Is this website just for ppl from other countries??

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I'm dominican and i live and dr, and i'd like to know that lol :rolleyes:

IS THIS WEBSITE JUST FOR PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES?

Sometimes it may seem like that, but there are plenty of people who post on DR1 who live amongst The Happiness & Chaos, who call The Dominican Republic home...

Who offer varying opinions on why The Country S-CKS, or why it's The Greatest place on Earth,

Ya can't beat that......

Molinator

Nov 17, 2009
i think this is a good place to live, but i think life is expensive here and it's hard to live here when you don't have enough incomes.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Welcome...

Move to Europe and see what is expensive living...

And yes, you do live in a beautifull country.. with its faults...

BelgianK

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Molinator,
Well, that is an interesting comment. Quite a lot of the Moderators dont live in DR full time and some have not been here for some time. It is hard to find out how long it is since they have been here. Even Robert spends time in Columbia. The Phillipines and elsewhere. Many of the posters are out of the DR too.

That is not to say that you cannot moderate a site like this if you dont live here. We moderate sites elsewhere but dont necessarily live at the site origin.
We actually live here in the DR and try to post accurate stuff on topics we know about but defer to others that obviously have a closer connection with an OP question.

I would say that DR1 does offer and indeed should encourage poster who are Dominicans and people who actually live in the DR .

Rant over

Olly and the Team

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm dominican and i live and dr, and i'd like to know that lol :rolleyes:

Welcome to dr1.

I've been living in the DR for 26 years, but there are Dominicans who actively post who have always lived here. We also have posters who only spend a week or two in the DR each year.

Because we have that mix, with people seeing the country through different eyes, the information is more valuable than if the only posters were Dominican, or were only expats, or were only vacationers for a short period each year.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
The answer to your question is No, and somebody correct me if I am wrong but the website forum requiste is for all things Dominican!

g'luck

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Welcome Molinator. Not dominican, but very aplatanao after 12 years. I love your country and will never leave. Neither should you. :nervous:

i think this is a good place to live, but i think life is expensive here and it's hard to live here when you don't have enough incomes.

That kind of happens anywhere, right? If you don't have enough income, it's hard to live.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
This forum seems to be for people from the Dominican Republic or other locales interested in the Dominican Republic to share ideas, concepts, feelings, opinions, biases and rants regardless of whether they are from the US, Canada, UK, South America, Europe, Russia, nearby or far-flung planets or other space-time continuums.

Providing you have some sort of appendage required to enter information into a computer system compliant with DR1, be it tactile, verbal or temporal, we will gratefully accept it and thoroughly trash it until we determine you have the necessary cojones (or equivalent) necessary to post on this forum, accept the rebukes, flames and trash until you actually obtain an answer to your inquiry. If you do not fall into this "category", I'd recommend begging out.