Is it true that you have to stay for 30 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The new " covid medical/contact form " asks for an address where they can find you for the next 30 days. The wording is kind of confusing, maybe that is where this is coming from ?

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
More power to William. The citizenship process & test is more than I can endure.
But he can obtain the passport now ? How difficult is it ?
Getting citizenship is no hard labor, just a waiting game and we’ll worth it.

Same with passport now with Corona around, first passport was same day of naturalization and now the renewal took 8 weeks.
Did’t really needed for travel but leaving and entering the DR through the auto gate makes it work for me. Straight in and out without Immigration at all.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Maybe she misunderstood the stamp from immigration in her passport, 30 days.

She is married to the OP and may have canadian citizenship now?

Long shot, I know:D:ROFLMAO:
Even if she nationalized as a Canadian, in the Canadian passport where it says place of birth it will say whatever town in the DR she was born until the day she dies. There is no way to change this. The DR will always consider a Dominican citizen as Dominican on Dominican soil even if she's a citizen of other countries too.

Plus, there is no limit for Dominican nationals to be in the DR. In fact, Dominican citizens are the only ones that can buy a one way ticket from some other country to the DR and its perfectly legal and accepted. Everyone else needs a return ticket or you are not entering the country (in many cases not entering the airplane at the airport in the other country.)

• Haha
Reactions: CDNBear

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Even if she nationalized as a Canadian, in the Canadian passport where it says place of birth it will say whatever town in the DR she was born until the day she dies. There is no way to change this. The DR will always consider a Dominican citizen as Dominican on Dominican soil even if she's a citizen of other countries too.

Plus, there is no limit for Dominican nationals to be in the DR. In fact, Dominican citizens are the only ones that can buy a one way ticket from some other country to the DR and its perfectly legal and accepted. Everyone else needs a return ticket or you are not entering the country (in many cases not entering the airplane at the airport in the other country.)
Some countries don't allow dual citizenship. Would be great if what you say is true, I know one Dominicana who have entered with foreign passport and understands she must pay 8 years overstay. Return ticket, not so much needed/asked for during my numerous flights

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Very interesting.

I thought it would be the case only if you enter with the passport pertaining to the country. My children are dual citizens France/US and can only enter France with a one way ticket if they use their French Passport to check in (they weren't born in France). Similarly, they can't enter the US with their French passport on a one way ticket and without ESTA even though they are US born.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Some countries don't allow dual citizenship. Would be great if what you say is true, I know one Dominicana who have entered with foreign passport and understands she must pay 8 years overstay. Return ticket, not so much needed/asked for during my numerous flights
They will never say that she doesn't have to pay for obvious reasons, but simply pointing to place of birth on the passport or including a cédula with the foreign passport is enough to wave that requirement.

This response actually pertains to Africaida too.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
They will never say that she doesn't have to pay for obvious reasons, but simply pointing to place of birth on the passport or including a cédula with the foreign passport is enough to wave that requirement.

This response actually pertains to Africaida too.
Thanks NAL, she doesn't have a cédula any more. She had to give it back together with Dominican passport

But I shall inform her, hopefully it works

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
as Nails said,
a DR Citizen does not hve to use a DR passport to enter teh DR on a one way ticket and to leave DR without any overstay fees involved.
it is sufficient to leave your DR cedula in your foreign passport wjen you pass with your foreign passport the Immigrations lines for DR Citizens/Residents.
I do that with my daughter all the time, never a single word of anything told to us, it is always fine that way.
as long as those rules do not chnage, sp log i don't see any advantage to get my daughter her DR Passport, it is useless to us.
btw,
the above mentioned automated Immigrations Gates at PC Airport work with our European Union Passports, too.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Thanks NAL, she doesn't have a cédula any more. She had to give it back together with Dominican passport

But I shall inform her, hopefully it works
so she gave up her DR Citizenship?
in that case she is no DR Citizen anymore and has to follow the rules for foreigners from the country where she has citizenship now.
that means she enters on a 30days tourist card, pays teh usual overstay fees etc etc.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Maybe she misunderstood the stamp from immigration in her passport, 30 days.

She is married to the OP and may have canadian citizenship now?

Long shot, I know:D:ROFLMAO:
Yes, its a long shot ..
like its impossible .. it never happened ..
Just like the Kid....
oh never mind

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Citizens and RESIDENTS can enter on one way tix

As for her renouncing her RD citizenship --- I highly doubt it

Dual citizens should use the passport of the country they are entering......whichever that is
HOWEVER
in the USA it's the LAW.... you MUST enter on the US passport if you have one.....
My Yankee friends tell me.... Americans are loathe to get 2nd passports...what good does it do?
They are taxed on that US one..... no matter what

Two countries in the world tax on citizenship - the rest ?......Residency rules.
That second country is miniscule

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
as Nails said,
a DR Citizen does not hve to use a DR passport to enter teh DR on a one way ticket and to leave DR without any overstay fees involved.
it is sufficient to leave your DR cedula in your foreign passport wjen you pass with your foreign passport the Immigrations lines for DR Citizens/Residents.
I do that with my daughter all the time, never a single word of anything told to us, it is always fine that way.
as long as those rules do not chnage, sp log i don't see any advantage to get my daughter her DR Passport, it is useless to us.
btw,
the above mentioned automated Immigrations Gates at PC Airport work with our European Union Passports, too.
They are brand new, the auto gates at SDQ and STI only work with DR passport.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
They are brand new, the auto gates at SDQ and STI only work with DR passport.
and with German/EU Passports and some others, as shown on the announcement.
there are some few nationalities who's passportswork on the automated gates,
Gemans and Dominicans are on the listing, I honestly don't pay attention on the others, as we only have those 2 nationalities in the family, lol.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That may be true..... someone should check what other countries are permitted

Entering the UK, the auto gate takes my Cdn passport......

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Punta Cana has it..... theirs may be different

Auto Gate Experience

In 2018, Punta Cana International Airport implemented the well-known Auto Gates for passengers with biometric passports who are departing the Dominican Republic. It currently includes the American, Canadian, Spanish, Dutch, Swiss, British and French nationalities.

The result of this system in both terminals has been extremely favorable because it only takes eight seconds for a person to go through the Auto Gate, which represents an extraordinary speed that allows the passenger to spend more time enjoying the facilities of the airport and have better travel experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.