Is Brittania Bar in Sosua still open

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I tried ordering somne food today and they did not answer the phone so I sent someone to pick up a caesar salad and the place was clo0sed.

They are normally closed on Monday and this is Tuesday.

Anyone know what's going on ( Ken) ?

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
Still open but on a different schedule. The schedule as I understand it for now will be closed Sunday after breakfast for quite a while (no ETA on when that will change, depends on when high season starts to kick in). Closed all day Monday for the next couple of months or so. Tue - Sat closed at 4 PM until about one or two weeks into August. This part is to allow folks to take their vacations.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I tried ordering somne food today and they did not answer the phone so I sent someone to pick up a caesar salad and the place was clo0sed.

They are normally closed on Monday and this is Tuesday.

Anyone know what's going on ( Ken) ?

I'm in US. But I know it is normal for them to reduce hours in the summer.

May 29, 2006
The Brittania is one of very few restaurants that was open in Sosua 10 years ago and likely to be open in another ten years. I think the only thing that could close it is if they sell it to someone who is completely incompetent. The last time I was in Sosua was about six years ago, and I'd expect that more than half the businesses that were there have either closed or changed hands. I've seen close to that amount of turnover just on the Pedro Clisante strip when there was a down year.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Britannia is closed on Mondays until November
Summer hours (until August 7) are as follows: Tuesday - Sunday open at 8am and closed at 4pm

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Can I order the fried chicken breast with mashed and gravy to go, in advance?