In The Heights

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Has anyone else seen this show? It's about Dominicans, Cubans etc living in Washington Heights in NYC. We saw it in December whilst we were in NY for a few days and it is stunning, great music and so funny. Anyone who has spent alot of time here or are from here should see it! There were a lot of Dominicans in the audience and they seemed to love it too!
Maybe we should have a review forum for books, movies and shows with a Dominican theme?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Has anyone else seen this show? It's about Dominicans, Cubans etc living in Washington Heights in NYC. We saw it in December whilst we were in NY for a few days and it is stunning, great music and so funny. Anyone who has spent alot of time here or are from here should see it! There were a lot of Dominicans in the audience and they seemed to love it too!
Maybe we should have a review forum for books, movies and shows with a Dominican theme?

It won the Tony Award for best musical of the year last year...... Hope they get a road show together and bring it here to SD!!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
By far one of the best musicals I have seen and one I would be happy to go and see again. Great cast and fantastic music.

PaulAntilles

Jun 1, 2009
ladrino.blogspot.com
It's a good show, I do recommend checking it out. There is also a touching PBS documentary about it. Unfortunately I can't call it great ... despite seeing it twice and owning the soundtrack there re only 2 or 3 songs that stuck with me. The very best musicals stay in your head from curtain up to curtain down. Still congrats to the cast and creators for a wonderful and positive production about a place it is easy to be negative about.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Good Show

I saw the year it came out. Very nice show, it hits home with the experience of Dominican immigrants in the States, particularly showing a not often seen side of Washington Heights.