ISO US NOTERY FOR DOC SIGNATURE-SOSUA AREA

zuma48

Jul 15, 2019
I am looking for a US notary to notarize a document. It is for a state doc in the US.
Thanks

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is no one that can legally do that outside of the US Embassy in Santo Domingo, and they might not be open for business.

There might be a US Notary that will do it illegally. Years ago there was one in Perla Marina.

DominicanBabe

Apr 28, 2008
I am looking for a US notary to notarize a document. It is for a state doc in the US.
Thanks
Many states in the USA are now allowing REMOTE Notarization. A Remote Notary in the USA can notarize for anyone in the USA and Outside the USA. The Process is completely virtual, and very easy. You have to do it all through secured platforms created for this service. Do an online search for RON services.

Jan 9, 2004
Many states in the USA are now allowing REMOTE Notarization. A Remote Notary in the USA can notarize for anyone in the USA and Outside the USA. The Process is completely virtual, and very easy. You have to do it all through secured platforms created for this service. Do an online search for RON services.
You are correct with respect to some states, but not all.

The Covid-19 pandemic has forced many states to recently adopt emergency procedures for remote notarization.

However, and since it is state specific, you need to check each states regulations. By way of example, Massachusetts will only allow a remote notarization of a document if BOTH parties are located somewhere within the state.

It is a case by case, state by state basis.

If your state does not allow it, then short of flying back to the US, the Embassy/Consulate is your other choice.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
During 2020, we had to have a doc notarized and with the US consulate unavailable we contacted the party in the USA explaining the covid shut down and they accepted Guido Perdomo's Dom Rep notarization. I'm sure it's a case by case situation but you might try that route.

Reactions: Michael DR