Is it quiet where you live?

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
My place is in downtown Sosua behind city hall. Normally its quiet expect when the Haitian church is singing and rosters do make some noise. But I close my window and turn on the A/C and all is well!

drescape24

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
We are in Luperon Harbor and it is quiet after dark, once in awhile we here music from town, but not loud.

Fellow yachties.. pleasure to meet you. Currently in bahia escondido Samana. Boat is an IT46. La Sirena.. Only way to live in the Caribbean.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I live in Villa Progresso Sabaneta out in the finca a bit I never knew cows can make so much different noises then my dogs bark and my neighbors dogs but very quiet on the weekends I can hear the music fro\m the Isla Boomba and its not that bad. I'd say the most annoying noise is the "religious" people broadcasting their messages of give me money because god said so on loud speaker of their " church" at 5 AM in the morning!!

May 12, 2005
It is very quiet where my wife's family has a house. It is in Guayabal, just outside Santiago. 10 minutes to airport and 10 minutes to the monumento.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, it is quiet here. occasionally one of the neighbours will play loud music, only during the day time. but it's michael jackson, tina turner, sade. normal music. heck, sometimes it's even depeche mode or the cure :)

there are about 20 dogs her and they sometimes howl at night. it does not last long thou as the guy on the corner comes out and shouts: shut up, f**king assholes and then they stop :) :) :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
yes, it is quiet here. occasionally one of the neighbours will play loud music, only during the day time. but it's michael jackson, tina turner, sade. normal music. heck, sometimes it's even depeche mode or the cure :)

there are about 20 dogs her and they sometimes howl at night. it does not last long thou as the guy on the corner comes out and shouts: shut up, f**king assholes and then they stop :) :) :)

Depeche Mode? Costambar is on the rise..

Feb 7, 2007
We were in constant war for almost two years against a shack bar facing a very quit residential neighborhood, the place was located just on the main highway so I guess they thought they could do anything they wanted. Police, fiscal, environmental fiscal, police again, etc. The problem was they kept changing the administration (or better to say those who had the local rented) every 3 or so months (nobody could ever make any money there the place was always empty but blasting ***g music all day long late into the night) but always somehow the next renter thought they could make it work (fortunately they could not) so after their deposit ran out they moved. Then closed for a month, then the next "tour" began.

The last occupant closed down in mid-december, and since then, fortunately, the place was closed down.

The problem with this place was the winds brought all the sounds towards us, even though at about 200 mts distance, and it did not help that they actually blasted the music full volume (when medio ambiente came to take samples they were at over 85 db at 200 mts).

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"dv" could you ask that "Guy On The Corner" if he could stand in front of chip's house and do his "Thing" from time to time?????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
We were in constant war for almost two years against a shack bar facing a very quit residential neighborhood, the place was located just on the main highway so I guess they thought they could do anything they wanted. Police, fiscal, environmental fiscal, police again, etc. The problem was they kept changing the administration (or better to say those who had the local rented) every 3 or so months (nobody could ever make any money there the place was always empty but blasting ***g music all day long late into the night) but always somehow the next renter thought they could make it work (fortunately they could not) so after their deposit ran out they moved. Then closed for a month, then the next "tour" began.

The last occupant closed down in mid-december, and since then, fortunately, the place was closed down.

The problem with this place was the winds brought all the sounds towards us, even though at about 200 mts distance, and it did not help that they actually blasted the music full volume (when medio ambiente came to take samples they were at over 85 db at 200 mts).

rubio, why is it that as soon as these places close down, after operating for 2 months, some fool opens them up again, doing exactly the same thing? do you think that each guy believes he knows something the other ape does not?

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I live in Santo Domingo with three colmodos within a two block walk and it's quiet ( normal street noise of traffic).
Now, when there is an event at Plaza Baron, like the Merengue festival then it gets loud.

Also as one other person posted when the folks with the penthouse three blocks away have a party that last until 2:00am it is annoying but hey, I would do the same if I had that place, so I can't complain and they have only had 1 since I've been here.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Now that deafening Semana Santa is past all is tranquil again here in ProCab, Cabarete. Just the occasional barking dog or rooster, and from the lagoon big frogs and birds don't know about a night-time curfew.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Costamber's own Dog Whisperer??? Hahahaha

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I forgot about all the yippy under-exercised chihuahuas and the howling dogs locked on balconies all day/night long. Sometimes I really fkucing hate my neighbours.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Av. Gustavo Mejia Ricart in Santo Domingo. This is a main street. Basically quiet after 8pm. Occasional dog barking and neighbouring business alarms going off. Building looks over a school so we hear the children in recess, but is cheerful noise. Noise has not been a problem.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
dv8 I need that guy about two to tree times at night. Ask him how much?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i forgot to mention that recently we are in a process of acquiring fourth cat, a homeless bastard who has noted a presence of the bottomless cat food bowl in our kitchen. we call him necio,and i like to think it translates into annoying asshole in english. he tends to announce his nocturnal arrivals by singing the song of his people. while sitting on a window in our bedroom. luckily it's nothing a well aimed pillow cannot fix.