It’s now easy to visit Playa Morón

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Playa-Moron-Go-Dominican-Republic-1024x681.jpg

While curfew and lockdown continue in the Dominican Republic, traveling out of the cities offers island respite. One of the most popular places is Samaná, the eco-touristic destination par excellence on the northeastern coast. Samaná presents the contrast of gorgeous beaches framed by lush low-lying hills in the northeastern peninsula.

The Abinader government recently completed the construction of the Limón to Playa Morón road, opening up for easy visitation many new beaches on the way. The new road is 5.8 km and the government invested around RD$150 million in its completion.

Read more in Spanish:TeleuniversoTV

22 February 2021

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
You could always easily get to Playa Moron (it just wasn't paved, been there countless times with the kids), for the President to come all the way here and inaugurate a road to reach it, I am convinced there is a development (hotel/resort/luxury condos) in the making.

Reactions: JD Jones

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
For me, one of the nicest beaches in the DR. Road wasn't great.
Sometimes the road being NOT great is a good thing.. I hear that Playa Rincon is not the same like when the road was really bad and hard to get to .
Cant wait to see this Beach now .. have to confess I never even recall hearing of it before .. It looks awesome... and Yes I DO hope the road is trough and not easy . hopefully less people to destroy the natural beauty and leave trash everywhere..

Reactions: Caonabo

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Sometimes the road being NOT great is a good thing.. I hear that Playa Rincon is not the same like when the road was really bad and hard to get to .
Cant wait to see this Beach now .. have to confess I never even recall hearing of it before .. It looks awesome... and Yes I DO hope the road is trough and not easy . hopefully less people to destroy the natural beauty and leave trash everywhere..

They built luxury villas a couple of years back overlooking playa moron, it s always been spotless: http://cap-luxury-villas.greaterantilleshotels.com/en/

It s a little out of the way being in Limon, so I doubt that it will lead to crowds. Definitely, one of the most beautiful, clean and quiet beach around. In any case, there are other beaches as beautiful in the vicinity but only reachable by boat.

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They built luxury villas a couple of years back overlooking playa moron, it s always been spotless: http://cap-luxury-villas.greaterantilleshotels.com/en/

It s a little out of the way being in Limon, so I doubt that it will lead to crowds. Definitely, one of the most beautiful, clean and quiet beach around. In any case, there are other beaches as beautiful in the vicinity but only reachable by boat.
Luxury box homes, how nice. Russian designer?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Luxury box homes, how nice. Russian designer?

Contemporary architecture.
Can be seen all over the world (that s the point that bothers me the most), many new constructions are like that here in LT along with an infinity pool, mainly American owners.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Contemporary architecture.
Can be seen all over the world (that s the point that bothers me the most), many new constructions are like that here in LT along with an infinity pool, mainly American owners.
Many of the villas here are like that. Build big boxes with lots of rooms and columns, add a bunch of expensive furniture and lush vegetation.
I'm not knocking them because I like a lot of them, but most seem to follow the same script.

• Love
Reactions: Africaida