Is there a Plan B in case of a spike of Covid-19 in the DR?

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Covid-19-MacDill-AFB-1024x576.jpg
Coronavirus Disease 2019 Rotator Graphic for af.mil. (U.S. Air Force Graphic by Rosario “Charo” Gutierrez)

The National District and La Altagracia are curfew-free starting Monday, 9 August 2021. Drinking alcoholic beverages is still banned after midnight to 5am, and permits are needed for large events. Previously, curfew had been set at 11pm.

Nevertheless, the coming 16 August long weekend could bring the agglomeration of persons triggering the next outbreak of Covid-19. So far, the number of persons infected has kept at a low, positivity and active cases continue on the same downward that began in July 2021. Experts say the vaccines ensure that people who get sick get less sick, thus the drastic decline in hospitalizations. But there is concern, all this could change any day, as has occurred abroad.

No more curfews, and, apparently, no more social distancing, either. At...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Se fue la luz

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
No more curfews, and, apparently, no more social distancing, either. At least for the National District and La Altagracia province, where around 80% of the population has been vaccinated with the required two jabs. In theory, this is sufficient for what the medical people call “herd immunity” and therefore not a major contributor to further spread of the virus that started in China.

Was not aware that the National District was a big tourist area.........................

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
In the end cash is and always will be King. Same reason why there were zero test (negative) requirements for tourist entering this country since day one of the hysteria. Yall may disagree with my statement but this a FACT.
How on earth were they ever going to stop the spread with tens of thousands of people flying in weekly?
Don't be a fool.
So long as the money is flowing to the right interest...
HELL YEA!

So what is the plan B you ask?
Plan B is to make MONEY.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Some FACTS to digest Nationally in the DR. More vaccinations equals less cases and deaths. FACT.

COVID-19 August 9, 2021 | 12:09 pm

Covid-19: 130 new cases, zero deaths​

Santo Domingo.- Infections and deaths from COVID-19 have registered a decrease during the last three days, after the Ministry of Public Health said that Monday, in its monitoring bulletin to the virus, 130 new cases and zero deaths from the disease.
In the bulletin presented this Sunday the health authorities reported 344 cases and, like today, no deaths from the coronavirus. Meawhile in the bulletin published on Saturday, one death from COVID-19 and 322 infections were reported.

• Love
Reactions: CristoRey and cavok

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Already the Government has said to have your third vaccine dose but this time with Pfizer and at the Vaccine centres they will tell you that after the fourth dose you will get a new card to carry around with you The Sinovac was used when there were problems obtaining Pfizer or Astro Z and in my opinion,it appears to have worked well with less deaths and serious cases in those people who have been vaccinated. When the commercial passenger flights were recommenced in about July 2020 all Dominicans,residents and tourists had to provide a negative prueba at the airport where they entering and if not they were either given a test on the spot and told to quarantine in the one place until the results came through. That then changed to random tests. Now of course so many more tourists have already been vaccinated in their home countries and the danger is much less
i personally think that the Dominican people as a whole have done a fantastic job in following the Covid rules. by having their vaccine shots ,by wearing masks and by social distancing .. there are pockets of resistance in less educated areas to the various rules but overall I think we have done well and will continue to do so .

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Already the Government has said to have your third vaccine dose but this time with Pfizer and at the Vaccine centres they will tell you that after the fourth dose you will get a new card to carry around with you The Sinovac was used when there were problems obtaining Pfizer or Astro Z and in my opinion,it appears to have worked well with less deaths and serious cases in those people who have been vaccinated. When the commercial passenger flights were recommenced in about July 2020 all Dominicans,residents and tourists had to provide a negative prueba at the airport where they entering and if not they were either given a test on the spot and told to quarantine in the one place until the results came through. That then changed to random tests. Now of course so many more tourists have already been vaccinated in their home countries and the danger is much less
i personally think that the Dominican people as a whole have done a fantastic job in following the Covid rules. by having their vaccine shots ,by wearing masks and by social distancing .. there are pockets of resistance in less educated areas to the various rules but overall I think we have done well and will continue to do so .
This is fantastic news.
The sooner we get everyone their shots,
the sooner we can all get together and
throw those massive super spreader parties again!
Hey, wait a minute...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No more curfews, and, apparently, no more social distancing, either. At least for the National District and La Altagracia province, where around 80% of the population has been vaccinated with the required two jabs. In theory, this is sufficient for what the medical people call “herd immunity” and therefore not a major contributor to further spread of the virus that started in China.

Was not aware that the National District was a big tourist area.........................
Perhaps not as many tourists as politicians in that spot. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: cavok and CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Unable to find a story about this to confirm it in the media, but meanwhile a bar owner in Puerto Plata insists the government was going around with a vehicle blasting a message that only the vaccinated can enter bars, restaurants and clubs and I QUOTE:

Expat In Puerto Plata

tAgugogsSfmumsaft 7 apfonutusg o4:0r7meSemoi cPMd ·

In Puerto Plata: salud publico announcing that if you are not vaccinated, you can't enter bars, restaurants or clubs anymore.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They certainly enforced the curfew as the thousands that spent a night in a jail cell can attest to.................Try and get in a bank here without a mask and see how far you get. Really not too hard to enforce................

Reactions: Kipling333

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Not germane to the subject. Nice try though.
Oh yeah? What is the difference with someone standing at a supermarket, a bank, or any other business checking for masks and temperature than standing at a restaurant or bar entrance and doing the same thing with regards to checking for a vaccination card? You tell me....................

Reactions: Kipling333

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Oh yeah? What is the difference with someone standing at a supermarket, a bank, or any other business checking for masks and temperature than standing at a restaurant or bar entrance and doing the same thing with regards to checking for a vaccination card? You tell me....................
A vaccine card will NEVER apply to a gringo on holiday...
aka Joe and Suzy the tourist so please spare us with your fantasy.

We live "here" because we like "here" the way it is. Stop trying to push the idea of "here" becoming more like "there".

If you are unhappy with the way "here" currently is...
you are free to move back "there" at your earliest convenience and please do the rest of us a favor and take the ones peddling this garbage with you when you leave.

Thanks in advance.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
For your information I have been a Dominican citizen for over 17 years. I trained Special Forces for the Dominican Air Force for 15 years. And I have no intentions of going anywhere.........................

What is your claim to fame for being here?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
For your information I have been a Dominican citizen for over 17 years. I trained Special Forces for the Dominican Air Force for 15 years. And I have no intentions of going anywhere.........................

What is your claim to fame for being here?
Oops.
After 10 years of living here full-time my "claim to fame" (aside from helping to provide decent paying jobs for dozens of Dominicans) is none of your business, nor shall it be at any point in the future.
I do however enjoy the easy laid back lifestyle this country has to offer and I would appreciate it (regardless of which horse you rode in on) if it remains that way.
Do you honestly believe making people show a card to enter an establishment is going to somehow prevent you from getting sick and dying?

My apologies for the less than flattering response(s) and I must say
I agree with almost every thing you post on this forum but man this Covid crap is worst than a political thread.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

We'll do this kinda slow for you. A mask is not the same as a vax. A mask is very visual and imparts warm fuzzies to some, like yourself. You can instantly see who is masked and who is not. The only subterfuge is when one wears his or her mask over the mouth but not the nose. Most people don't care if you do or you don't.

A vax is not visual. Not even close. 100 or 200 pesos will allow you to enter anywhere they require a vax. We all know that. I don't see it as being enforceable. But for those of you who are obsessed with vaxing the universe, hope springs eternal.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I was in Sosua on Pedro Clisante and Dr Rosen on Sunday. Nobody , and I mean nobody walking, talking, seated, standing, moto-ing, hooking, whore-mongering, etc. anywhere in view as I walked around the area had a mask on. Not a single mask for them.

Only inside the Chinese stores where there a few people with masks.

Reactions: cavok and CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If plan B somehow includes preventing restaurants, bars and discos from allowing entry without proof of vaccination, like those speakers blasted on the Malecon in POP, the enforcement could be done fairly easily in this manner:

The PN waltz in and check all patrons and perhaps staff for proof of vaccination. If they find one person without proof (who is not a gringo on vacation for those who insist they will remain exempt and very well might be) then they order everyone out and padlock the doors.

Could work, if they want to have this as part of Plan B, no?

Reactions: chicagoan14

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
If plan B somehow includes preventing restaurants, bars and discos from allowing entry without proof of vaccination, like those speakers blasted on the Malecon in POP, the enforcement could be done fairly easily in this manner:

The PN waltz in and check all patrons and perhaps staff for proof of vaccination. If they find one person without proof (who is not a gringo on vacation for those who insist they will remain exempt and very well might be) then they order everyone out and padlock the doors.

Could work, if they want to have this as part of Plan B, no?

That would work well in Nazi Germany...or maybe California.