Is 1 July the official date for reopening the tourism industry?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
How did you do that, go to a doctor?

We have walk-in clinics in NYC where one can see a doctor without an appointment. They provide the test now. I think NYC got hit so hard that they are testing massively to be able to trace (even my children pediatrician offer them).
I first went to get an antibody test for me and the children (my youngest had fllue like symptoms back in February and had tested negative for the flue so I was wondering), but the doctor offered to do the PCR test, so we did.
All negative (no surprise), no antibodies either.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
We have walk-in clinics in NYC where one can see a doctor without an appointment. They provide the test now. I think NYC got hit so hard that they are testing massively to be able to trace (even my children pediatrician offer them).
I first went to get an antibody test for me and the children (my youngest had fllue like symptoms back in February and had tested negative for the flue so I was wondering), but the doctor offered to do the PCR test, so we did.

Thanks for the info. I'm just wondering if I will need one to re-enter if/when I get out of here to see my mom. I don't mind the test but I won't go back if I have to quarantine upon return.

Reactions: Linda Stapleton

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Thanks for the info. I'm just wondering if I will need one to re-enter if/when I get out of here to see my mom. I don't mind the test but I won't go back if I have to quarantine upon return.

Where are you returning to ? If the US, I am not aware of any testing for returning citizen. Self isolate until you get tested may be ? It took us 2 days to get the results.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
So when will the flights commence from US ???
I am a covid survivor so Im good... will still protect myself.

Airlines in the US have come a long way and updating their safety practices and cleaning procedures extensively due to the public fear.
🙄

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Where are you returning to ? If the US, I am not aware of any testing for returning citizen. Self isolate until you get tested may be ? It took us 2 days to get the results.

I will return to the midwest in the USA once I know what the rules are. I just did facetime with mom and she's doing ok for her age. Not in a rush to get back when I don't know how I will return. My life is here now. I have a kid to take care of with an extended family. They come first.

Reactions: aarhus
Sep 22, 2009
I will return to the midwest in the USA once I know what the rules are. I just did facetime with mom and she's doing ok for her age. Not in a rush to get back when I don't know how I will return. My life is here now. I have a kid to take care of with an extended family. They come first.
Tales of a third world pandemic

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I'm in London and you can only get a test if you have symptoms and the tests available have a 30% false negative results. Antibody tests are not available to the general public. guess that means no UK residents will be allowed to enter Republica Dominicana
It seems to me that it is only certain hotels that will be requiring an affidavit. So if you are going to smaller hotels or a private rental it will probably not be necessary. Best to ask before booking.

Reactions: LaVerdadera

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
affidavit of healh?? what horsecack! you test negative one day, then get on a 6 hour flight with who knows who. Ain't flying nowhere,no time for the foreseeable future.
good luck with opening up to tourists and the 2nd wave.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It s free by law. I am in NYC , I got tested this week along with my children by just walking into a walkin-clinic (nasal swab and blood for antibodies), we had no symptoms. It took 2 days to get the results. While there was no test in the city a while ago, at the moment it s available everywhere and I know many people who did get a test recently.

I am not aware of an affidavit , but I would think the test results would act as such granted that the test was completed within 2 weeks of traveling ?
CV 19 tests may free by law or regulation, but they were not approved for a test in upstate NY? And still have not heard back almost a month after their initial request.

I can see this working out really well as it pertains to travel to countries like the DR if they indeed demand an affidavit of good health. What is "legal" and what is possible are sometimes two different things. As for the affidavit, it is currently a request by the tourism industry so they can reopen quickly. Nobody knows what will actually happen regarding such a request on how the government will decide.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Needs to be within 48 hrs they say

Results take 48 hrs..... circle jerk
It seems to me that it is only certain hotels that will be requiring an affidavit. So if you are going to smaller hotels or a private rental it will probably not be necessary. Best to ask before booking.

we haven't heard if tourist who want to be 'independent' will be allowed yet

The rumblings are that the AI's will be the holding pens for visitors....
no interaction outside the resorts that I have heard of

Anybody got news ??

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
CV 19 tests may free by law or regulation, but they were not approved for a test in upstate NY? And still have not heard back almost a month after their initial request.

I just stated my experience in New York city, where I walked into a walk-in clinic this past Monday to get tested along with my kids and without showing symptoms, no co-pay.
Obviously, a month ago was a totally different story i.e. I have a relative who was sick with all the symptoms and couldn't get tested as well 2 months ago, she just rode it out at home.

Sep 22, 2009
Needs to be within 48 hrs they say

Results take 48 hrs..... circle jerk

we haven't heard if tourist who want to be 'independent' will be allowed yet

The rumblings are that the AI's will be the holding pens for visitors....
no interaction outside the resorts that I have heard of

Anybody got news ??
I hear they are doing roundups on all surf and kite 20 dollar/night mooches. Sending them on a one-wayer back to their basements. The lucky first 500 detainees get a free THC sample

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Jamaica has a plan to control tourists in a zone:

Jamaica Creates “Resilient Corridor” to Manage Return of Tourism

https://www-caribjournal-com.cdn.amppro … ridor/amp/

This is a concept that could work well in DR initially in the east and expanding elsewhere.

How do they contain people? And what about non-residents like me who never went back? How would they distinguish between us? Everybody has to carry their passport at all times?

Sep 22, 2009
How do they contain people? And what about non-residents like me who never went back? How would they distinguish between us? Everybody has to carry their passport at all times?
They are doing roundups. House to house moving outward province by province. ID will be verified and thermoscans will be administered

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just stated my experience in New York city, where I walked into a walk-in clinic this past Monday to get tested along with my kids and without showing symptoms, no co-pay.
Obviously, a month ago was a totally different story i.e. I have a relative who was sick with all the symptoms and couldn't get tested as well 2 months ago, she just rode it out at home.
And it will be a totally different story in each part of the USA, even upstate NY versus NY City. If a current CV-19 test is a requirement to enter the DR, then tourism will be very slow until that requirement is no longer needed.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

resident- nonresident... the virus doesn't differentiate
neither will the police/medicos

the arrival stamp is what they want
and Yes..... you are always supposed to have your ID as a tourist/visitor/nonresident
to prove your arrival date