Is the Justice Department acting beyond the expectations of President Abinader? President warns his officials to stick to the law

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019

President Luis Abinader has sent his government officials an open letter with a request that seems to reveal even he is surprised with the recent actions of the Specialized Anti-Administrative Corruption Prosecution Agency (Pepca). The Justice Department agency presented this week a comprehensive file in the recent corruption case that involves the younger brother and two sisters of former President Danilo Medina. Pepca presented a comprehensive 267-page file with details that reveal the widespread complicity of government officials in the billionaire business deals of Alexis Medina, the former President’s youngest brother. The file was leaked to the press.

“The Justice Department has full freedom to investigate and submit to justice any case that involves any action against Dominican patrimony. I ask that we do not generate a circus of persecution, nor a show of...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
From another discussion on the topic
======================================

Abinader asks his officials not to make a circus of the persecution against corruption

https://eldia.com.do/abinader-pide-a-su … orrupcion/

Here is the full translated letter he sent to his ministers:

Ministers and ministers,

All officials,

During the months that we have been in government, we have worked tirelessly to fulfill the promises we made to the Dominican people. By electing us, our compatriots, they placed their hopes and trust in us to transform this country once and for all.

We are not failing you and we are not failing you.

When I promised that we would have an independent and autonomous justice, I did so with all conviction and to the last consequences. I did not know nor do I know any details of the judicial operations that are open or of those that may be opened in the future.

That is what we promised the Dominican people. And that is what we are doing: justice and independence.

The Public Ministry has total freedom to investigate and bring to justice any file that involves any action against the patrimony of the Dominicans.

I ask you not to create a circus of persecution, nor a spectacle of infamy dragging us all through the mud, because justice is not revenge. And we cannot, because of the responsibility of the positions we hold, divide the country, or polarize it.

Our best argument against what we have known these days is work, example and transparency. We must make it clear with our daily conduct that public money will be the object of maximum protection and no one will be able to waste a single peso without consequences.

The magnifying glass is already on us. And now it will be even more so. About all of us here. That is why I reiterate my request for total and absolute honesty and integrity.

This government has renounced the power that the previous ones had over the control of the Public Ministry. Whoever commits an illegal act will not be protected by anyone. Whoever it. I gave my word, and so it will be.

The best heritage and the only thing that will remain when we finish our years in government will be recognition of Los Dominicanos de bien. It will be the pride of our children towards us and not their shame. There is no longer room in this country for behavior that does not conform to these values of ethics and transparency. And I will never allow bad practices to become the hallmark of the government in this country.

Now they attack us harshly because a central element that supports life in our country has been hit: patronage and corruption. But do not get lost, remember the objective for which public servants elected us: to improve people's lives and leave a country better than the one we found, developing our work with honesty, ethics and transparency.

Destiny in all their efforts to them is not demanded by our people and it asks its president.