Investigations ongoing after surveillance video showed luggage fraud case at PUJ

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Aeropuerto-Punta-Cana-Noticias-SIN-1024x571.png

Carlos Devers, spokesperson for the National Drug Control Agency (DNCD) told Noticias SIN that at least four people are under arrest as the case of a 65-year old woman who would have flown to Brussels for medical treatment and was accused of trafficking in cocaine is investigated. A surveillance video would be evidence of how two separate suitcase tags are printed for the same woman, confirmed Devers.

The arrested are the 65-year old ticketed passenger Julia Benoit, who will now need to appear in court and was released with a ban to leave the country. The others are Moises Lizardo, who is also released with the order to appear as needed in court. Sauri Martinez and Carlos Soriano were ordered to serve three months preventive detention.

Julia Benoit’s son traveled from Brussels to assist his mother in the case, but the defense lawyer was not able to secure the simple...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JD Jones
Jan 9, 2004
Makes one wonder how many times they’ve done this successfully
More than you think.

The bags, if successfully loaded on the aircraft, are then intercepted by another airline employee at the flights destination before reaching the carousel, and the passenger is none the wiser..........except in this case.

Scanning thousands and thousands of bags via x-ray is a boring airport job, and yes some who do the scanning are complicit also.

It is the use of the dogs that adds a new dimension to drug detection.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Here's more complete video:

I am sure this is an ongoing technique and the best thing is these conspirators will loose their great jobs.

The lady, who I doubt was involved, is stuck in the country and likely wishes she never visited the DR. Perhaps she will suffer consequences from being accused in her home country too.

JD Jones

Moderator - Covid 19 in DR & North Coast
Jan 7, 2016
Here's more complete video:

I am sure this is an ongoing technique and the best thing is these conspirators will loose their great jobs.

The lady, who I doubt was involved, is stuck in the country and likely wishes she never visited the DR. Perhaps she will suffer consequences from being accused in her home country too.
I think she lives here in the DR. She was going to get medical treatment.

This is a huge black eye for the PC airport.