It is Back To The Swamp For The Hippo

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
"old debts are not paid and new debts are allowed to grow old."

So, am I to interpret this as he won't pay any old bills and if he incurs any new debts it will be unpaid also?

Where's the incentive to do business with this guy (whether or not he becomes president)?

Dominicans suffer in mass from A.D.D. and short term memory loss...

Or else we all are collectively suffering from masochistic personality disorders!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Isn't this standard practice every time a government changes?

My husband has been in that situation and has not been paid for work done prior to the change - in both directions. In one case he did get part of the payment owed by the new administration, but had to give the government employee a slice as a pre-condition for getting the payment processed. A year or two ago he did some work for a government institution and they simply haven't paid him, saying they don't have the funds. Luckily it is not a huge amount but it did involve three or four days work and travel to the border region.

At the moment I'm owed some money by a quasi-governmental institution I did some work for back in October. On previous occasions they paid me in full within a couple of months. This time they told me it would be paid in installments. The second installment was delayed because they hadn't received their usual disbursement that month. The third is due next week, the fourth at the end of April, which is cutting it very fine. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if I recoup the full amount, and if the government changes, there is no guarantee that this institution will even continue to exist.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
If you ever had any big doubts that the PRD was and still is behind the money for the 4%:

P1050673.JPG

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Leonel, el loco de remate

While it may be true Hipolito is a buffon Leonel isn't far behind. From today's news:

"President Leonel Fernandez said the way the Dominican republic has managed to weather the global economic crisis it should designated as development model for countries."

La Informacion Digital

Has someone told Leonel the peso is almost at 40 to 1 and he has no bank crisis to blame it on?????

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
While it may be true Hipolito is a buffon Leonel isn't far behind. From today's news:

"President Leonel Fernandez said the way the Dominican republic has managed to weather the global economic crisis it should designated as development model for countries."

La Informacion Digital

Has someone told Leonel the peso is almost at 40 to 1 and he has no bank crisis to blame it on?????

The last 8 years have been a disaster, and they cant blame it all on the world wide economic condition. Crime is out of control and the police are a major part of the problem. It would be great if the people would vote for a third party president, but they wont. The young people need to start facebook type demonstrations outside of the rich politicians homes shouting "where did you get the money?", in some clever spanish way of course.

But since it wont happen this year, anyone that gets paid in dollars needs to vote for Papa! (of course many of those people cant vote in the DR)

llego papa hipolito mejia! llego papa hipolito mejia!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
The last 8 years have been a disaster, and they cant blame it all on the world wide economic condition. Crime is out of control and the police are a major part of the problem. It would be great if the people would vote for a third party president, but they wont. The young people need to start facebook type demonstrations outside of the rich politicians homes shouting "where did you get the money?", in some clever spanish way of course.

But since it wont happen this year, anyone that gets paid in dollars needs to vote for Papa! (of course many of those people cant vote in the DR)

Your right, because for those paid in peso's will be in deep sh!t, as they will need a truckload to buy anything.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
All I'm praying for is that the best of the worst wins, whether it be Danilo or Hipolito.

While Hipo certainly has his idiosyncrasies what worries me about the PLD is they pretend that everything is ok with the situation and that the voters are satisfied. I suppose the latter members of the PLD are are happy because they are receiving something but what about the rest of us?????

Finally, Fernandez talking about how great the economy is here in the DR is a good example of his delusional thinking probably only bested among democracies by Obama.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

So you think those paid in dollars should be selfiish and the hell with everyone else! I don't agree- the past 4 years have been a disaster, and yes the global economy has played a part. Poor government has as well. Be careful for what you wish.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Even though getting paid in dollars seems nice when peso is going down, I do fear there won't be a lot of business to do to earn those dollars...:(

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
So you think those paid in dollars should be selfiish and the hell with everyone else! I don't agree- the past 4 years have been a disaster, and yes the global economy has played a part. Poor government has as well. Be careful for what you wish.

Actually I just wanted to say "llego papa hipolito mejia! llego papa hipolito mejia" cause its so funny. I believe Fernandez has been in power for 12 of the past 16 years, so there is no one more responsible. Dont countries build railroads before subways?

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
There is a election sign of Polito in Escalerata near Luperon showing the All Seeing Eye in the middle this is the same as on the back of the US dollar and most people have no idea what it means it is the sign of a secret organisation that President Kennedy warned the people about just before he was killed it is also the insignia of the new world order and if you don’t know what that is search it out. If it doesn’t scare you it should.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I heard a rumor from an apparent PRD'eista that Leonel's gov't was going to pass a law prohibiting the PRD party from having internet access the day of the election. It's also common to hear in the streets that the comesolos "PLD" don't care anything about the rest of the country and that's why crime is on the rise. Still, Danilo is in the lead but supposedly Hipo was way behind in 2000 but look what happened.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
I heard a rumor from an apparent PRD'eista that Leonel's gov't was going to pass a law prohibiting the PRD party from having internet access the day of the election. It's also common to hear in the streets that the comesolos "PLD" don't care anything about the rest of the country and that's why crime is on the rise. Still, Danilo is in the lead but supposedly Hipo was way behind in 2000 but look what happened.

Don't jinx it now!

LOL!