Interesting Article on Obtaining a Second Passport (DR Passport 25K) 6 Mo.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I would estimate the list to be about 60 or close to it. But still some nice choices to visit for Dominicans who want to travel and can afford it.

Problem is, in many cases they will need to transit through USA, Europe or countries that are not Dominican friendly.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Problem is, in many cases they will need to transit through USA, Europe or countries that are not Dominican friendly.

The only Country where you cannot transfer without a Visa is the US. Any other country allows connecting flight transfers without Visas.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
I understand that they even track who is on a plane passing OVER US air space .... so if you (US citizen) fly direct from Canada to Cuba ..............

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The article was referring to citizens of Dominica and specified not the Dominican republic. These citizens of dominica can travel to 100 countries without a visa

You are correct. My mistake. I saw the word "Dominicans" and did not put it in the proper context that they were citizens of Dominica who could go to 100 countries without a visa. Citizens of the DR can visit a number of countries without visas, most of them either not that interesting or very difficult and expensive to reach as Robert pointed out. I know this problem well since my wife has a Dominican passport. Even though she can pass through the USA with her visitor's visa, we have yet to care enough to visit any other countries on that list.

bolo777

Jun 24, 2007
Thanks but I am a permant Resident would I need to be a citizen and do I lose my US citizenship??

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No... you can carry 2 passports.... but you still will have your US obligations and will need to use the US passport for entry to the US

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No... you can carry 2 passports.... but you still will have your US obligations and will need to use the US passport for entry to the US

Spot on correct. The inference that you can hide your money from Uncle Sam by getting another passport does not make doing so any more legal in the eyes of Uncle Sam.

Thanks but I am a permant Resident would I need to be a citizen and do I lose my US citizenship??

No you actually have to want to give up your US Citizenship and pay for that to happen to Uncle Sam. And Uncle Sam will still tax you for years afterword, believe it or not. He really wants you to remain a citizen and pay taxes forever no matter where you live.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my mother in law has a dual citizenship: american and dominican. she presents her american passport upon entry but asks for a stamp in a dominican passport. it is a lot cheaper and easier to replace if full.

i have seen this whole "dominican passport for 25K" thing before. i believe it may be 100% authentic but bribed all the way from top to bottom. hence the price.