Is he looking for a visa?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
It is funny though because I know a guy who blatantly says that he wants to marry me so he can get a visa (he is drop dead beautiful, seriously) and because he is so honest I would even consider it. Just like a friends with benefits thing, going into it with your eyes wide open that you'd be marrying him to help a friend and there would be a lot of conditions attached.

But for love? I think quite a few of us have been there when we were young and stupid, done that, got the T shirt and the divorce.

Reactions: JD Jones

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I just read the title of this thread and thought "yes he is" before I even started reading any of the posts. Cynical?

There have been quite a few similar questions on this forum, and I have always liked it when someone replies: "If you have to ask it, then then answer is yes" "Or If you have to ask it in a public forum, please run"...

My wife's friend have occasionally been complaining to her about their relationships (all Dominicans, no expats or others involved) and she always likes to say: A relationship can only work if both of the parties are capable of resolving any conflicts among themselves... If third parties need to get involved, then there may be things or issues that the couple themselves are unable to resolve, and that is usually not a very good thing... And this is valid for all couples, not just people from different countries/cultures...

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Run! Getting papers might actually be his priority right now. Save yourself the time, money and aggravation.

Hilari

Jun 8, 2021
New Jersey
I appreciate everyone who gave me sensible and realistic advice. However, I don't appreciate the sarcastic and mean remarks that were made either by words or laughing emojis( you know who you are) I have been on other sites like this one and I have never encountered so many rude people. I just wanted to request some advice..Isn't that what a lot of blogs are for? Some things that are usually learned in kindergarten apply throughout life. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Just marry the guy go on 90 day fiancée so we can watch live!! Ignore the grumpy old men responses, you found true love play it out if it don’t work out kick his ass out day 89 :cool:

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I appreciate everyone who gave me sensible and realistic advice. However, I don't appreciate the sarcastic and mean remarks that were made either by words or laughing emojis( you know who you are) I have been on other sites like this one and I have never encountered so many rude people. I just wanted to request some advice..Isn't that what a lot of blogs are for? Some things that are usually learned in kindergarten apply throughout life. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it.
Reality hurts …you ask on a forum people to judge a person they haven’t met..and wonder why people haven’t been more supportive..well reality is 95% time in this situation you got a sanky or someone who wants to better there life by marrying a gringa .. a good sanky is in it for long game and plays it well masters of The game..being on this forum
asking this type of question says volumes of your experience and chances of being eaten by the wolves..most of these situations we seen over and over on this forum..we lost one of our beloved members not long ago to her Dominican husband having her killed ,he played long game.. so excuse members on this forum who’s eyes roll and say here’s another one!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
If you only wants nice things said... Asking is pointless...

Stop wasting your time looking ONLY for positive comments, ignoring comments which might actually educate you.

Reactions: jd426

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If you only wants nice things said... Asking is pointless...

Stop wasting your time looking ONLY for positive comments, ignoring comments which might actually educate you.
Bravo, well said - But seriously anyone looking for relationship advice on a forum isn't serious of just attention starved and naïve individual who possesses poor life and personal skills, and likely has little to no international travel experience.
Or as I still believe, just a bored loser kid in the basement on his or her computer making posts between playing internet video games. And the post begging for "only nice things to be said" pretty much proves that point.

Reactions: jd426 and Big

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Well you've made me curious ... just what forum doesn't have the occaisional rude person?
Be honest, you asked and recieved. It's okay to be a giving peson. Just be wary of what's being asked and how much trouble you can be in for the "giving".

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020

In another of your threads you asked if rape is legal in the D.R. Did you ever get a non-sarcastic, non-rude answer to that question? As I mentioned then, and I reiterate now, my vote is still troll.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I see your point.
Hilari
You are in WAY OVER YOUR HEAD..
This game is not for you.. trust us .. and it is a GAME to these TYPES of Domincan Professional men..
Do some SEARCHING on this Forum, all the answers are right here .. this scenario has played out many times already
As someone just said , you seem like you do NOT have the Travel experience .. are we right on that point ?
You are not the first to fall for this Game .
Get out, and get out fast , and dont look back .
This Guy not the Father figure for your 10 year old ..