It’s the time to donate to the arts

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Luis-Abinader-Hoy-e1631626128412.jpg

The Presidency issued Decree 588-21 with the guidelines for sponsoring art in the Dominican Republic. The ruling is for the enactment of Law 340-19 for the Promotion of Culture in the Dominican Republic.

The implementation of the new ruling is now the responsibility of the Ministry of Culture. President Luis Abinader recently named Milagros Germán to be Minister of Culture as of 10 October 2021. She replaces Carmen Heredia who will become advisor on cultural matters to the President.

Read more in Spanish:Presidency – Decree 588-21 HoyListin Diario

14 September 2021

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OldSkool

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Promoting culture, donate to the arts?
Lower the volume on your speaker(s) so children can concentrate on reading, writing & studying. Maybe learn to play an instrument.
That will promote culture. That’s donating.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The few cultural exhibits I have been dragged to (kicking and screaming like a little girl) where attended to, IMO, by nothing but a bunch of elitist snobs.
I much prefer to donate to causes that will benefit people that need it, not wealthy people looking to get a better Rembrandt or a bigger ballet group.
Food banks, shelters for both animal and people, schools in under privileged countries like the DR, the list is endless.
Once people are fed and educated then support arts and culture.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
'High Art" and culture is definitely lacking on the island. Unless you consider paintings of Tupac Shakur R.I.P and as posted high volume blasted 50cent rap music a dose of culture.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
'High Art" and culture is definitely lacking on the island. Unless you consider paintings of Tupac Shakur R.I.P and as posted high volume blasted 50cent rap music a dose of culture.
They are quite a few very talented artists(painters) in the DR. I know a number of them. My first wife was a artist and book illustrator, as was her brother. Many artists in my family as well. Everyone has a different idea what " high Art" is. Culture, I won't touch that one.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
They are quite a few very talented artists(painters) in the DR. I know a number of them. My first wife was a artist and book illustrator, as was her brother. Many artists in my family as well. Everyone has a different idea what " high Art" is. Culture, I won't touch that one.
I am sure there are some tasteful talented artists here. I also understand Art and music is a changing paradigm. However I do not consider graffiti spray painted on buildings and walls or florescent velvet Bob Marley paintings tasteful

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I hope this initiative takes into account that the valuable art,music & dance lessons at Casa de Arte de Sosua have lost their municipal subsidy in Sosua.

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
This is one of those Painters we thankful can call our friend. He invited us to several exhibitions of his work and my wife was in class of painting by him, awesome guy.
The picture you see is a paint of himself.