Is it true that you have to stay for 30 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Different from DGM regarding SDQ..........
=========================================
15 November, 2019
Migration calls using Auto Gate to expedite passenger traffic at airports during the holiday season

The General Directorate of Migration (DGM) urged Dominicans to make use of the Automated Passenger Registry system “ Auto Gate” to expedite traffic through the country’s airport terminals, in the high season that begins during the Christmas season.

To make use of the modern system, the institution informed that registration is available for free, at Las Américas International Airports , in Santo Domingo and Cibao , in Santiago de los Caballeros , 24 hours a day, as well as in Sambil shopping center from 8 in the morning to 6 in the afternoon and at the headquarters of the DGM , from 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon.

The DGM established the Automated Migration Control System (Auto Gate), whereby passengers entering and leaving the country can make optional use to reduce the check-in time and expedite the passport and identification review without long lines before the inspectors of migration.

Migration reminds that the registration in the Auto Gate system only applies to Dominican citizens , adults and it takes only a few minutes to enter the biometric data, fingerprints and photographs of people into the machines.

The General Director of Migration, Lieutenant General (r) ERD, Máximo William Muñoz Delgado , urged Dominican travelers to register for free in the modern system to expedite passenger traffic, which increases during the Christmas season.

COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE

Thursday, November 14, 2019

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
So - As I read it.... PUJ and the rest of country are not the same....different auto gate systems

Pretty odd..... but the PUJ people answer only to themselves, as we have seen

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
A few weeks back at JFK coming back to the DR they had one scanning machine at TSA that inspected your bag and all its contents WITHOUT removing your laptop or electronic items.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
the announcement about the implementation of the auto gates, i Listin Diario, did name all countries who can use the auto gates.
it sure was linked here on DR1 in the news section.

maybe talking about two different things, the is the new immigration kiosk in punta Cana and the older auto gate system like in SDQ.

the later I don’t believe it’s for anything else than DR passport.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I can not comment on the old(since a couple years existing) auto system in St Dgo, as i did not use that airport since 2 decadesor so, lol.
I was talking about the New inaugurated(just This week) 6 automated Kiosks at the Punta Cana Airport.
teh article was on Listin Diario and sure can still be found there.
it mentioned different nationalities who's passports work with the system, some i remember are Dominicans, Germans, US-Americans. theer been others mentioned, but i do not recall all countries.
it did not mention that it would be for adults only, like the older auto gate systems are.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The 2 systems are physically different if you see the articles......

The SDQ system says for Dominicans only... citizens
The PUJ system accepts several nationalities

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The 2 systems are physically different if you see the articles......

The SDQ system says for Dominicans only... citizens
The PUJ system accepts several nationalities
also a difference:
the old suystem, as in place for DR citizens in St Dgo, require's the travelers to register with the system first, before they can use it for the first time.
this is not the case on the new generation system in PC, here youjust need the appropriate passport of one of the participating countries and away you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.