Is Kissing and Public Displays of affection really Illegal

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
A few years ago I gave my friend girl a playful tap on her rump after leaving a restaurant. I'm sure no one noticed. She quickly turned around and told me never to do that in public! "Why not"? I asked. "Because only putas let men touch them like that in public".

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
A few years ago I gave my friend girl a playful tap on her rump after leaving a restaurant. I'm sure no one noticed. She quickly turned around and told me never to do that in public! "Why not"? I asked. "Because only putas let men touch them like that in public".
ouch!!!! Maybe she was overly sensitive.. I've seen what goes on in the clubs and not all those women are putas

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

I believe that. Despite what some think, a lot of Dominicans are conservative when it comes to that. I just had a flashback to decades ago, I found an old ankle bracelet in my jewelry box. Mr AE told me I was not to wear that in DR. Apparently only putas wore them. Maybe things are different now.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
No issue with getting grabby while dancing in a club. I think it was being on the street that bothered her.
That is exactly correct .. In the Club, almost anything goes, as long as she is receptive to it .. think Dirty dancing on Steroids ... but on the street its a big No No ..
So if you like a " nice" girl , show her respect in front of her family especially, and then take her Dancing ,, its a complete free for all on that dance floor .
and yeagh , stop kissing up on girls in public, seriously no one wants to see that .
This ain't Italy or France .

Not sure how some people/ Tourists cant grasp this simple concept .

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The ofense of exhibitionism is regulated in Article 185 of the Dominican Criminal Code… but yet I seen topless French women on Sosua beach other day ..
Some beaches which are frequented by Europeans tend to tolerate topless sunbathing, but not outside of that. Do topless sunbathing in Playa Dorada and then do the same at Long Beach and see what happens. Dominicans in general frown upon that.

Heck, there was a time when we went to Playa Dorada (we are extended family including some aunts) and there were two young woman topless on the beach. While none of the guys were complaining, the women in the group were yapping about that, how those women are "sin vergüenzas," that those women need to cover up, "qué se creen," etc. That visit was cut short, to say the least. lol

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
It is a well known fact that the most hardcore of club goers in the DR have prolific collections of Haitian and Dominican art. On a side note, Larry David has caught wind of these threads, and would like to contact the OP in the hope of writing a mockumetary. Carry on....
Hey, this guy is a real tool. I was simply trying to point out that I had been to a club before and I also collect art. Nothing exciting here

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It is a well known fact that the most hardcore of club goers in the DR have prolific collections of Haitian and Dominican art. On a side note, Larry David has caught wind of these threads, and would like to contact the OP in the hope of writing a mockumetary. Carry on....
LOL @ "caught wind of these treads". Meaning like wind from a fart in church.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Hey, this guy is a real tool. I was simply trying to point out that I had been to a club before and I also collect art. Nothing exciting here
He/She said, you said.. What really is the truth? Live here, do that...You need to be "boots" on the ground.

Last edited: