Is A Clear RD Title Really A Legal Document?

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
here in Luperon Hills in LaSabana (Luperon) several of us both Dominican and EX Pats have invested heavily in purchasing Lots and Homes.
There is a family who now is placing claims against this property as having been wrongly expropriated from them by past Governments.
The Legal work on this project may have been from Guzman Ariza Law firm.
So now several renters of property have been asked to vacate the premises and we are being asked to understand that the property is actually theirs.

I can deal with these shanagagins just so long before I pop a cork..... and we don't really want that to happen.
WE have been issued Deslinde Titles...Can that be over ridden by these preposterous claims?If so, then I suggest that Foreigners cease and desist from purchasing property in the Republica Dominicana.

Hopefully all this will be ironed out in the near future, Just in case
Stay tuned for updates!!
Could get interesting...... if some of you recall the demonstrations in Luperon last year when people who have been living in their homes for 50 years were told to vacate.
All in the courts for now...but this is a new initiative to take on the Gringos and Dominican Land owners.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Supposedly, the purpose of the deslinde is to give clear title that cannot be challenged after it is completed. During the process, signs are placed on the property and notifications placed in newspapers during which any claims can be made.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Who has done the "asking to leave"?
A family whom were told to sell property to Gov. over 50 years ago and claim they were never paid by Gov for the land,
The move to Luperon Hills is just another challenge this Family think will bag them some money.
This is not good press for DR , especially when it comes to foreign investment,

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Let us wait and see what Se,'Fabio Guzman has to say on the matter of Bona Fide Deslinde Titles

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A family whom were told to sell property to Gov. over 50 years ago and claim they were never paid by Gov for the land,
The move to Luperon Hills is just another challenge this Family think will bag them some money.
This is not good press for DR , especially when it comes to foreign investment,
Then they should take it up with the government.

Reactions: campesinadeatl

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The Legal work on this project may have been from Guzman Ariza Law firm.

WE have been issued Deslinde Titles...

Deslindes are not reversed by any court in the DR.

In this case the claim must be directed to the state and only for recovery of payment and any unpaid interests (if applied) to the original contract.

There’s no precedent of a reversed deslinde to date and issuing one, would in effect invalidate the security of the deslinde legal process as we know it. Not going to happen.

Their claim had a valid time to challenge the deslinde acted upon at the time. This is just smoke and mirrors.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Several years ago we had some "Lawyers in a Lexus" show up in my development. I went out to speak with the group and they showed me a document where their client claimed ownership on several lots near me (but not my property itself).

They declared the matter would be heard in court in Puerto Plata and I attended the proceedings. The Judge heard their argument for a while and eventually stopped them when she had heard enough. She then told them to shut up or she would have them arrested because all of the property in our development had documented ownership and their client was not on that list. She would not tolerate someone trying to commit fraud. They did shut up, apologized to the court and left the court room quickly.

Hopefully this will happen in Luperon as well and the crooks and their shyster lawyers will be run out of the court.

A similar thing happened to some neighbors of mine about 17 years ago and they just waited out the crooks until they went away.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Then they should take it up with the government.
Same family that caused the serious demonstrations in Luperon 15 months ago. When Family had an excavator tore down the restaurant of a Canadian with Dementia..... community protested and sent the group and equipment packing. One demonstrator was ''accidentally'' shot by Police .
It continued until the local Senator finally showed up and put a stop to it. The matter is still before the courts.
Luperon Hills is yet another target. Six houses and many empty lots, and we are only permanent owners residents here.Except for caretakers.

CabVacVilla

Oct 15, 2010
Same family that caused the serious demonstrations in Luperon 15 months ago. When Family had an excavator tore down the restaurant of a Canadian with Dementia..... community protested and sent the group and equipment packing. One demonstrator was ''accidentally'' shot by Police .
It continued until the local Senator finally showed up and put a stop to it. The matter is still before the courts.
Luperon Hills is yet another target. Six houses and many empty lots, and we are only permanent owners residents here.Except for careta
Luperon Hills is yet another target. Six houses and many empty lots, and we are only permanent owners residents here.Except for caretakers.
Hello Russell, Hope you are well, it's Greg from down the road, friend of John & Janet(red roof house) and of Julio(light green house). Is this resolved?. Can contact me, greggill99 at aol.com, Thank you, greggill99@aol.com

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I was hoping I would catch your attention.... This is going to come to an abrupt stop.
these shenanagians must stop if the integrity of the D.Titles are to mean anything to foreign investors.
I know if I was looking at buying here and such crap was going on I would walk away.
Especially now that we are hoping to sell our home.

Reactions: zoomzx11

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I was hoping I would catch your attention.... This is going to come to an abrupt stop.
these shenanagians must stop if the integrity of the D.Titles are to mean anything to foreign investors.
I know if I was looking at buying here and such crap was going on I would walk away.
Especially now that we are hoping to sell our home.
Tell them they are S.O.L.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
a deslinde is not title to property it is exact gps property lines , not title to property... registers for title is what gives absolute title by the courts ...