES WOMEN TO THE FULLEST MAN. NOT COOL, NOT CUTE & NOT FUNNY. (soy mujer y puedes entender eso)

I also wanted to point put that all of my replies to him were pretty tame (I can get real nasty trust me but I dont want to look like an idiot.) but if u sound like a sexist pig or and idiot I will tell u and I will not lose sleep over it :).

I also thank you for the debate & yes there OUTTA be a law against AZBism... ;)

Yari

Amazing how you can be a total racist and decry sexism in the same thread.
I don't hear anybody begging to have a drink with you. If you think I have no idea what it's like to live in poverty you have no idea of the things I've been through. I am willing to bet that I am better qualified to talk about poverty than anyone posting in this thread. And as a result of my experiences I have no pity for poor people, I know there's a way out, all it requires is for the poor to WAKE THE F UP and quit whining. (well actually the whining is optional, more of a personal preference)

Both you and Miguel are making broader and more offensive generalities than anyone in this thread and both of you are trying to claim moral high ground and calling me and AZB sexists at the same time.

That's it, I'm going to try to not have any more serious discussions on this board, I'll stick to to topics as inconsecuential the weather and the price of beer from as long as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.