Is a win really a win?

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
I went to AMET COURT for a bogus moving violation ticket. I won the the dispute in and was informed I no longer needed to pay the fine ( not unlike any other winner, I was gleeful and elated!!), HOWEVER, upon me leaving the court they informed me in ten business days for the delivery of sentences for contesting fines.

You must bring
A $5 receipt
A $30 stamp
A $50 stamp
Purchase these at the General Directorate of Internal Taxes (DGII).

That sucked all the joy of winning because did I actually win, or am I just paying a lesser fine (rhetorical). HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

• Haha
Reactions: sylviamcginnis

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I went to AMET COURT for a bogus moving violation ticket. I won the the dispute in and was informed I no longer needed to pay the fine ( not unlike any other winner, I was gleeful and elated!!), HOWEVER, upon me leaving the court they informed me in ten business days for the delivery of sentences for contesting fines.

You must bring
A $5 receipt
A $30 stamp
A $50 stamp

That sucked all the joy of winning because did I actually win, or am I just paying a lesser fine (rhetorical). HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
You would win by paying for the stamps if the ticket fine was over RD5.000 :unsure:

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

You must bring
A $5 receipt
A $30 stamp
A $50 stamp

Are these numbers in US dollars? Surely they told you the amounts in Dominican Pesos. Makes no sense to quote these numbers in US dollars (please remember that there are a lot of people who visit this forum who are not Americans).

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Are these numbers in US dollars? Surely they told you the amounts in Dominican Pesos. Makes no sense to quote these numbers in US dollars (please remember that there are a lot of people who visit this forum who are not Americans).
Not sure if he has quoted them in US $ , but yes it would be clearer if he wrote pesos.

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
I quoted these numbers as they were given to me, this is the Dominican Republic the local currently is Dominican Pesos.🤷🏿‍♂️

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
The time and effort to fight it and get these "stamps " is a net loss. Pay the 5000. It's a loss to fight and win, it's not like your insurance is going up, is it?

Reactions: SKY