Inversor batteries

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I ended up buy two T105 FOR 10,595 PESOS EACH. I was tempted to by the Trace 235 amp as they were cheaper by 1500 pesos each.
I bought TRACE batteries once. They were crap for me.

TRACE, when they existed in the USA, never made batteries, but someone did use their name long after they were purchased by Xantrex and then Xantrex was purchased by Snyder. I suspect they were made locally in the DR by a local company that adopted the TRACE name.

The other day I noticed that the MEGATONE store, an inverter/charger solar company was gone from their former store in Puerto Plata.
My most recent inverters were from MEGATONE.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I bought TRACE batteries once. They were crap for me.

TRACE, when they existed in the USA, never made batteries, but someone did use their name long after they were purchased by Xantrex and then Xantrex was purchased by Snyder. I suspect they were made locally in the DR by a local company that adopted the TRACE name.

The other day I noticed that the MEGATONE store, an inverter/charger solar company was gone from their former store in Puerto Plata.
My most recent inverters were from MEGATONE.
I mentioned before that Trace Batteries are manufactured in Puerto Rico.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Incorrect, why would you say that? Batteries for an inverter can be hooked up either in series or parallel.
As long as your inverter accepts different voltages. That's why the new digital sinewave are so nice - No switches to adjust

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
6volt have thicker plates better service longer lasting..sure you can use 12 volt..but should you..
One advantage you get by using 2 6-volt batteries is that you can get double the watt hours over the 12-volt model; other than that there are 12 volt batteries that are built with thicker plates for the frequent recharging required, same quality as the 6 volt battery. The lifetime of the 12 volt AMC gel battery is 10 years.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
One advantage you get by using 2 6-volt batteries is that you can get double the watt hours over the 12-volt model; other than that there are 12 volt batteries that are built with thicker plates for the frequent recharging required, same quality as the 6 volt battery. The lifetime of the 12 volt AMC gel battery is 10 years.
Have you have personal experience with the AMC gel batteries. In ours hot temperatures the disadvantage I find with the lead acid batteries is the maintenance required to add water even with the right charge rate. What about the gel batteries? Do they do well in hot environments, of course with the right charge rate. Also can you discharge them more or less than the lead acid?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Have you have personal experience with the AMC gel batteries. In ours hot temperatures the disadvantage I find with the lead acid batteries is the maintenance required to add water even with the right charge rate. What about the gel batteries? Do they do well in hot environments, of course with the right charge rate. Also can you discharge them more or less than the lead acid?
I dont have any personal experience with AMC Gel batteries but my MIL has had them for three years with no issues at all and CB is buying them for his new house in Jarabacoa and I know that he buys nothing without a lot of research. My inversors are all installed in areas where they don't get sun and also get breeze and it makes no difference as far as I can tell on how often I have to add water.