Is LIFE REALLY That Difficult?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Like I stated in another thread, I hate cliches. If you have to hypnotize yourself with these pep-talks into living a better life than you really have no clue how to get out of your own way.

"Life is what you make it...Winners never quit and quitters never win..." And on and on. Makes me want to puke.

Miguel, life IS difficult. For some people who have not been adequately prepared by their upbringing and education to face life's' challenges life can resemble a death march, with every occurrence big or small threatening to knock them completely out of the game.

So yes Miguel, to you many things are obvious but to another person who does not think like you they are not.

You never can tell how emotionally crippled someone is until you see how they behave when they are in a relationship when it is going wrong or when anything else bad happens.

So my advice-put down the Deepak Chopra book, send back those Tony Robbins videos for your money back and keep walking past the guy who sells incense on the street. None of that crap works.

Go to the DR and hang out with people who know how to live and enjoy life even though they don't half of what we have here in NA.

Where REAL disasters can happen to you if you don't have the money to fix a problem or a health issue-y todavia pa' lante que van!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Where REAL disasters can happen to you if you don't have the money to fix a problem or a health issue-y todavia pa' lante que van!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are some circumstances where all the money in the world cannot solve the issue.... and I almost forgot my favourite cliche "persistence is the only thing that failure cannot live with!!"

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Exacto.....

For normal people, that would be a divine advice.

However, there are people that love being miserable.

They complain of the present, expect the worst possible outcome for the future, have a deep sense of fatalism towards everything; and because of that they are miserable.

And yet, its all a state of mind, but hey, try telling that to those who love being miserable. It will be to no avail.

For positive people, stick to your kind and to the miserable one's; good luck, or should I say bad luck since miserable people never expect anything good.

-NALs
EXACTOMUNDO.....

SOME people, I think, I just born miserable...Or some it seem.

How many people you know that no matter how great their lives is, are so miserable that nothing makes them happy.

What's worse is that they try to "pass" their negative energy to whomever give them the time of day.

There was this guy at work that all you needed to do was to ask him "how are you doing?", for him to start telling you how miserable he was.

It went like this:

Me: "good morning, how are you?",

Him: "shyt, I am so sick of this job, I just started and all I am thinking is that I should go home right now...Only if it wasn't so fricking disgusting outside and only if my darn wife wasn't home...I hate this job, the weather, my life and everybody".

Me: "ok, take your negative energy some place else and forget I asked you how you were doing".

Needless to say, when he asked how come I never said "hi" to him again, all I told him was that "I don't want you to put me in a bad mood so early in the morning with all your unhappy nonsense".

And that was that!....Don't want to be associated with someone who "hates the world"!!!!!!!!!!.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
De verdad?.....

Like I stated in another thread, I hate cliches. If you have to hypnotize yourself with these pep-talks into living a better life than you really have no clue how to get out of your own way.

"Life is what you make it...Winners never quit and quitters never win..." And on and on. Makes me want to puke.

Miguel, life IS difficult. For some people who have not been adequately prepared by their upbringing and education to face life's' challenges life can resemble a death march, with every occurrence big or small threatening to knock them completely out of the game.

So yes Miguel, to you many things are obvious but to another person who does not think like you they are not.

You never can tell how emotionally crippled someone is until you see how they behave when they are in a relationship when it is going wrong or when anything else bad happens.

So my advice-put down the Deepak Chopra book, send back those Tony Robbins videos for your money back and keep walking past the guy who sells incense on the street. None of that crap works.

Go to the DR and hang out with people who know how to live and enjoy life even though they don't half of what we have here in NA.

Yes, you keep reminding us you hate "cliches" BUUUUT you sure keep posting on "cliche's" threads..

Berzin, Berzin, Berzin.....So much for you to learn and I have so little time on earth.

We are NOT talking about money here but since you mentioned it....:

When a person has a positive mind-set, a strong mind, it doesn't matter is that person is rich or poor, they will find a way to put their minds at ease. Having a positive attitude has nothing to do with money.

There are people that are rich and miserable just like there are people that are poor and happy.

Ever witnessed a household, rich or poor, educated or not, where there is always ONE member who is mad at the world?.

Three last things I will tell you:

1- There's NOTHING about the DR you can tell me that I have seen with my own eyes.

You started to "notice" what goes on in the DR a few "days ago"...I, on the other hand, more than 40 years. (Remember, I DO "mingle" with ALLLL walks of life).

2- DO NOT insult my intelligence with your "Deepak Chopra" and "Tony Robbins" nonsense!.....If you think a person needs a stupid book to tell them about the facts of life, or how to think, man, you are up for a rude awakening!.

3- When you are ready to puke, go look at the mirror and think the person looking back is your worse enemy and them "let the puke go", whahahahahaha!!.

(Better yet, look at the ceiling, open your mouth and then "let the puke go", wahahahaha).

Last edited:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
See, to some of us here all these things that are going on in the world are SO NEW. I am just learning I guess. That is why I read and post and not because I like to complain and feel miserable and cannot get over anything. I cannot say that I have a negative mind set. Everything that is going on around me is very interesting to me - like why do people do and say things they do and say - there is so much to learn :glasses: My own curiosity gets me in trouble all the time unfortunately ...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
See, to some of us here all these things that are going on in the world are SO NEW. I am just learning I guess. That is why I read and post and not because I like to complain and feel miserable and cannot get over anything. I cannot say that I have a negative mind set. Everything that is going on around me is very interesting to me - like why do people do and say things they do and say - there is so much to learn :glasses: My own curiosity gets me in trouble all the time unfortunately ...

You have exactly the right attitude but just sometimes the world shatters when you least expect it.... keep up your positive attitude and never lose your curiosity

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
EXACTOMUNDO.....

SOME people, I think, I just born miserable...Or some it seem.

How many people you know that no matter how great their lives is, are so miserable that nothing makes them happy.

What's worse is that they try to "pass" their negative energy to whomever give them the time of day.
Yes, I think everyone knows a few people like that. I have a hard time understanding the purpose of being miserable all the time.

The greatest weakness in most people is the lack of self-confidence and that translates into low self-esteem, pessimism, and an overall negative unpleasant personality.

The sad part is that most people are not even aware of how they keep themselves down and put themselves at a disadvantage. Its all subconscious, and quite frankly the mind makes no distinction between constructive and destructive thinking. It works with the material we feed it, through our thought impulses, and it will translate into reality a thought driven by fear just as readily as it will translate into reality a thought driven by courage or faith. By faith, I don't mean religious, although that could be, but I mean faith in one's ability to accomplish goals and be what one wants to be rather than simply wishing for it. Its everyone's personal responsibility to make sure that positive emotions constitute the dominating influence of their minds.

Many people believe they are "doomed" to bad luck, poverty, and/or failure, because of some strange force over which they believe they have no control. What many of those people fail to understand is that they are the creators of their own "misfortunes," because of this negative belief, which is picked up by the mind and translated into its physical equivalent.

Anyone who doubts the power of thought, truly needs to revise him/herself. Everything people do, they first think about doing prior to actually doing it. You think about standing, before you actually stand up. You think about eating, before you actually eat. You think about logging into DR1, before you log on. You think about sex, before you have any. You think about what you will do, before you do it!

If you think positively, then you will live a positive life, most of the time. If, however, you think negatively, not only will you be miserable, but you will make everyone around you miserable too and little by little, the smartest people avoid you and all that will be left is a group of virtual degenerates, a cesspool of destructive and negative thinking that brings down morale, the self-esteem, it even erodes the purpose for living.

Hence, I don't understand the joy of being miserable, but there are people that love being miserable.

I'm not one of them and I often shove to the side such pathetic people.

-NALs

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Vaya, que cheveron....

There are some circumstances where all the money in the world cannot solve the issue.... and I almost forgot my favourite cliche "persistence is the only thing that failure cannot live with!!"
You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!.....Just ask those billionaires dying of cancer.

Btw, I like your favorite cliche'....Keep them coming.

Edited to add:

Christa, I don't think you are on the same page NALs is.

Alyonka, I can even begin to reply to you....Don't even know where to start. Wahahahaha

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Pues claro que si......

Yes, I think everyone knows a few people like that. I have a hard time understanding the purpose of being miserable all the time.

The greatest weakness in most people is the lack of self-confidence and that translates into low self-esteem, pessimism, and an overall negative unpleasant personality.

Its everyone's personal responsibility to make sure that positive emotions constitute the dominating influence of their minds.

Many people believe they are "doomed" to bad luck, poverty, and/or failure, because of some strange force over which they believe they have no control. What many of those people fail to understand is that they are the creators of their own "misfortunes," because of this negative belief, which is picked up by the mind and translated into its physical equivalent.

Anyone who doubts the power of thought, truly needs to revise him/herself. Everything people do, they first think about doing prior to actually doing it. You think about standing, before you actually stand up. You think about eating, before you actually eat. You think about logging into DR1, before you log on. You think about sex, before you have any. You think about what you will do, before you do it!

If you think positively, then you will live a positive life, most of the time. If, however, you think negatively, not only will you be miserable, but you will make everyone around you miserable too and little by little, the smartest people avoid you and all that will be left is a group of virtual degenerates, a cesspool of destructive and negative thinking that brings down morale, the self-esteem, it even erodes the purpose for living.

Hence, I don't understand the joy of being miserable, but there are people that love being miserable.

I'm not one of them and I often shove to the side such pathetic people.

-NALs
I personally know a few people like that...I just stay away from them!.

One of the reasons I am so picky when selecting my friends is because I don't want to be around someone whose main topic is a "sad song".

Granted, EVERYBODY have problems and we want to be "there" for our friends, but there comes a time when we have to say "enough" if all they do is bytch and complain about EVERYTHING, ALLLLLL THE TIME!!.

Knowing how to deal with your problems and solving them without thinking the world is coming to an end, is what makes a person strong.

In the past, I had friends that ALL they did was complain and complain about EVERYTHING under the sun.

Finding a solution to their problems was out of the question as they were already used to feeling miserable.

When I started asking myself: "should I invite this person over knowing full well that all he/she will talk about is negative things and what's wrong with his/her world?", that's when I realized that, for my own sanity, it was better if they became just acquaintances.

A "serial" complaining WILL bring ANYBODY down!!.

I actually have a very close family member who complains so much about life that I have to think for about 3 days, just to get the nerves to call her....There's nothing I can do as I respect her a lot and she has been a part of my life for close to 46 years......

BUUUUT little does she knows that since her complains are so LOOOOONG (without pause), I put the phone down all the time!!. Wahahahahahaha!!.

Que malo soy!!.

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
I personally know a few people like that...I just stay away from them!.

One of the reasons I am so picky when selecting my friends is because I don't want to be around someone whose main topic is a "sad song".

Granted, EVERYBODY have problems and we want to be "there" for our friends, but there comes a time when we have to say "enough" if all they do is bytch and complain about EVERYTHING, ALLLLLL THE TIME!!.

Knowing how to deal with your problems and solving them without thinking the world is coming to an end, is what makes a person strong.

In the past, I had friends that ALL they did was complain and complain about EVERYTHING under the sun.

Finding a solution to their problems was out of the question as they were already used to feeling miserable.

When I started asking myself: "should I invite this person over knowing full well that all he/she will talk about is negative things and what's wrong with his/her world?", that's when I realized that, for my own sanity, it was better if they became just acquaintances.

A "serial" complaining WILL bring ANYBODY down!!.

I actually have a very close family member who complains so much about life that I have to think for about 3 days, just to get the nerves to call her....There's nothing I can do as I respect her a lot and she has been a part of my life for close to 46 years......

BUUUUT little does she knows that since her complains are so LOOOOONG (without pause), I put the phone down all the time!!. Wahahahahahaha!!.

Que malo soy!!.

I am in the same Dilema, I keep the phone to me ear, but work on my weekly agenda during her pitty party, and add some "oh realy, oh yeah" once in a while.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am in the same Dilema, I keep the phone to me ear, but work on my weekly agenda during her pitty party, and add some "oh realy, oh yeah" once in a while.

but you have not just lost a 30 year old son, do I feeel sorry for myself? Yes of course I do - its something that you can't just get over

Status
Not open for further replies.