Is it just me or are you nervous about taking the chinese vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Waiting longer between injections probably (maybe?) works better. The DR is waiting a month while others are waiting two weeks.

What’s the explanation for these differences otherwise?

There are a couple of reasons why this might be somewhat unfair to Sinovac’s vaccine. One is that the levels of virus exposure among the trial participants, who were frontline health workers in Brazil, was very high. That means the vaccine had a tougher job to do to protect them. Another possibility is that the Chinese vaccine trial in Brazil may have been picking up much milder COVID cases who might not have registered as symptomatic in the Pfizer-BioNTech trial, for example. A third reason is that the two doses were only spaced 14 days apart. It now looks like if you wait much longer for the second dose you will likely get a better immune response and higher protection.

Reactions: Russell

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Right, any doctor will tell you to get the 1st shot you can

that is the current medical advice - because of the basic equality of all the vaccines, we are encouraged by the medical community to take whichever vaccine is first offered.

What we're seeing here - an in depth discussion about which type of vaccine - has morphed from the initial conversation of whether or not to be vaccinated.
From the debate about whether ANY vaccine was worthwhile, we are now focused on which one to seek.

This has been reported at length in the news.
As for Sinovac - there is plenty of supporting info available.
After the 2 doses it is 100% effective against contracting severe CV19.

Those want to proceed thru this - unprotected - are free to do so.....obviously

But doing so helps neither that person nor the road to recovery
"Right, any doctor will tell you to get the 1st shot you can"

Not any or all doctors William. I personally know a Doc (personal friend not my doc. ) in Santo Domingo that does not want it and you can see the article below from Forbes regarding front line health care workers that do not want it. I have seen a number of these articles some with up to 50% that don't want it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Not any or all doctors William. I personally know a Doc (personal friend not my doc. ) in Santo Domingo that does not want it and you can see the article below from Forbes regarding front line health care workers that do not want it. I have seen a number of these articles some with up to 50% that don't want it.

Only 6 out of 1,000 people die who get CV19. so you takes your chances (and they are pretty good) by just saying no to a vaccine.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Not according to their schedule, but hey if you got it you got. Still waiting for arrival of more vaccine in Jarabacoa.
Bob on Wednesday past it was 80 at 0800 to 1100 hrs. 70 -79 1100- 1400 and 60 -70 at 1400 to 1600. At least that is what was being directed by the "herders" . Do not know the actual protocols of age

Reactions: bob saunders

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Bob on Wednesday past it was 80 at 0800 to 1100 hrs. 70 -79 1100- 1400 and 60 -70 at 1400 to 1600. At least that is what was being directed by the "herders" . Do not know the actual protocols of age
In POP it was a limited number of 60+ at 8 AM. When they were done with those 60 or so people, they were done for the day.
I have heard Sosua, GH and Sabaneta have locations for vaccines that were not originally listed.

Reactions: Russell

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Well- all opinions differ

I know a doctor---- friend not my doctor or my wife's - he's Ob/Gyn
He gave his wife Thalidomide ...... and has a child to prove it

I , too, have a post graduate degree...... just went into a different bldg than Medical or Law

Read up, the consensus is to get some/any vaccine protection you can get

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
The protocol for the sinovac is 2nd injection in 14 days. I'm pretty sure the DR is not following this schedule as I seem to recall another poster who has their first injection saying their follow up appointment was in 30 days. One of the links above suggested that a longer period between injections proved more beneficial. Again more conflicting information.
Correct....exactly 28 days following the first injection

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Well- all opinions differ

I know a doctor---- friend not my doctor or my wife's - he's Ob/Gyn
He gave his wife Thalidomide ...... and has a child to prove it

I , too, have a post graduate degree...... just went into a different bldg than Medical or Law

Read up, the consensus is to get some/any vaccine protection you can get
William I (mis)interpreted, evidently "any" as "all". I won't be getting it but to each their own.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Understood.....

It should be written -
The general consensus of the medical community is ........

Many people feel as you do......
hopefully, they stay healthy until they get whichever vaccine they want

Akin to
I don't like this insurance..... I'll wait until I find one I like

Status
Not open for further replies.