Inkling of what is coming? Sunday shutdown in Nagua

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Palacio-Municipal-de-Nagua-Prensa-Libre-Nagua.jpg

Nagua’s municipal authorities announced urgent restrictive measures to try to stop the coronavirus. City Council issued Ordinance No. 21-20 to strengthen prevention and control measures given the spike in Covid-19 cases in the city.

The authorities have ordered businesses to close from 2pm to 5am Monday through Saturday and 24 hours a day on Sundays. Nighttime delivery service is prohibited. People are no longer allowed to visit beaches, rivers, public swimming pools, parks or public squares.

The city government says “colmadones” that sell alcoholic drinks at night could be fined RD$25,000, and the businesses temporarily or permanently shut down for violation. The money collected would be sent to public hospitals.

The authorities remind all that social distancing and the use of masks is mandatory.

Read more...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 7, 2007
This is absolutely illegal. The Law of Municipalities 176-07 clearly states what attributes the municipality can take (Art.19) and they don't have any attributes (competency) to impose restrictions they did. I hope the municipality is brought before the court (TSA) in San Francisco judicial district.

Sep 22, 2009
This is absolutely illegal. The Law of Municipalities 176-07 clearly states what attributes the municipality can take (Art.19) and they don't have any attributes (competency) to impose restrictions they did. I hope the municipality is brought before the court (TSA) in San Francisco judicial district.
Who locked it down.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The title of the thread Dolores posted says it all. The 16th is still a week away. Let's see what happens next week.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Don't the measures come into effect today (Monday) not next Sunday.

Hi CG,

Dolores can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she's referring to what will happen with the country in general after the elections.

The curfew that has been in effect for 3 weeks is just being extended another 25 days to be revised after the inauguration.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The original post is "hinting" at what I have thought might happen countrywide after the PRM takes over this coming weekend.

We will see.

Sep 22, 2009
The bridge didn't last long - right

What did Cabrera do ?
did I miss something ?
Well, they sent you to NY. To my knowledge, Cavoli had checkpoints set up regulating traffic in and out when this stuff began. Nothing like locking down a city, but example of municipalities taking measures.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There weren't really any checks... more helmet enforcing, not cars

I saw that in Sabaneta though..... checkpoints - where are going , where do you live
wear your mask in the car.....

Feb 7, 2007
Interesting point you raised here. Remember the 27th Feb bridge fiasco way back at the beginning. They were shamed and scolded for that. I'm certain on the municipal level they can take measures, in Cabrera they did and Marcoris

In San Francisco de Macoris it was mandated by national government, not local síndico. That's a huge difference.

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu