India and DR Sign Agreement

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
India and DR sign agreement

The governments of the Dominican Republic and India have signed a cultural and artistic cooperation agreement with the aim of reaching a better understanding of each other's culture.

The agreement was signed by the Minister of Foreign Relations, Carlos Morales Troncoso and the Secretary of State for the West of the Ministry of Foreign Relations from India, Madhusudan Ganapathi, with support from Minister of Culture Jose Antonio Rodriguez.

The agreement will facilitate the circulation, promotion and translation of Dominican literature in India and vice-versa, as well as cultural exchanges of dancers and musicians, art exhibitions, cinema and theater.

During the ceremony, Morales Troncoso thanked the government of India for increasing cooperation with the Dominican Republic and strengthening the friendship between the two countries. Ganapathi said that this event was one of the results of an official visit to India by former President Leonel Fernandez in February 2011.

Dominican Republic News & Travel Information Service

For all of you criticones that have nothing else better to do than just criticize a president for traveling too much, relations are not built just by sitting down on a chair while twirling your hair.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is mainly the handiwork of one of the very best Dominican ambassadors, a tireless worker: Hans Dannenberg.

This fellow is ambassador to perhaps four countries in Southeast Asia and he really works at pushing DR trade...one of the good guys.

HB

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
India and DR sign agreement

The governments of the Dominican Republic and India have signed a cultural and artistic cooperation agreement with the aim of reaching a better understanding of each other's culture.

The agreement was signed by the Minister of Foreign Relations, Carlos Morales Troncoso and the Secretary of State for the West of the Ministry of Foreign Relations from India, Madhusudan Ganapathi, with support from Minister of Culture Jose Antonio Rodriguez.

The agreement will facilitate the circulation, promotion and translation of Dominican literature in India and vice-versa, as well as cultural exchanges of dancers and musicians, art exhibitions, cinema and theater.

During the ceremony, Morales Troncoso thanked the government of India for increasing cooperation with the Dominican Republic and strengthening the friendship between the two countries. Ganapathi said that this event was one of the results of an official visit to India by former President Leonel Fernandez in February 2011.

Dominican Republic News & Travel Information Service

For all of you criticones that have nothing else better to do than just criticize a president for traveling too much, relations are not built just by sitting down on a chair while twirling your hair.

i agree with the last sentence. i mean, how else would be forging wondrous trade relationships with Khazakstan?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
we already have substantial trade with India. the Apache motorcycle readily comes to mind. what i need to know is what Dominican products are being sold in India. over to you, Mr DR.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
we already have substantial trade with India. the Apache motorcycle readily comes to mind. what i need to know is what Dominican products are being sold in India. over to you, Mr DR.

Probably none at the moment, but hopefully that will change with this new relation and some of our products are able to penetrate their market. Even if it is just Larimar or Amber to go along with that pretty 24k gold most of them love so much.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
yes. larimar and ambar will probably cancel out maybe 10% of our importation of Madras Curry. it is not as if we have a lot of things to offer them, which they do not produce, themselves. we can sell bananas and sugar cane to the EEC countries, along with some rum. what can we sell to India that they do not produce themselves?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Probably none at the moment, but hopefully that will change with this new relation and some of our products are able to penetrate their market. Even if it is just Larimar or Amber to go along with that pretty 24k gold most of them love so much.[/QUOTE

i guess i have been laboring under a misconception by believing that we only produce gold ore here. i did not know we produced gold for sale. i thought the refining was done by the foreign countries which own the mining rights. i stand corrected.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
This is mainly the handiwork of one of the very best Dominican ambassadors, a tireless worker: Hans Dannenberg.

This fellow is ambassador to perhaps four countries in Southeast Asia and he really works at pushing DR trade...one of the good guys.

HB
I don't know how he can handle all that work.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
how does that become " so much work"? it is mainly conversation. he does not need a pickaxe and shovel to get through his missions.

It's still work. You have to travel, be away from family, living in hotels, stress, meetings and dealings with people you can't stand, etc.

And sure, there's the dinners, the partys, and all the fun stuff. But you can't say it's not work.

Dec 26, 2011
The agreement will facilitate the circulation, promotion and translation of Dominican literature in India

This is good news, as most Dominicans show very little interest in reading.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
As long as the Indians keep their food. And their women with the snotty attitudes. And their class crap. Would be nice if they sent some math and science teachers tho.

Dec 26, 2011
Spanish owes some of its terminology to Sanskrit and Gujarati.

Jenjibre, naranja and ?ndigo are from Sanskrit.

Culo is from Gujarati.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just have them start sending over a steady supply of food to the island that spice forgot.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
JohnnyBoy suggests that they should keep their food. i guess his culinary tastes are pretty restricted.

I would also disagree with his other points. I lived in Fremont, CA for 10 years. Some people called in "New" New Delhi. I always found the people to be pleasant, the food great and had no opinion on the class system because it was not present.

Ah, but I see it is probably the aroma given off after eating the food that others don't like from JohnnyBoy. Yes that is part of the price of spice.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I would also disagree with his other points. I lived in Fremont, CA for 10 years. Some people called in "New" New Delhi. I always found the people to be pleasant, the food great and had no opinion on the class system because it was not present.

Ah, but I see it is probably the aroma given off after eating the food that others don't like from JohnnyBoy. Yes that is part of the price of spice.

the worst offender is curry, but i guess one has to sacrifice if they want something special. tandoori is worth the olfactory inconvenience.