Indiana mother falls ill, dies on American Airlines flight from DR

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Any new details on what happened?

Charles Bludhorn also died in flight from the DR to the USA, but that was because he had a heart attack in the clouds. That happens without much warning at anytime, similar to a stroke. You realize it’s happening once it’s already happening, not before.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008

Charles Bludhorn also died in flight from the DR to the USA, but that was because he had a heart attack in the clouds. That happens without much warning at anytime, similar to a stroke. You realize it’s happening once it’s already happening, not before.
Very true. You can’t plan where and when to have your stroke or heart attack. You can’t know when it will happen. I had a heart attack soon to be two years ago. I don’t like to think what would have happened if I had been on a plane. Especially not a long haul flight. Friday a top Danish politician had a massive stroke in a meeting and was immediately hospitalized but died yesterday. A little DR related as he some years ago was married to a Dominican man and it was in the press how he had made up a story that he was related to Danilo Medina.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

I just checked but no update that I could find. 30 sources with the exact same feed.

Reactions: SKY and cavok

ando1991

Dec 5, 2016
Many blame the Dominican Republic for her death. It goes from bad alcohol to bad food caused her demise... more damaging reasons to not visit the Dominican Republic. Many people die on flights but a flight from the Dominican Republic makes the news.... Hmmmmm.....

Reactions: NanSanPedro

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Many blame the Dominican Republic for her death. It goes from bad alcohol to bad food caused her demise... more damaging reasons to not visit the Dominican Republic. Many people die on flights but a flight from the Dominican Republic makes the news.... Hmmmmm.....
I have not heard or read that many blame the Dominican Republic, maybe I missed something.

Reactions: cavok

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Looks like nothing to see here.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/brother-...dominican-republic-reveals-cause-death-report

The autopsy results for an Indiana mother of two who died in February on a flight home from her vacation in the Dominican Republic have reportedly been released.

A forensic pathologist told Stefanie Smith's family that the 41-year-old woman died of natural causes; specifically, a carotid artery dissection in her neck, her brother Chris Volz said in an interview with ABC News.

"It was truly a tragic medical event that happened," he told the outlet, adding that the autopsy did not suggest foul play.

Smith was on an American Airlines flight from Punta Cana headed to a connection in Charlotte, North Carolina, when she suddenly began convulsing soon after takeoff, forcing the plane to divert to Turks and Caicos, as her friend, Maria Yannotti, previously told Fox News Digital.