Intrant to move ahead in its plan to register motorcyclists

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Plan-Registro-Motorciclistas-INTRANT-1024x683.jpg

The National Institute of Transit and Land Transportation (Intrant) announced on Monday, 27 June 2022 that as of 15 July 2022, it will begin the inspection of users who have not complied with the motorcycle registration process, in accordance with Law 63-17 of Mobility, Land Transportation, Transit and Road Safety of the Dominican Republic.

Around 555,000 motorcyclists of 2.8 million have taken advantage of the expedited registry plan since June 2021. The process establishes as mandatory the use of the protective helmet, labeled with the motorcycle license plate, as well as obtaining a category 1 driver’s license.

The Intrant says this next step to regulate motorcycles circulating on the public roads of the country will start in Santo Domingo, Santiago, San Cristóbal, Peravia, San Pedro de Macorís and Duarte provinces. Also in Hato Mayor, La Romana, La Altagracia...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It will separate the men from the boys.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I remember them talking about doing this back in 2012 when I first move down here however Team Luis has a pretty good track record of following thru.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How and where does one get a category 1 driver’s license ( is this the same as a regular automobile drivers licence) ?
No, a regular auto license is Class 2. Here is what needs to be done based upon what my wife did recently:

You go to the local INTRANT Office (pay the fee there or at BANRESERVAS for a Class 1 (and Class 2 license if you already have one ) , then you pass a exam administered by a medical doctor, study a video and answer the questions on a terminal about what you just saw and the laws. They did not ask her to take a road test on a motorcycle, but they might ask you to do so. I was surprised they did not do that.

If you pass they print your new Class 1 motorcycle license that could have a Class 2 endorsement for automobiles if you already had that. Be prepared to spend several hours doing this. I was there and saw the entire thing and it was NOT a short process.

aeng

Aug 13, 2019
They should set up police to stop and seize every moto that runs a red light (and it is deliberate) at Playero (hey cars too for that matter, including taxis)
Having placed new Asphalt on Pedro Clissante. someone has forgotten to replace the "sleeping" policmen !!! the stretch after Banco Santo Cruz eastwards has become a race track and down right dangerous !!!

Reactions: chico bill