Is the curfew ending 17 May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2009
Many of those fretting right now are not concerned about family members here, as for the reason you mentioned above.
Their true preoccupation is that their novias, or in some circumstances novios are spending their Western Union money on other things besides food/rent/meds, and what it is they are actually doing during those open hours of the toque de queda when they can't answer their WhatsApp calls.
Ay chi-chi.
Es que no había señal, More. Se fue la luz y se me descargó el cel.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
1589825450304.png

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
thanks Carlos.
but leaving us politics out means to not evaluate half of the planets troubles on the theme.
but of course i agree and will leave my mentioning of the trueth out of my posts.
WW
it is just 5PM here o Punta Cana,
til this time of day my only walk to the fridge is to take out the milk i need to pour into my coffee.
beeing with my family locked in voluntarily at home since friday march 13th, did not make any of us a alcoholic.
the opposite, i drink way more alcohol when i am out socializing with my buddies, then when at home with my girls and boys.
but that may be different for each on their individual likings, of course.
to each their own.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
thanks Carlos.
but leaving us politics out means to not evaluate half of the planets troubles on the theme.
but of course i agree and will leave my mentioning of the trueth out of my posts.
WW
it is just 5PM here o Punta Cana,
til this time of day my only walk to the fridge is to take out the milk i need to pour into my coffee.
beeing with my family locked in voluntarily at home since friday march 13th, did not make any of us a alcoholic.
the opposite, i drink way more alcohol when i am out socializing with my buddies, then when at home with my girls and boys.
but that may be different for each on their individual likings, of course.
to each their own.
I agree with it being hard to leave out the
politics during this stay at home nonsense.
I also agree when you say/ tend to consume my alcohol while out socializing.

After talking with my friends here in Santiago, I'd say this whole thing has been a lot worse for the children than the adults.
When ya older, you come to learn, for better or worse, most things will pass and soon be forgotten but when you are a young child you've yet to experience the roller coaster.

And might I add
I strongly disagree with pouring milk into
coffee....hope it wasn't soy.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Just curious, will the curfew end for the beach also end Wednesday (meaning you can walk it during the day till 7 pm). I'm getting mixed answers??? Im talking about about Cabarete, miss my evening walks :)

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I agree with it being hard to leave out the
politics during this stay at home nonsense.
I also agree when you say/ tend to consume my alcohol while out socializing.

After talking with my friends here in Santiago, I'd say this whole thing has been a lot worse for the children than the adults.
When ya older, you come to learn, for better or worse, most things will pass and soon be forgotten but when you are a young child you've yet to experience the roller coaster.

And might I add
I strongly disagree with pouring milk into
coffee....hope it wasn't soy.
i would not like my coffee without milk, but each has their own likes.
children are off as good as their parents treat them.
i am 55 and have our children of 9-17 years of age here at home since lockdown.
we have also older children, but those kiddoes are adults and behave each fine in their own home since.
i would never consume Your alcohol, i always only consume what i can myself afford to purchase/consume(and without any fiao, lol).
beeing out sozialincing is something that actually seem's to be something out of the history books,
as i am with my family here at home in voluntary self quarantine since friday march 13th alreay.
we did not need any Duck to tell us to take own precautions, or we most likely would still be out there "socializing your drinks", hahaha.
it is part of life that our children have to experience their life's own rollercoasters,
but while growing up(there is no real timeline by what age each child is "grown up") we Adults are the ones who have to give their best to bring a good suitable timeline out, which allows our youngsters to be guided but at the same time not slaved on a Daddy's guideline.
life is a compromise between many things and a steady rollercoaster of everything.
i guess you have children, too,
so you may agree with me that there are things You/We did in our youth, we try to prevent our children to do,
but the same time we know that some "kinks"in life are some of the most precous and most educational stuff of our same lifes, too.
to be guided and to be free, could be contradict and also on the right balance be the perfect mixture.
none is perfect, we just give our best to make it the perfect balance.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if i got it right, when first the closures been announced,
a beach was a public come together place like children's playgrounds, public parks etc etc.
those are still all closed, no gatherings allowed.
it is at 1st phase only the mentioned businesses allowed to reopen and under the given restrictions as about max number of employees etc.
public recreational spaces like parks etc are still closed,
my understanding is that beaches count towards those recreational public spaces.
but thats just my own understanding, i have no link to show anywhere that a beach is mentioned directly.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Beaches are still closed. Being able to walk on one depends on who is watching at the time and whether they feel like leaving the shade.

"Being able to walk on one depends on who is watching at the time and"......which chismoso decides to make a phone call. Just ask ww.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just curious, will the curfew end for the beach also end Wednesday (meaning you can walk it during the day till 7 pm). I'm getting mixed answers??? Im talking about about Cabarete, miss my evening walks :)
The beaches will probably be among the last things to legally open. Otherwise there will be the potential for big crowds. If they let you on, they have to let everyone on.

That is based upon multi-step unofficial schedules previously leaked.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
if i got it right, when first the closures been announced,
a beach was a public come together place like children's playgrounds, public parks etc etc.
those are still all closed, no gatherings allowed.
it is at 1st phase only the mentioned businesses allowed to reopen and under the given restrictions as about max number of employees etc.
public recreational spaces like parks etc are still closed,
my understanding is that beaches count towards those recreational public spaces.
but thats just my own understanding, i have no link to show anywhere that a beach is mentioned directly.
Agreed that beaches are part of the public recreation areas and would be the last phase of reopening. Just like in that leaked unofficial multi-phased reopening plan.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Like you, I fully support the "new normal".
People should only be allowed to live as
their Government says they can live.
I do not live like this because the Government says I should...I live like this because I choose to do so and it is the better of two evils.
My culture is not governed by Legislature but by Natural Law Ethics , Common sense and past experiences.
The fact that I support the present Government is simply stated ;"I am a guest here and firmly believe that as a guest I have an obligation to respect their rules and regulations. I have been A-political all my life and shall continue to do so."
Assume nothing.
Russell

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Agreed that beaches are part of the public recreation areas and would be the last phase of reopening. Just like in that leaked unofficial multi-phased reopening plan.
Sad.
The beaches were the first thing they
re-opened in Jacksonville, FL a few weeks ago (which is where I'm heading as soon as AA allows)
No spike in cases up there. Shame
this Government is so stuck on stupid.

Reactions: Garyexpat
Sep 22, 2009
Sad.
The beaches were the first thing they
re-opened in Jacksonville, FL a few weeks ago (which is where I'm heading as soon as AA allows)
No spike in cases up there. Shame
this Government is so stuck on stupid.
The Dominican Republic and Florida are two different models. I guess it's easy to blame the government. I personally don't have any expertise in re-opening an economy post pandemic. To be honest, the beaches and other natural habitats can use the rest. I also never understood folks' obsession with the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.