Info about Los Restauradores

Mahi

Sep 16, 2005
hi !

I will arrive in Sto Domingo in november. My husband is there for a week and is visiting some homes.
Could you tell me about Los Restauradores ? Is it a good place to live ( my husband will work in Herrera). I've already read the post "best place to live in Sto Domingo" but didn't find this place ;)

Thanks

Mahi

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I've visited people there, it is not a bad place to live. Very residential but near commercial areas too. Lots of large villas with high walls as well as some modern apartment complexes. Several schools in the neighbourhood and nearby. Very convenient for Herrera and not too far from key central locations. What in particular are you interested in? Schools, shops, leisure amenities...?

Mahi

Sep 16, 2005
Thanks ;)

Chirimoya, I'm interested in everything you can tell me about this area.. :p
My husband already visited a house there. This afternoon he will visit some houses in Horroyo hondo (but
The house in Los restauradores is really nice (I saw the pics.. wow..), just wanted to know if it was convenient (for supermarkets, sports, cinema..). I hope it's not too residential anyway !

Concerning schools, I have twins and they are 2 y.o, so I'm not really concerned about schools. Perhaps I could find a kind of kindergarten for them, but I'll see when I arrive.

I'll wait for the history lesson, but I'm also interested in ;)

Mahi

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's Arroyo Hondo.:)

Los Restauradores is, as far as I could tell, mainly if not totally residential but it is surrounded by more commercial areas. Although not within walking distance, there are supermarkets and cinemas within a few minutes drive.

Sports - there are gyms dotted around the city, and you are a relatively short drive (10-15 mins depending on traffic on Avenida Luperon) from the main city park, Mirador Sur, and the Botanic gardens.

Los Restauradores is much closer to Herrera than Arroyo Hondo. Arroyo Hondo is more varied in that you have the commercial and leisure amenities within the neighbourhood, but it is a larger and more sprawling neighbourhood than Los Restauradores.

There are pre-schools in both neighbourhoods.

montas1201

Feb 17, 2005
Restauradores

My mother has an apartment in Los Restauradores. Please send me an email and I will give you the details. nmontas777@aol.com

Mahi said:
hi !

I will arrive in Sto Domingo in november. My husband is there for a week and is visiting some homes.
Could you tell me about Los Restauradores ? Is it a good place to live ( my husband will work in Herrera). I've already read the post "best place to live in Sto Domingo" but didn't find this place ;)

Thanks

Mahi

Eddyx

Sep 9, 2005
Hello!

Also, you can try to find something in Los Cacicasgos, it is close of Herrera and has the Mirador Sur Park in the south limit. It's best than Arroyo Hondo and has a lot of acces ways.

Regards.