Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I had no reaction -- ZERO

Same with another former poster here..... Nada

Seems to vary person to person
If you had a serious adverse reaction and ended up having to spend a few days in the hospital would you still tell people to get vaccinated?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
As I said above - reactions seem to differ by people....

Would my reaction be universal?
Would anybody care?

Surely, the reaction isn't as bad as getting the virus !

I just follow my nose..... others ? up to them...

Reactions: Lafcadio

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Why argue who cares and who not?
.................Waste of bandwidth..................Make your own decision and live with it, or die with it........................Good luck to all..................

Reactions: Carl.L

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Both my wife's and my reactions were absolutely zero. Not even the slight feeling of pain you get from a needle in any other application.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I've had first pfizer next one in April. Nada pain or reaction but a friend felt shit for 2 days after.

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes
I'm not sure why I should need to explain, but since you're a friend..... if you must know, I run a business with a support team who keeps everything running smoothly and have extremely limited access to "Moi"

When I am not at work I'm a stay at home kind of guy who practices self isolation due to the virus but have a nice yard where I can hang out and plenty of things to do.

The only other time I go out is at 6:30 am every Sunday morning I wear my mask to the supermarket when it is virtually devoid of persons and all of the employees of the supermarket wear theirs as well. I seldom see more than 2-3 shoppers throughout the entire store at that hour.

So to answer your question, I do not come in close contact with others at all (and no more than necessary when I have to).

How's that?
You don't have to explain, but have chosen too... and if you were offended by my question all you had to do is send a PM, since we're suddenly such good friends LOL

In my nonexpert, nonmedical, layman's opinion, and as a friend ;) ...anyone who is in contact with any other person, under any "normal" circumstances, is at risk and since you are probably high risk due to weight, lack of fitness and other assorted health conditions, you're probably fooling yourself into thinking you're moderating your risks enough, while you debate whether or not to get vaccinated and then which vaccine. You'd be far better off taking the expert advice already discussed on DR1 from such as Dr. F to get the vaccine into you ASAP and whichever one you're offered.

Now go have a nap or something ;)

P.S no link LOL :p

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You don't have to explain, but have chosen too... and if you were offended by my question all you had to do is send a PM, since we're suddenly such good friends LOL

In my nonexpert, nonmedical, layman's opinion, and as a friend ;) ...anyone who is in contact with any other person, under any "normal" circumstances, is at risk and since you are probably high risk due to weight, lack of fitness and other assorted health conditions, you're probably fooling yourself into thinking you're moderating your risks enough, while you debate whether or not to get vaccinated and then which vaccine. You'd be far better off taking the expert advice already discussed on DR1 from such as Dr. F to get the vaccine into you ASAP and whichever one you're offered.

Now go have a nap or something ;)

P.S no link LOL :p
You're right, I'm gonna go lay down for a while. I dun't feel so good. :sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: Carl.L

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
If you had a serious adverse reaction and ended up having to spend a few days in the hospital would you still tell people to get vaccinated?

Very few people have a serious adverse reaction and usually some Adrenalin bit of oxygen and monitoring overnight and most would be good to go. I felt nothing some friends a bit gripe for a day or two but majority I know experienced nada. All normal vaccine stuff.
I say that as a Brit we are the most vaccine compliant nation on earth i think, probably down to how effective the NHS centralised system is at handling mass vaccination of the population. We are all tracked by the system HA HA.... And the fact we all buy into a free at the point of delivery healthcare for all we share more of a collective. The NHS is our religion.
Don't be afraid Get vaccinated

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
You didn’t answer the question
But you quoted it
Yes absolutely I would. And I would discuss with the doctor if to have the second dose of the same one or try a different one for myself, there are lot's of different types out there and just because you react to one doesn't mean it will with the rest People react to vaccines but the benefit far outways the risk.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Very few people have a serious adverse reaction and usually some Adrenalin bit of oxygen and monitoring overnight and most would be good to go. I felt nothing some friends a bit gripe for a day or two but majority I know experienced nada. All normal vaccine stuff.
I say that as a Brit we are the most vaccine compliant nation on earth i think, probably down to how effective the NHS centralised system is at handling mass vaccination of the population. We are all tracked by the system HA HA.... And the fact we all buy into a free at the point of delivery healthcare for all we share more of a collective. The NHS is our religion.
Don't be afraid Get vaccinated
Rest assured. It's on my bucket list of things to do in life before I die.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Rest assured. It's on my bucket list of things to do in life before I die.
Cristo why you so worried WTF you and me immune anyways!!
1C988D92-420B-45C6-9D2B-8D409C5670BD.jpeg

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes
Worried? Lol.
Nope not at all.
I just think the people telling me I need to let
someone I do not know inject some experimental crap into my body because someone they don't know told them it's a good idea...
could use a nice hard smack in the face.
LOL more threatening wannabe tough guy nonsense.

Reactions: drstock

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Worried? Lol.
Nope not at all.
I just think the people telling me I need to let
someone I do not know inject some experimental crap into my body because someone they don't know told them it's a good idea...
could use a nice hard smack in the face.
People just give advice based on how effective vaccines are in fighting diseases and keeping diseases from becoming endemic. It's your decision nobody can force you. If you want to leave the RD in future other than on a yola you'll probably have to get one.

Reactions: Carl.L and Ken
Jan 9, 2004
People just give advice based on how effective vaccines are in fighting diseases and keeping diseases from becoming endemic. It's your decision nobody can force you. If you want to leave the RD in future other than on a yola you'll probably have to get one.

Nobody should be allowed to force anyone to either take or deny taking a vaccine. That is a personal choice that should be made between you and after consultation with your primary care physician.......not a doctor who comes on television and tells you the best vaccine you can get is the one you can get.

That kind of advice, without knowing the medical history of the individual, is akin to typing in symptoms on an internet medical website and coming up with a diagnosis and treatment.

The RD will likely never require a vaccine to leave, nor will most countries likely require its citizens be required to have one to enter back into their home country....a negative COVID test notwithstanding.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Nobody should be allowed to force anyone to either take or deny taking a vaccine. That is a personal choice that should be made between you and after consultation with your primary care physician.......not a doctor who comes on television and tells you the best vaccine you can get is the one you can get.

That kind of advice, without knowing the medical history of the individual, is akin to typing in symptoms on an internet medical website and coming up with a diagnosis and treatment.

The RD will likely never require a vaccine to leave, nor will most countries likely require its citizens be required to have one to enter back into their home country....a negative COVID test notwithstanding.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

The airline industry want the vaccine passport and most countries are considering it. More and more countries in Europe are now saying when they open up to tourism you will need a vaccine to visit. It's likely we will need a vaccine passport for international travel. If the DR wants it's tourism industry back it will probably fall into line

Status
Not open for further replies.