Immigration Application to Extend Tourist Card for 90 Days

robert8225

Mar 27, 2021
sosua
Any help from those familiar with extension to stay for tourist card beyond 30 days! I am looking to go for 90 days.
The usual information say that you just need 3 things: your photo passport and entry date stamp pages+ return ticket! But when I try to fill up the request form 2 additional information are needed: proof of solvency+ medical certificate
May I just leave it and wait at the airport and pay my fine of 2500 pesos at exit day? I am still within my 30 days! Thanks for any help

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Any help from those familiar with extension to stay for tourist card beyond 30 days! I am looking to go for 90 days.
The usual information say that you just need 3 things: your photo passport and entry date stamp pages+ return ticket! But when I try to fill up the request form 2 additional information are needed: proof of solvency+ medical certificate
May I just leave it and wait at the airport and pay my fine of 2500 pesos at exit day? I am still within my 30 days! Thanks for any help
Yes, you may.

Reactions: KyleMackey

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Thank you for the response! And this doesn,t have any negative impacts for future travel to this country?
Up to now, no. I know many people who have come, overstayed, paid the fine and returned many times. Of course there are those who say this may change in the future, but if I were you I wouldn't worry about it now.

Reactions: Conchman

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Do it online here easy ..you must have return ticket info it automatically gives you extension full 120 days once approved takes two days they email you document showing dates..you can pay extension fees at airport or online just pay at airport..

Reactions: CristoRey

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Up to now, no. I know many people who have come, overstayed, paid the fine and returned many times. Of course there are those who say this may change in the future, but if I were you I wouldn't worry about it now.
Times are changing why not be legal for sake of 5 minutes to fill out form..keeps you legal and won’t hold against you in future travels..

Reactions: CristoRey

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
I phoned the Dominican Embassy on this very subject, because like you, I have heard all the stories too. The Embassy's answer was definitely "NO".
If you want to keep everything legal eagle, they told me to visit the Immigration Department and do the extension properly. I asked them if they would refuse me entry if I just paid at the airport upon exit. Their response was that they certainly have just cause. Loaded with this wealth of information I just ignored it and paid the $2500.00 upon exit. Apparently you can now extended online although I have yet to try it. See below Spanish and English

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
Do it online here easy ..you must have return ticket info it automatically gives you extension full 120 days once approved takes two days they email you document showing dates..you can pay extension fees at airport or online just pay at airport..
Sorry lifeisgreat, didn't mean to step on your toes...didn't see the link you had previously posted for Immigration Extensions. My bad

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Proving solvency is something that could be combersome, especially just for an additional 60 day stay. Too much BS for someone on holiday.
If they start not allowing over-starters reentry half the Canadians will be turned away.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
The OP said when he went to fill out the form, it requested proof of solvency and a medical(?).
Any doctor will write you up a quick medical letter for ~$1,500 pesos, and a copy of your most recent bank statement showing you have money should satisfy the solvency requirements.

I obtained it in August with no issue.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
The OP said when he went to fill out the form, it requested proof of solvency and a medical(?).
He is on wrong form..he tried extending tourist visa wrong one ..tourist card extension has no such questions I’ve done it myself and posted on here..

Reactions: cavok

robert8225

Mar 27, 2021
sosua
I am not sure what form "Life is great "used but when I access his link it still has the 2 additional requirements of medical certificate and proof of solvency!
It is not that both requirements can,t be met, it is just too cumbersome and contrary to original information which only required :your photo passport and entry date stamp pages+ return ticket!
I wanted to be on safe side!
Thanks to everyone!
The forum is very useful and explores all options available

Reactions: cavok

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I am not sure what form "Life is great "used but when I access his link it still has the 2 additional requirements of medical certificate and proof of solvency!
It is not that both requirements can,t be met, it is just too cumbersome and contrary to original information which only required :your photo passport and entry date stamp pages+ return ticket!
I wanted to be on safe side!
Thanks to everyone!
The forum is very useful and explores all options available
don't know what to say I haven't been asked for that and it doesn't ask for that on website.. your right its to cumbersome if things changed one step forward two steps back...

REQUIREMENTS OR REQUIREMENTS​

• Copy of the passport page where the biometric data are.
  • Stamp the date of the last entry.
  • Return air ticket.

PROCEDURES TO FOLLOW​

1- The user makes the request for the extension through the web portal and uploads the required documents.
2- The responsible personnel receive the request online and refine the documents provided by the user.
3- The request for an extension of stay is approved by the corresponding personnel.
4- An email is sent to the user informing about the status of their request.
5- The user makes the payment for the stay online or at the airport.

01_horario.svg

Service schedule​

LV | 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
03_costo.svg

cost​

The service request is free . The user will only pay the current rate according to the requested extension days.
30 to 90 days - $ 2,500
90 to 120 days - $ 4,000.

02_tiempo.svg

Completion time​

3 business days.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Robert must have been on the VISA application
Must have been on the Visa application as you said, because when you have Stamped Visa can stay up to 90 days, Also depends on the agreement by countries in the case that you come without visa only passport, Tourist coming from Brazil, Perú or Argentina do not need tourist card and they can stay up to 60 days. some countries like Mexico let you stay for up to 180 days they always write you how many days you can stay, and here in Dominican Republic the Maximum stay is 90 days with stamped visa.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
don't know what to say I haven't been asked for that and it doesn't ask for that on website.. your right its to cumbersome if things changed one step forward two steps back...

REQUIREMENTS OR REQUIREMENTS​

• Copy of the passport page where the biometric data are.
  • Stamp the date of the last entry.
  • Return air ticket.

PROCEDURES TO FOLLOW​

1- The user makes the request for the extension through the web portal and uploads the required documents.
2- The responsible personnel receive the request online and refine the documents provided by the user.
3- The request for an extension of stay is approved by the corresponding personnel.
4- An email is sent to the user informing about the status of their request.
5- The user makes the payment for the stay online or at the airport.

01_horario.svg

Service schedule​

LV | 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
03_costo.svg

cost​

The service request is free . The user will only pay the current rate according to the requested extension days.
30 to 90 days - $ 2,500
90 to 120 days - $ 4,000.

02_tiempo.svg

Completion time​

3 business days.
When you're actually on the link uploading your documents, in my experience, it does ask for the solvency and medical requirements. And it did not let me submit it without uploading those documents. So while the Ministry guidance doesn't list those requirements, they haven't updated their web portal to reflect that they are not necessary.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
When you're actually on the link uploading your documents, in my experience, it does ask for the solvency and medical requirements. And it did not let me submit it without uploading those documents. So while the Ministry guidance doesn't list those requirements, they haven't updated their web portal to reflect that they are not necessary.
You wrote at end of your statement that (they are not necessary ) did you actually have to submit those extra two requirements? Last yr I didn’t submit any solvency or medical and didn’t have to for either myself and family.. a little confused sorry because you said it didn’t let you submit without uploading them..