Is it true that you have to stay for 30 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

costa

May 24, 2010
Guys, my wife, who is Dominican, landed in Punta Cana yesterday from Toronto Canada. She is telling me that the authorities have told her that she needs to stay in the country for 30 days. Is this a real law or am I being lied to? Thanks

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Guys, my wife, who is Dominican, landed in Punta Cana yesterday from Toronto Canada. She is telling me that the authorities have told her that she needs to stay in the country for 30 days. Is this a real law or am I being lied to? Thanks

She can't be lying to you, she's your wife for Pete's sake. She must have misunderstood. :rolleyes:

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Who the heck of a Dominicana wants to spend the winter in the snow and darkness.

Quite understandable imo. Not the possible lie, but the extended stay.
Agree 100% with the other posters, fishy and incredible stupid if true

Reactions: DonDimi

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
She's Dominican..... she has no time limit..... does she ??

She's a citizen............

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
She's Dominican..... she has no time limit..... does she ??

She's a citizen............

Also, countries, as far as I know, only put limits on how much you CAN stay, not how much you HAVE to stay... But yes, I can also stay any time I want in my own country...

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Maybe she misunderstood the stamp from immigration in her passport, 30 days.

She is married to the OP and may have canadian citizenship now?

Long shot, I know:D:ROFLMAO:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
He only has one passport but is proud to be a legal citizen of the DR unlike many other here, don’t see anything wrong with it.
More power to William. The citizenship process & test is more than I can endure.
But he can obtain the passport now ? How difficult is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.