Is lamb a meat you enjoy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I just want to say that I've been to Shirley's farm with my girls, seen her lambs, horses, cattle, dogs, birds etc etc etc and she's a lovely lady and very hospitable. So I'm assuming that she's not the person that you're all thinking she may be......;)

No Galeria de vino on this farm?

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Wait a minute.
Something doesn't compute.
How could some Britts live in Pata De Gallina and not know Lyin Brian?

I have been to the fincas of both. Shirley and Charlie are two of the nicest and most hospitable folks you'll ever meet. A very nice little operation they have. And no, they don't make moonshine. Regarding Brian........no comment.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have been to the fincas of both. Shirley and Charlie are two of the nicest and most hospitable folks you'll ever meet. A very nice little operation they have. And no, they don't make moonshine. Regarding Brian........no comment.
Thanks for clearing that up, Tom.
The level of coincidence was too much.
But I know and trust you and thank you very much.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
I don't think I have mentioned that I do or don't know anyone......
Hey Shirley, In case you don't recognize my poster name, My wife Mary and I were the ones who came to your place with Marc and Kate and Paul Thate. If I neglected to say it before, thanks for a very interesting afternoon. We'll look you up when we get back, maybe buy a lamb and have y'all over for dinner.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Who is 'Lyin' Brian'?

So come on all you 'oldtimer's'.......what's the secret.....spill the beans and enlighten us...........who is the elusive 'Lyin' Brian' that Rocky mentions.......and should we be very afraid?........or rather should Shirley be very afraid! :cheeky: .......... Maybe somebody ought to PM her if it's not for 'public consumption' or against board regulations to tell it how it is. I'd also be interested to know.........just because I'm nosy really........;)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks Tom for your supporting comments - we look forward to meeting you and Mary again when you are next in "town".

Thanks Sharlene for your support too - when we meet for lunch perhaps we should invite all the 'doubting Thomas' to join us so I can prove my identity!!

With regard to the question about where I live.... I sent a pm to apostropheman when he asked me back at the beginning of April.

Lenny

May 19, 2007
No Comment

I have been to the fincas of both. Shirley and Charlie are two of the nicest and most hospitable folks you'll ever meet. A very nice little operation they have. And no, they don't make moonshine. Regarding Brian........no comment.[/QUOT

HUH! I am currently staying at Zipper's ranch in Bonao ( my third visit here) and could not help myself from responding to your comment. I read this forum often but have never joined. However your quoted comment makes me come to the defense of a gracious host. I seem to remember You and I both turned up, separately and uninvited to Brian's Finca. You were with a male friend and I with my Novia. We were greeted and welcomed handsomely. I had not met you before but I seem to remember you consumed a little too much of the freely flowing alcohol,(very professionally made, I might add, having seen the winery) and despite warnings concerning the proof, had to be helped to your car, fortunately your friend was driving. I also seem to remember you were carrying a couple of bottles that you promised to pay for later. Is this the reason for "NO COMMENT" You were too drunk to remember. Did you ever pay for them? I intend to visit the Bodega again this trip but by prior arrangement this time. Maybe I'll find out.

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have been to the fincas of both. Shirley and Charlie are two of the nicest and most hospitable folks you'll ever meet. A very nice little operation they have. And no, they don't make moonshine. Regarding Brian........no comment.[/QUOT

HUH! I am currently staying at Zipper's ranch in Bonao ( my third visit here) and could not help myself from responding to your comment. I read this forum often but have never joined. However your quoted comment makes me come to the defense of a gracious host. I seem to remember You and I both turned up, separately and uninvited to Brian's Finca. You were with a male friend and I with my Novia. We were greeted and welcomed handsomely. I had not met you before but I seem to remember you consumed a little too much of the freely flowing alcohol,(very professionally made, I might add, having seen the winery) and despite warnings concerning the proof, had to be helped to your car, fortunately your friend was driving. I also seem to remember you were carrying a couple of bottles that you promised to pay for later. Is this the reason for "NO COMMENT" You were too drunk to remember. Did you ever pay for them? I intend to visit the Bodega again this trip but by prior arrangement this time. Maybe I'll find out.

I can only treat this with the contempt it deserves!!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Did someone leave the sock drawer open again?
All we are missing is Squiggy.

tambo'

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have a feeling they might have done tambo
And the real Dufus makes a cameo appearance............
Imagine him accusing Camden Tom of stiffing him.
What a lark.:squareeye
Seems to me I remember him openly accusing his ex lawyer on the internet of stiffing him too, and now he's getting his arse sued, :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:
You gonna sue him too, Tom?
The more the merrier.
Maybe he'll finally hit the road and get the heck out of this country.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
He seems to pop up every once in a while like a bad penny.
4zszfo7.jpg

tambo'

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Son locos todos.....

And the real Dufus makes a cameo appearance............
Imagine him accusing Camden Tom of stiffing him.
What a lark.:squareeye
Seems to me I remember him openly accusing his ex lawyer on the internet of stiffing him too, and now he's getting his arse sued, :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:
You gonna sue him too, Tom?
The more the merrier.
Maybe he'll finally hit the road and get the heck out of this country.
"The Rock", I asked a "joke" a question the other day and now I will ask you the same question:

What is it about DR1 that some of these MORONS can't stay away?.

Based on these losers actions, it's like their lives have no meaning if they don't find a way to post here after being "waved adios".

For the love of God, I know DR1 is great but some of these chartoon character truly need a new hobby!.

Isn't there a site where all DR1 rejects gather?. I believe it's called Life In The DR, or some schit like that.

DR1.com: Easy to imitate, hard to beat!!.

Don't believe me, ask DRSol.com, wahahahahahahaha!!.

Hey Tambo:

Where's Lenny, Laverne, Shirley and Carmine?.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002

If "Lenny" and his novia were there, they must have been hiding in the bushes, as there were only three of us sitting on the porch. In addition, I haven't over indulged in the last 20 years. And "Lenny", try to change your writing style a little bit. If you want to be believable, you need to be a little less transparent.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
So, do y'all enjoy eating lamb? ;)
(Tired of saying Back on Topic!)

Is there any way that it is possible to keep these messages along the lines of the original topic without people managing to change them entirely to their own personal "vendettas"?!!! Anyone interested in my orginal thread about lamb would be bored to death after reading the first couple of pages.... perhaps it would be an idea to close this thread and possibly, just possibly, I will start again and give it another go sometime, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.