Is Kissing and Public Displays of affection really Illegal

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I have read about this but want to know if for a fact is it true,
Cannot i not hold hands or kiss my GF in public?

What are the consequences, if any

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They arrest everyone for holding hands in Sosua.
But I think owning a cabaña is a good business

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
JAJAJAJA.
I read this in more than one source. I was dead serious. Here are a couple of examples of what i came across

"The Dominican Republic is a Christian country with prominent Catholic and evangelical communities.
Public displays of affection (such as hand-holding or kissing) between opposite or same-sex couples are uncommon"

"Yes, kissing in public is illegal in the Dominican Republic, when I refer to “kissing” I don’t mean small kisses or greetings, but rather prolonged kisses.
A couple displaying an intimate encounter in a public space may be subject to sanction if discovered by authorities".

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
JAJAJAJA.
I read this in more than one source. I was dead serious. Here are a couple of examples of what i came across

"The Dominican Republic is a Christian country with prominent Catholic and evangelical communities.
Public displays of affection (such as hand-holding or kissing) between opposite or same-sex couples are uncommon"

"Yes, kissing in public is illegal in the Dominican Republic, when I refer to “kissing” I don’t mean small kisses or greetings, but rather prolonged kisses.
A couple displaying an intimate encounter in a public space may be subject to sanction if discovered by authorities".
Seriously? 😂

Reactions: chicagoan14

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
The ofense of exhibitionism is regulated in Article 185 of the Dominican Criminal Code… but yet I seen topless French women on Sosua beach other day ..

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
The ofense of exhibitionism is regulated in Article 185 of the Dominican Criminal Code… but yet I seen topless French women on Sosua beach other day ..
pero que es Sosua no las calles de Santo Domingo. Ya no mas escribo en ingles. Solo Pienso y escribo y hablo en espanol. Igual que estuve en Cuba

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
A friend of mine was caught canoodling with her boyfriend in front of the Basilica in Higuey. They were actually dragged over to the police station and threatened with arrest. The police were terribly offended and the couple were warned to get out of town and not come back anytime soon.
But then again...that was about twenty five years ago.
Things have probably changed since then.