Is it just me or are you nervous about taking the chinese vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So far NO one in the DR has been reported to have any serious side effects from the vaccine. NO one here has contracted the virus AFTER taking the vaccine. And anyone that does live here well knows that it would be all over the news if either one of those two happened..................

So the doom and gloomers from afar need to take a break...................

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I've moved all of the posts pertaining to problems with vaccines...... again.

Read the title of the thread before you post. Please.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I studied the vaccine issue , was nervous... then looked at my immunization passport (yellow one) and saw the vast range of vaccines I had taken since 1997.
Suddenly I have no concerns about taking the Sinovac vaccine...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I studied the vaccine issue , was nervous... then looked at my immunization passport (yellow one) and saw the vast range of vaccines I had taken since 1997.
Suddenly I have no concerns about taking the Sinovac vaccine...
Exactly. Did anyone actually ask where the vaccines they had in the past came from?

Reactions: Billp16

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Exactly. Did anyone actually ask where the vaccines they had in the past came from?

Aside from childhood immunizations, what percentage of adults go through life reguarly receiving vaccines?
Not to mention, chronicling them?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I think the issue revolves less of where they come from and more the politics behind it all.
We have hit bottom when it comes to international trust of any kind.
The bigger the economy, the more they have to hide and protect from claims that could eventually risen from these “safe” emergency use shots...

Reactions: Russell

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Aside from childhood immunizations, what percentage of adults go through life reguarly receiving vaccines?
I have a full book of extra vaccinations I got in the Military for my various foreign trips/adventures. I did famine relief in Ethiopia in 1988 and received a number of vaccines for protection against African diseases and parasites. Where the vaccines came from I haven't an idea.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I have a full book of extra vaccinations I got in the Military for my various foreign trips/adventures. I did famine relief in Ethiopia in 1988 and received a number of vaccines for protection against African diseases and parasites. Where the vaccines came from I haven't an idea.

Yes, understood.
But you must also admit that this is a special instance as you were a military member. Similar to myself with the UN.
But were we not the exceptions to the rule?
Has the normal, average, evrry day common person been injecting themselves with vaccines for decades?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, understood.
But you must also admit that this is a special instance as you were a military member. Similar to myself with the UN.
Has the normal, average, evrry day common person been injecting themselves with vaccines for decades?
Almost anyone that has done extensive travel has had vaccines as an adult on top of the flu shot.

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Yes, understood.
I've a yellow vaccine record card that I've had and kept updated over the years. It's not at all uncommon where I've lived and for my generation and many others. Anyone (at least many if not most) born in the 50's through 70's at least had similar experiences and I would have thought it more widespread. North American and Europe and not at all just for those in the military. I did my bit but had my card and status updated while working in the broad "medical" field. I'm kind of shocked that it's not more common, of course it probably was not the norm in smaller, poorer countries like the DR.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I've a yellow vaccine record card that I've had and kept updated over the years. It's not at all uncommon where I've lived and for my generation and many others. Anyone (at least many if not most) born in the 50's through 70's at least had similar experiences and I would have thought it more widespread. North American and Europe and not at all just for those in the military. I did my bit but had my card and status updated while working in the broad "medical" field. I'm kind of shocked that it's not more common, of course it probably was not the norm in smaller, poorer countries like the DR.

I beg to differ, but we wear different glasses.

• Sad
Reactions: Michael DR

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Chronicling vaccines are mandatory if leaving Canada and travelling to some specific destinations that have , for instance Yellow Fever. plague polio and many other serious diseases that could stop you in your tracks.... When I present my International Immunization Card to Immigration officials they actually read it then smile.
Also it eliminates a booster from Host country for Hapatitis, tetnus and other boosters that I cannot even pronounce.
So yes there are those whom travel the globe who find it necessary to both chronicle and present immunzation proof.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Has there been any report of a serious after effect from the Sinovac vaccine shots here? I have heard nothing, and when I got my first one absolutely no after effect at all. Get the second one Tuesday, so I will see what happens then. I expect nada.....................
I had an unusual craving for Chinese food but that was about it. I will let you know after my second shot on Tuesday if it happens again

Reactions: SKY
Status
Not open for further replies.