Insane Headlight(s)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
This guy has no idea of what epilepsy is. At least he has a light.
I am amazed how fast the DR got rid of the super bright light bars.
As a defensive mode and maybe a little of mine is bigger than yours I invested in two light bars that made the oncoming not lowering their lights type of drivers eyes bleed.
I aimed one bar normal and the other much higher for effect.
Only a very very few, probably drunk, did not lower their lights.
Then I had to take them off per the cops.
Turning night into day was fun while it lasted.
I replaced the cars normal light bulbs with hi powered ones but they cannot compare to the light bars.
On dark lonely mountain roads they were great. I could go pretty fast and not out drive my lights.

the problem with blinding them in return is that they might lose control and plough into you, head on. these are not good drivers to start with.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I've been right behind these motos with the flashing bright lights on a dark street and it doesn't improve the visibility for the moto drivers either. Everything has a strobe effect from their point of view. Really idiotic.

that's exactly what i mean. he'd see better with regular light.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Another day, another view... this one showing the effect from the front.

Note: The cameras reduces some of the effects of the bright light.

[video=youtube_share;BcSwmYRReqw]https://youtu.be/BcSwmYRReqw[/video]

Like many motos here, it probably doesn't even have a working rear light. I have lost count of the number of near misses I have had, suddenly coming up behind an unlit moto on an unlit road.

You were right drstock, I also checked the 3rd camera as he was going down the hill, NO REAR LIGHTS.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
You can always where, sunglasses at night, if the glare is tooooo much. I'd rather see his headlight than have him driving with no lights at all. Now that's a public danger and nuisance.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
You were right drstock, I also checked the 3rd camera as he was going down the hill, NO REAR LIGHTS.

Well that says it all. Somebody should teach drivers here that proper lights are fitted to new vehicles for a purpose. Lights are not just for decoration!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You can always where, sunglasses at night, if the glare is tooooo much. I'd rather see his headlight than have him driving with no lights at all. Now that's a public danger and nuisance.

You can't be serious. Sunglasses at night? I'd have definitely already killed several idiots on motos if I did that!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
the problem with blinding them in return is that they might lose control and plough into you, head on. these are not good drivers to start with.

Hmmmmmm, never thought about it in that way. I assumed the normal response would be to turn away from the painful bright light. Very few drivers do not dim their lights in response. So far I have not seen any vehicles who have put their light bars back on so I am waiting.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Not sure what a "light bar" is, but I still see quite a few guaguas and trucks with grills that are filled with with dozens of blindingly bright LED's.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Not sure what a "light bar" is, but I still see quite a few guaguas and trucks with grills that are filled with with dozens of blindingly bright LED's.

A light bar is when the take the dozens of blindingly bright led lights and encase then in a plastic housing for installation.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I only got the bright light thing because I felt like a helpless victim of the insanely bright undimmed headlights of irresponsible drivers.
Then it got to be a bit of a game. Who is brighter.
Using them turned out to be safer as my ultra brights ended up with both of us dimming our lights for the other driver.
Plus they made driving at night much safer as night turned into day.
No worry about people, animals or stalled vehicles in the road.
Before I installed the lights I had stopped driving at night due to a near deadly encounter with a gigantic horse sleeping in the middle of the road.
Now I am back to not driving at night here. Probably for the best.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That's the thing. Regular high beams are annoying, but not blinding. If you have lights that are as bright or brighter than the idiots, they will almost always dim theirs. At least you'll be able to see any idiots on motos w/o tail lights and be able to see where the side of the road is.

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
Flickering is caused by them not having the right resistors when changing over to led from standard lamp

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Flickering is caused by them not having the right resistors when changing over to led from standard lamp

I think that they flicker on bikes because of the voltage produced by the bike's magneto. These LEDs fire at a certain voltage threshold hence the strobing effect. The faster the engine revs, the faster they flash. Not good for epilepsy sufferers.