Insulting call went through to the President yesterday.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It is well known that dominicans take full advantage of section 8 housing , food stamps...etc, but I can tell you my wifes brother has worked in the states for 25 years as a carpenter and cabinet maker, and now as a general contractor and never collected anything except EI now under covid, but he has been back to work for about 6 weeks now. Her cousin is an oil engineer in Texas and hasn't been unemployed since he finished university in 1980. Not all Dominicans are the same, neither of them vote Democrat either.
Thats inspirational.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
If you mean "aid" as in prostitution and
drugs... lots. If you mean "aid" as in well-educated
hardworking talent being sent north to help
contribute to the overall well-being of the US
economy...dream on.
I don’t have numbers at hand but sadly enough I have to admit that most of Dominicans in Northern Europe are not known for respected labour. There are exceptions af course and the latest generations must be doing better. Nevertheless my wife has had multiple disappointments in getting new DR friends here, most are Dutch, Belgians and French now.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Who is sending "well-educated" Dominicans North?
First very few in DR are being well-educated, through fault of an extremely lax school system.
Maybe there is a white undercover network yanking Dominican University students from their homes and flying them North on black helicopters to be the Democrats' new slaves?

Cristo - this is one of the more elaborate fantasies ever spun
I know a economist that taught at UASD, educated in both the Dominican Republic and Spain. Went to NYC many years ago. Worked in a pizza place until he got his licence, then drove taxi until he could afford to buy his own....etc. Now owns several reasonably nice apartments in Manhattan, about twenty taxis that he leases out, plus a big old very nicely restored house in a nice part of the bronx. Owns a few places in the DR as well. Non-drinker fitness freak and allround supernice guy. Was one of my wife's professors, so was Leonel.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I know a economist that taught at UASD, educated in both the Dominican Republic and Spain. Went to NYC many years ago. Worked in a pizza place until he got his licence, then drove taxi until he could afford to buy his own....etc. Now owns several reasonably nice apartments in Manhattan, about twenty taxis that he leases out, plus a big old very nicely restored house in a nice part of the bronx. Owns a few places in the DR as well. Non-drinker fitness freak and allround supernice guy. Was one of my wife's professors, so was Leonel.
Good on him, a hard worker. I admire him for building his wealth by earning it.
It would behoove the Dominicans that can ( I know they a small percentage) to send their children abroad for some of their education, if for no other reason than exposure to different cultures and teaching techniques.
But the man of who you speak, was not forced by anyone to go and work as a slave to the US I think we can all agree.
He went there and saw opportunity.
Opportunity that is now evaporating as the anarchists seem to be succeeding and the Western world could easily slip into fairly long term depression.

Reactions: Garyexpat

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
Corruption is corruption is corruption. I'm sure all governments have corruption of varying degrees but have corruption none the less. It's quite rich for the US to scold the DR about human trafficking when the US Mexico boarder is the quintessential example of a human trafficking gateway and it is also one of the biggest drug ports of the world. If they really want to be serious, they would investigate Epstein's high power associates and the supposed conspiracy theory pizzagate but all they want to do is gesticulate on the world stage; perhaps to look big and bad or important. I love it when USA talking heads rattle about or pontificate about morals in their birth day suit; a class act. I'm sure there isn't any pedophile children trafficking members of the US elite class and deep state cabal or at least that's what they want us to believe. Lets just ask Epstein, oh wait, he was "suicided". I wonder why? I think the US should concentrate their efforts on solving the myriad of problems within their boarders before attempting to school any nation on the merits of solving a problem they still have festering.
Those who yell corruption are not able to give even one example of a victim from Pompeo's country. I do not mean ordinary crime, of course, but crime involving government officials. Unless they mean a traffic cop asking for a RD$ 200 bribe. Technically this would be a corruption case and probably this is how they inflate the statictics.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sadly these are the minority not
the majority.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
A phone call went through to the Palacio yesterday and a guy made it to speak to President Medina. He was a foreigner and offended all Domincans by giving a reprimand to the Head of State.

As reported by Listin Diario, the chap, his name was Pompeo or something, had the guts to make comments and suggestions on internal Dominican issues, such as changes to the Constitution of the Republic and the elections 2020. Who does he think he is?

The Dominican Repubic does not need foreign interference to solve its problems, and much less from countries which are hopelessly struggling themselves. And not only struggling by their mismanagement of COVID 19. The Dominican Republic, for example, repects the human dignity much better then they. How many homeless do you see in Santo Domingo an how many in LA (make an adjustment by reflecting the nation's GDP)? Here the cops do not kill the blacks in a debasing way and do not kneel thereafter. In the DR the press has a minimal respect for the dignity of their readers. They do not fill the front pages with stories of prostitutes suing their client, the President.

Call back - don't let them the get away

Call back that Pompeo at +1 212-415-4000 say that you are a foreigner, and reprimand the United States for what's going on there. And suggest him a beautiful solution: a wall. Yes, they should build that wall, but not just on the southern border, but shielding themselves on all frontiers, including electronic ones. Inside, they could reprimand themselves as much as they want and leave the world in peace.
Nice Troll

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
Those who yell corruption are not able to give even one example of a victim from Pompeo's country. I do not mean ordinary crime, of course, but crime involving government officials. Unless they mean a traffic cop asking for a RD$ 200 bribe. Technically this would be a corruption case and probably this is how they inflate the statictics.
Brother,are you off you Meds,call your doctor,unless Magoo,has the time to straighten you out?

Reactions: Garyexpat