Is the DR more or less classist than the United States?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1HumanRace

Dec 5, 2005
www.mixedfolks.com
:tired:
Ricardo900 said:
hahaha, very good translation and I guess that pretty much sums it up.
I feel sorry for her a kid. Does anyone have the number for BCW?
Appaluse to all of you. I have not understood a thing you said but thanks for the raise.:rambo:

1HumanRace

Dec 5, 2005
www.mixedfolks.com
The only reasons Latinos are so called "proud" of their country is because they are really insecure about themselves. The whole "we are proud of who we are" thing is useless and frankly getting old.

thepiper

Jan 25, 2005
1HumanRace said:
I want to find out what kind of people are infiltrating my country and my life. BTW I have spent a lot of UNWANTED time around a lot of racist dick-headed Spanish people in my lifetime. I wanted to think positively about certain people but it never ended-up happening.

First of all latinos are infiltrating "your country" just like every one else that lives there did. Except of course for the native indians. And, NYC is my home town and I spent a lot of UNWANTED time around white, black, orange racist dickheads, so what is your point? If you truly are a New Yorker, than I am sure you have seen the Italian flags in the bumpers of camaros or the bars with all the Irish trimings and you have heard of neiborhoods like China Town. I was once in Harlem and I could not understand a word that people where saying because I am not fluent in Ebonics. And when I was growing up in Queens at the best pizza shop in town you would make an order and someone would yell to the cooks in Italian. Never had a problem with that, as a matter of fact that I believe is the best part of being a New Yorker, but I guess not all New Yorkers feal this way.

New Yorkers have a bagle for breakfast, a slice for lunch and for diner arroz y habichuela con carne which in my house was caiiine.

So please you human race hater take your lies and your hate elsewhere. The world is full of mistakes made by miopic people just like you.

drminy

Nov 12, 2005
1HumanRace said:
:tired:
Appaluse to all of you. I have not understood a thing you said but thanks for the raise.:rambo:

You are frustratingly ignorant. I find this statement purposely sarcastic. You obviuosly have a lot to learn, i feel sorry for you

Last edited by a moderator:

Its_where_I_Belong

Nov 5, 2005
RE:1HumanRace

Man, you made a fool of yourself. I do believe that there is 1 human race, so why in the world did you point out latinos at first.

Imagine if I go to any midwest state in the USA and I start to bash about white anglo-saxon american people:eek:

I'd get kill!

And here is from a great philosopher ;) ...me:

..." Discrimination is the biggest proof of ignorance of a human being" ...but then again I wouldn't dare calling you an ignorant...but...start using a mirror, you might not like what you see!

Cheers to everyone else.

Alain (My name not a nick)

atienoor

Mar 8, 2004
Issues?

Nothing seems to have changed since I last graced these debates. Anyway,I am still hoping that someday, some posters will grow up and that we may soon read sensible postings without juvenile intrusion.

And yes, I tend to think that the illusion of class and refinement is more defined in the DR than in the US.

That said, there are some decent Dominicans from all social strata.

What amuses me are the foreigners who join this ridiculous song and dance.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
atienoor said:
Nothing seems to have changed since I last graced these debates...

"graced"? sure, Your Highness.

atienoor said:
...That said, there are some decent Dominicans from all social strata.

go ahead and add, "...but not that many"

atienoor said:
What amuses me are the foreigners who join this ridiculous song and dance.

like Queen Victoria?

Well, 'Queen Atienoor' does have a ring to it, more like a ring around her neck...

-

-

atienoor

Mar 8, 2004
Indeed Mirador.

But that is not the point now, is it?

Speaking from a superficial point of view, I maintain that class seems to be important in the DR.

With regard to the "some decent Dominicans" I can only speak about those that I know well enough to draw profound conclusions. If I knew many, then perhaps I could speak add the phrase you have kindly thought on my behalf.

As for the Queen Atienoor, I guess I now have a new way of looking at myself ... and I guess you. And just incase you are warpped up in semantics, I meant that I am amused by some foreigners who come to the DR and join in the class game.

Till I "grace" this message board with my "queenly" presence again, tata.

Jan 3, 2003
I feel your pain 1HR

1HumanRace said:
I want to find out what kind of people are infiltrating my country and my life. BTW I have spent a lot of UNWANTED time around a lot of racist dick-headed Spanish people in my lifetime. I wanted to think positively about certain people but it never ended-up happening.

Isn't it bad when you have foreigners in your own country telling you how things are to be done? In your own country, appalling. Yourself, a natural born citizen I assume and these outsiders are dictating policy to you. How sad. It's no small wonder that a recent wave of anti-immigrant sentiment is gaining strength in America. What will the anglo-saxon majority in America do?
What will dominicans do in the DR?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Onions/Carrots said:
Isn't it bad when you have foreigners in your own country telling you how things are to be done? In your own country, appalling. Yourself, a natural born citizen I assume and these outsiders are dictating policy to you. How sad. It's no small wonder that a recent wave of anti-immigrant sentiment is gaining strength in America. What will the anglo-saxon majority in America do?
What will dominicans do in the DR?
Bad? It may not be bad per se. Sad yes, bad well that depends.

Regarding the DR, read any history book on the country and one simple reality keeps screaming out of each page after page after page, DOMINICANS HAVE BEEN RULED BY FOREIGNERS FOR MOST OF THE HISTORY OF THE COUNTRY.

In fact, the DR has always been told what to do by foreigners:

- During the time it was a colony, what was to become the DR was ruled from Madrid and for a time from Paris. Dominican interests were hardly considered.

-After independence, the Haitians invaded, ruled, and fought to maintain their power. Aside from liberating the slaves not much was done for the DR, everything was done for the benefit of Port-au-Prince. Regarding the liberation of the slaves, it was something that was going to happen whether the Haitians helped or not. Look at every other country in this hemisphere, they had no Haitian interference and managed to free their slaves too. While the liberating of the slaves was a positive action from the part of the Haitians, its not something that was not going to happen under Dominican self rule. By this day and age, the DR would have been slave free whether the Haitians had liberated them or not.

In any case, soon followed the French, the Spaniards for a second time, and culminating with the Americans (the Americans at first placed their interests above Dominican interest, now at least they consider some of Dominican interest in their prescriptions for the country of what the country needs to do to remain a friend of the US).

-Every presidency/dictator/caudillo the country has had has made decisions with the interest of foreign nations in mind, then again these leaders had little choice. The only other interest present was that of their own pockets. Not much was left for the country.

So yes, it's sad that foreigners are constantly telling Dominicans how life should be, what should be done, how should things be done, so on and so forth.

Look at the results of following foreign advise, mostly mediocre.

Real autonomy and independence is something reserved for the rich nations of the world, every other nation is only allowed to believe they are independent, but the colonialism never really ended. It simply changed its name. :tired:

Having said this, the country (historically at least) has been doing relatively better under the influence of the Americans than under the influence of any other power. Despite this, look at the results.

Aaah, the dream of being free... it may simply be a dream and nothing more.

-NALs

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2003
Exactly , my point

NALs said:
Bad? It may not be bad per se. Sad yes, bad well that depends.

Real autonomy and independence is something reserved for the rich nations of the world, every other nation is only allowed to believe they are independent, but the colonialism never really ended. It simply changed its name. :tired:

Having said this, the country (historically at least) has been doing relatively better under the influence of the Americans than under the influence of any other power. Despite this, look at the results.

Aaah, the dream of being free... it may simply be a dream and nothing more.

-NALs

Exactly my point and the DR is a prosperous, nation compared to Haiti. So if the DR can do it, so can Haiti.

Feb 5, 2006
I would say yes. It's very well defined here. Your kids school, the places you shop at, the clubs you hang out at, the places you go for vacation, all help re-enforce your status. The line between classes here is very clear and that line is solid and kept in place.

Look at Sammy Sosua, he is very wealthy and an international celebrity, but he will never be able to cross certain class lines here due to his background.
Kids in middle class schools will pick up a ball and play soccer before they will pick up a baseball bat. It's another way of drawing the class line.
Some wealthy middle class brought Jaguars when they first arrived, then 1 or 2 Merengeros brought Jag's. Bad move by the dealer, sales dived :)

Classisem penetrates many areas of peoples life here, at times subtle, other times in your face. You get used to it and eventually find your place in the pecking order.

To be honest, I really don't have a problem with it.

NOT ON MY WATCH!!!

Stay with your hairdressing.

“As a scientist Throckmorton knew that if he were ever to break wind in the echo chamber, he would never hear the end of it.”

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
First of all latinos are infiltrating "your country" just like every one else that lives there did. Except of course for the native indians. And, NYC is my home town and I spent a lot of UNWANTED time around white, black, orange racist dickheads, so what is your point? If you truly are a New Yorker, than I am sure you have seen the Italian flags in the bumpers of camaros or the bars with all the Irish trimings and you have heard of neiborhoods like China Town. I was once in Harlem and I could not understand a word that people where saying because I am not fluent in Ebonics. And when I was growing up in Queens at the best pizza shop in town you would make an order and someone would yell to the cooks in Italian. Never had a problem with that, as a matter of fact that I believe is the best part of being a New Yorker, but I guess not all New Yorkers feal this way.

New Yorkers have a bagle for breakfast, a slice for lunch and for diner arroz y habichuela con carne which in my house was caiiine.

So please you human race hater take your lies and your hate elsewhere. The world is full of mistakes made by miopic people just like you.

AAAAAHHHHHH!!! 1HumanRace got !!! daaamn you tore him a new hole hahaha human race get your **** together the native americans didnt ask the europeans to come and rape their wemon and burn down their villiages **** they were the ones who infiltrated the natives land **** some people are just plain ignorant about everything around the no wonder everyone hates america becouse of people like you stupid douche hope you get T-bagged in the mouth tonight

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Look at the title of this thread as that should give those of you that have the capacity to think and reason an elementary idea as to what to post in this thread.

For those of you that may not have the necessary capacity for the above mentioned functions...............................................

Rick

“As a scientist Throckmorton knew that if he were ever to break wind in the echo chamber, he would never hear the end of it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.