Is there a veterans facility in the DR ?

beachcomber

Oct 15, 2003
I went to the facility in Santiago. They said there was a first time $1000. RD to register and get I.D. I had an EKG and they checked my blood pressure. The doctor, very competent, then advised me to see a cardiologist at Union Medico. I went back once for an allergy shot which the Dr. gave me free of charge.
I was looking but couldn't find their business card. I'll post the info later if I find it in my truck. I was referred there by a vet and saw other vets there.
I was told about offices in both Puerto Plata as well as S.D

I am not a US vet but I know of 2 veterans that went to the old Puerto Plata clinic opposite the bhd bank, and were happy with the treatment they got. my neighbor knows the owner and informs me that part of the new bigger premises near Centro medico is to have some social activates as they get organized so veterans can get to know them and each other . It?s worth remembering that a lot of Dominicans served with the us forces and are now veterans, I know of one here in pop a good guy to know if you have problems. Anyone that has lived here for a time? and the DR has been my home for over 14 years to date? realizes that many doctors feel the best way to improve your health is to get you to lose weight from y wallet ? that been said I have I have not heard anything Bad about these guys to date, and their seem to be a good balances of opinions in this thread? so vet can way any cost in comparison to flights back to the US ..Just my opinion

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
I inquired with AEROPAQ about forwarding medications from my VMAC and this is waht they told me. If you have the prescription of the medicine you can ship it with us (no more than 2 bottles per package).

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I inquired with AEROPAQ about forwarding medications from my VMAC and this is waht they told me. If you have the prescription of the medicine you can ship it with us (no more than 2 bottles per package).

Yes puerto rico is the only close VA Hospital. You will need mental treatment after you pay 100 or more u.S. for a hotel waiting for your appointment a month away . I may just buy a tent and camp on the beach!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003

I routinely receive three or more prescriptions, plus some over the counter vitamins prescribed for macular degeneration, and some things like Imodium or Sudafed in a single package.

My service is Business Mail, not AEROPAQ.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
VA liason

that's my one big worry

http://www.mlvadr.com/
You pay a one time fee of 1150 rd ($25) and they have primary care and other services. If you have dependent on CHAMPVA they also take of that as well. I just talked with them on the phone. I will be going over there next week to sign up and get more information. They have 3 locations. Santo Domingo,Puerto Plata, and Santiago. Will report more after my visit there.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Since when does a US federal agency use a @hotmail.com as an email suffix. This is not a legitimate US government email domain. Dead giveaway.

THat sounds correct, but the State of Florida has had stamped on their license plates "MYFLORIDA.com for more thana decaadeinstead of MYFLORIDA.gov as it seems it should be.
Der Fish