Ipods

bendundat

Sep 16, 2008
How much are Ipods selling for these days? I know there are differnt models and all I just need a ballpark figure
What are really good things to bring that are small and are in high demand?What do they sell for?

shellygirl327

Jun 18, 2004
I checked a price here for an Ipod Nano (the slim one that does not play videos) and they wanted 9,000 pesos for it. I ended up having my sister pick one up in NY of the latest nano that plays videos for $150 dollars and she shipped it to me. I thought about picking some up in the States and selling them down here also. If you do that, just have to make sure that you have someone who has the $$ to pay for it in one shot. I'm not a big fan of lay away or credit. LOL

bendundat

Sep 16, 2008
THanks Shelley,

what courier did you sister use to send it to you?
Did they charge you a tax?

shellygirl327

Jun 18, 2004
I have a CPS account which gives me a P.O. Box address in Miami. Once my packages reach Miami, I will have it here in Bavaro in about 2 days. As long as the contents of the package are less than $200 there aren't any taxes. I spoke to them there about shipping more in and they said it's not a problem but they should be shipped separately to avoid taxes. When the package gets here I just pay a flat fee and weight to pick it up. That package cost me about 500 pesos to pick up but that's because of the weight of the boxes of Jujyfruit she sent me. ;)

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I've just seen some "I-fakes" at Jumbo in Santiago yesterday. They had the 1Gb little 1"x1" thingy at 3000-something and the cross-over look of the Nano and the HD models with 3Gb for something over 5000.

Yes, these are NOT true I-pod models but it may give you an idea of the bottom side of the market.

Btw: Some locals call every mp3 player un "aypo" others will call them all, yes a true I-pod too, simply un "emepetre".

... J-D.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I've just seen some "I-fakes" at Jumbo in Santiago yesterday. They had the 1Gb little 1"x1" thingy at 3000-something and the cross-over look of the Nano and the HD models with 3Gb for something over 5000.

Yes, these are NOT true I-pod models but it may give you an idea of the bottom side of the market.

Btw: Some locals call every mp3 player un "aypo" others will call them all, yes a true I-pod too, simply un "emepetre".

... J-D.
JD, your fame is spreading:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/spanish-101/81133-fa.html

shellygirl327

Jun 18, 2004
Windeguy - There is EPS here also, however, the account I have is with CPS. They offer the same service as EPS but it is a different company.

To the OP - I've seen the fake Ipod shuffles here also and they are really cheap on Ebay as well.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Check out the Shell Gas Station in SDQ, Nu?ez de Cacerres ... They are importing and have all kind of models like the new Ipod Touch 80 Gig etc. I bought my iphone and an Ipod there.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Check out the Shell Gas Station in SDQ, Nu?ez de Cacerres ... They are importing and have all kind of models like the new Ipod Touch 80 Gig etc. I bought my iphone and an Ipod there.

The Ipod Touch only comes in 8,16, & 32 GB versions, so make sure it's not a good Chinese copy if it's 80G!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I just saw a local (POP) computer store offering the 8Gb original Nano Video I-pod for RD$ 7500.oo (USD 214.oo). They sell for a low as USD 114.oo including shipping within the lower 48 US over at fleabay. Another USD 6.oo will get it to you from Miami to the DR.

... J-D.