Is $1800 a month enough?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I live a pretty descent life here and don't want for anything on RD40,000 per month. I receive more than that every month and the rest goes into savings here. I am currently adjusting to eat more of the local food and much less of the imported. Even Chip has told me how to make homemade pizzas and my first time will be tonight. yummmmmm
This figure also includes everything for my girlfriend including her schooling. I didn't jump the gun and purchase a vehicle here. I have found that between conchos, private taxi's and the Metro bus line, I can go anywhere and everywhere without any of the expensive car costs with a nice monthly saving. I don't skimp on anything, I just use my head and don't throw money away. I even download all my movies for free so I haven't had to spend money for the theaters.
You control your life, your money, and your lifestyle, just be wise.......

B in Santiago

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
..... This figure also includes everything for my girlfriend including her schooling. ....... You control your life, your money, and your lifestyle, just be wise.......

B in Santiago

Wives tend to be more expensive then girlfriends.....

2rpbdx1.gif

You can always switch girlfriends or tell them "No"! ;) lol

D in Tampa/Santiago

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I live a pretty descent life here and don't want for anything on RD40,000 per month. I receive more than that every month and the rest goes into savings here. I am currently adjusting to eat more of the local food and much less of the imported. Even Chip has told me how to make homemade pizzas and my first time will be tonight. yummmmmm
This figure also includes everything for my girlfriend including her schooling. I didn't jump the gun and purchase a vehicle here. I have found that between conchos, private taxi's and the Metro bus line, I can go anywhere and everywhere without any of the expensive car costs with a nice monthly saving. I don't skimp on anything, I just use my head and don't throw money away. I even download all my movies for free so I haven't had to spend money for the theaters.

B in Santiago

Homemade Pizza
Tonight
Where will that be??
Hey,
I have a good med insurance in case something goes wrong with the Mariscos Topics, he he
We just killed a whole chicken done in the Oven,
eating can't get better, ha ha.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Wives tend to be more expensive then girlfriends.....

2rpbdx1.gif

You can always switch girlfriends or tell them "No"! ;) lol

D in Tampa/Santiago

that;s just true for the Newbies without Island Experience.
Raise Your Wifey the right Way before You make Her the Wifey,
and she will use the money wisely.
and the Wifey is the Free of extra charge Cookie, Room Maid, Secretary, long legged Dishwasher etc etc etc, lol.
Mike

Dominicanoc

Oct 6, 2010
hahaha MikeFisher, my wife just read that I told me " so that's why you want to take me out there, to make me your personal maid lol

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's the Sense of Marriage,
to share it all,
the Good and the Bad,
like She serve's You the Good Meals and Drinks,
and You leave to her the Bad Dirty Dishes and Clothes,
Marriage is all about Sharing It All,
to Each His/Her Share.

o.k. Robert,
I will not Copy the full pages out of the famous Book
"Life seen through the Eyes of the Fisherman"
to not give Reason to ..., lol.
enjoy the Weekend
Mike

Reactions: waytogo

Dominicanoc

Oct 6, 2010
lol nope thanks God we don't, the $1800 is the set amount I will have if I move over there but right now between my wife and I we bring $5200 a month, the thing is not my wife really loves Dominican and I wanted to know if my set amount is good enough...

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
lol nope thanks God we don't, the $1800 is the set amount I will have if I move over there but right now between my wife and I we bring $5200 a month, the thing is not my wife really loves Dominican and I wanted to know if my set amount is good enough...

Save, Save, Save.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Most likely since the cost of living in the DR is way cheaper compared to U.S and Europe.

In the U.S if you live in a household that only brings in $1,800 a month, you are going to live in a neighborhood that either has crack houses or meth labs.

Not absolutely true. It can be done in the US, in small towns and rural America easily. In the larger cities you may be in poor neighborhoods. $1800 is $20K a year. If you are frugal you can do it comfortably.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

B in Santiago
Very Smart!!! My grand used to say: A lo que se le saca y no se le echa algun dia el fin se le ve...
Translation; If your spends are more than your incomes you will be in bankruptcy anytime in the future...

JJ